Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomRose

I disagree. :mario:

See:

Hell

"I prefer clarity to agreement." ~ Dennis Prager

Your hell-mongers are wrong. "The wages of sin is DEATH," not torture in a literal fire. The Bible clearly states this, and yet you teach of a place where people are NOT dead, but are still living and will be tortured forever.

You have swallowed Satan's original lie---the biggest lie ever told---"you will not die."

Mickiel

For what possible reason? God made the earth for us to live on. Why do you think He has changed His mind?

"For thus says the LORD [YHWH], who created the heavens....He is the God who formed the earth and made it, He established it and did not create it a waste place [or, 'in vain,' KJV], but formed it to be inhabited." (Isaiah 45:18, NASB)

That was written even after Adam & Eve rebelled & the plan for a Savior was set in place. So it doesn't look like God changed His mind about people living here.

"The heavens are the heavens of the LORD, but the earth He has given to the sons of men." (Psalm 115:16, NASB)

"Evildoers will be cut off, but those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land. The humble will inherit the land and will delight themselves in abundant prosperity....The righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever." (Psalm 37: 9,11,29, NASB)

:thumb:

I guess you are just fishing for an argument , or you just like to contend people for any little thing. I believe the earth will be the " Center of the universe of heaven." Yes, I think heaven will be a universe and beyond. I disagree with any teaching that suggest that heaven will just be the planet earth. God created the universe to be populated and filled; and it will be. Isaiah 9:7 the increase of his government will never end! Part of that means the Kingdom of heaven will always expand.

Amazingly that expansion includes Peace, Love, Joy, knowledge; everything will always increase! Which is stunning to consider, in my view.

Mickiel

You have swallowed Satan's original lie---the biggest lie ever told---"you will not die."

That was not a lie in my view. In fact, I see no lies told to Adam or Eve in Eden, they were deceived using truth.

They did not die, they lived another 930 years, and now they are just sleep.

Prizebeatz1

That was not a lie in my view. In fact, I see no lies told to Adam or Eve in Eden, they were deceived using truth.

They did not die, they lived another 930 years, and now they are just sleep.[/QUOTE

I think eating the fruit is symbolic of our tendency to judge which keeps us feeling separated from God. It might even be okay to bite the fruit once or twice but we like the way it tastes and get comfortable. When we actually die we realize that we did not live to the fullest. We were deceived into feeling separate from God and lose out on the joy of knowing and experiencing the richness of the soul while we were alive which is for what it's meant.

KingdomRose

They did not die, they lived another 930 years, and now they are just sleep.

No, you have to get up to speed with your Bible reading. Satan is called "a liar and the father of the lie" by Jesus Christ himself. (John 8:44) Adam was NOT deceived, but rebelled deliberately (I Timothy 2:14).

Satan suggested to Eve that God was lying to her and that He was holding something good back from her and Adam. You think this was "truth"? And...they DID die. You said they did not! Haven't you read that "a day is a thousand years to God, and a thousand years a day"? (Psalm 90:4; 2Peter 3:8)

Why would you say that I want to start an argument? You made a ludicrous statement that all people will go to heaven, so why wouldn't I say something to correct that delusion? You ask many questions but do not accept anybody's answers. Why bother? What you say about EVERYBODY being saved, no matter what kind of person they are, is absolutely contradicting to the Bible, and you are shown the appropriate verses, but you dismiss them! Get real, or your thread will end up being ignored.

:down::sozo2: (<you)

Mickiel

No, you have to get up to speed with your Bible reading. Satan is called "a liar and the father of the lie" by Jesus Christ himself. (John 8:44) Adam was NOT deceived, but rebelled deliberately (I Timothy 2:14).

Satan suggested to Eve that God was lying to her and that He was holding something good back from her and Adam. You think this was "truth"? And...they DID die. You said they did not! Haven't you read that "a day is a thousand years to God, and a thousand years a day"? (Psalm 90:4; 2Peter 3:8)

Why would you say that I want to start an argument? You made a ludicrous statement that all people will go to heaven, so why wouldn't I say something to correct that delusion? You ask many questions but do not accept anybody's answers. Why bother? What you say about EVERYBODY being saved, no matter what kind of person they are, is absolutely contradicting to the Bible, and you are shown the appropriate verses, but you dismiss them! Get real, or your thread will end up being ignored.

:down::sozo2: (<you)

Adam and Eve did not die, their just sleep; their bodies are dead, but not their consciousness; and that is what the serpent meant by telling them, " You shall not " Surely die"; he meant their consciousness would not die. That was the truth. He knew their bodies would rot. The serpent told them their eyes would be opened, another truth; their eyes were opened. He told them they would know good and evil, like God; another truth.

And as far as this thread being ignored; I am pleased with how this thread is going, and the attention it is receiving.

Mickiel

In Rev. 21:5 God promises to make " All things New!" No more old business, no more death in his eternity, nobody will be dead forever, death will be abolished, not indulged one last time. The very nature of all humans will be changed; yes all humans, especially those you are willing to condemn. They will be forced to see it God's way, all choice will be eliminated, and the Kingdom of God then, will be like it is now in heaven; all beings submit to God, they have NEVER been given a choice, and never will; neither will any human.

Mickiel

In Rev. 22:17 the final message in scripture is the Holy Spirit and Christ saying that if you thirst you can take of the water of life " Freely." Christianity cannot place a cost on that, Jehovah's Witnesses cannot reduce the number of freedom; salvation is absolutely free, because its free, its for everyone and all are covered by it.

I mean its academic; the religions can argue and debate on it all they want to, because they have no say in the matter; religion is only special in their own eyes.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It does not matter what religion you are in, what culture or sex you are, God still made you, Prov.22:2. He made you for a reason, human birth is not a happenstance lottery to God; God ordered your life to be! Your salvation is NOT in your hands, that is just religious propaganda. Your salvation is completely in God's hands; he ordered it and he has it in heaven where religions cannot rape it from you. Your own fear and inadequacy cannot rob you of this God ordained destiny. None of the opinions of any Christian on this site can change this.

4401566.jpg

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell, when he rejects the religions who created the hell? Why would God embrace the horrid traditions of religious men? The nature of hell defines the nature of those who created it and believe in it; merciless and violent.

Mickiel

\

In 1 Corinth. 12:6, the same God works in all! This same God can work in all religions , if and when he wants; the same with people, anyone who he wishes to work in, he will. See God has all this under his control, religion does not control this; we all are just spectators in a grand salvation.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Universalists have nothing to do with Truth.

“The human brain is a complex organ with the wonderful power of enabling man to find reasons for continuing to believe whatever it is that he wants to believe.”
brain-emoticon.gif
~ Voltaire 1 Thess. 5:3

Last edited:

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell , when in 1 Corinth. 15:3 it states very clearly that Christ died for our sins. Now which sins have the humans in your hell committed, which Christ could not get to?

Mickiel

Can you explain to us the righteousness behind the Christian theology of eternal hell? What's right about it? Please, give us a complete theology on hell; why does it exist? Give us the biblical reasons why it exist? Can you tell us how God himself feels about hell? Can you tell us why it is not in the Old Testament? Could you explain hell to me please?

Its a major doctrine in religion, please defend it with enough scripture and reason to help us comprehend the sanity of punishing a human alive for all time in eternity.

Mickiel

As time moves on and man becomes more and more corrupt, the religious message cannot deal with it in biblical manners, so it is trying to fight fire with fire. Its using hell as a part of the gospel; a sad error in the reality of how to help someone, and a serious departure from Luke 9:56, again Jesus, ( and please excuse me for constantly using the things Jesus has stated), " For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."

You know, I am tempted to start a thread on Jesus ability and power to save; but I just don't think most believers in God pay attention to the things Jesus taught; they are addicted to the things their Pastor is teaching.

Jesus said he did NOT come to destroy men's lives; that means he will NOT destroy one human life! Listen, when he taught that he did not come here to destroy a human life, which means eternal death, he meant that! Now Jesus taught that he did not come here to kill humans for eternity, and we have believers in God who are teaching that he did come here to kill humans forever! He did come here to destroy human life.

Then we have believers who are teaching that there will be a group of humans, perhaps billions of them, being punished alive for all of eternity. They are teaching that Jesus did not come here to save those people, like he was unable too; or that they were beyond his power and ability and love and talent to save!

The attack on the true gospel is incredible! The perversion of the truth is the most serious problem that I see in humanity; and religion is the cause of it. And the very first seal that Jesus opened in Revelations 6th chapter, is a White horse that had incredible weapons and it was dementing the minds of believers; false religions, and their main weapon was the bible!

This is incredible power; the bible actually being used to deceive believers!

Mickiel

If you don't mind, again Jesus in Luke 11:44, " Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, ( or religious believers in God), for you are as graves which appear not, ( or false teachings on hell, teaching that the hell used in scriptures, which is obviously the grave, is now a place of eternal conscious torment), and the men that walk over them are not aware of them, ( which means this teaching on the physical grave has now been changed to mean eternal hell punishing is not what the bible really teaches, so humans are not aware of that truth.)

The bible can help you understand; it can defend you from false religion; it can save you from the horrors that result from not being able to meet the standards of religion. It can give you a clearer understanding and help you escape the quagmire in religion.

Mickiel

Why would God or Jesus waste their time on humanity if they did not provide a way for us all to be with them. Well they did, but religion has muddied the waters of truth so much, that it has blinded humanity from it.

You could stand on the corner and speak the truth, and men will ignore you. They will totally ignore truth wherever it is spoken, because they are addicted to " Religious truth."

Again and again Jesus, in Luke 19:10, " For the Son of Man is come to seek and save that which was lost." this is what Jesus is doing, or will do; seek out the unconverted. Go after them;chase them, the things the believers in God will not do. The action of " Seeking" those who reject Christ, is something religion is tired of doing, so they would rather quickly condemn them, than to take the time to help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.