Why would any conservative support Donald Trump?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you think people finally bought into one of Cruz's lies....that Trump had something to do with the Enquirer's story? It's interesting that's it so easy to believe Cruz had nothing to do with the nude pictures of Melania being sent to the Mormons, but it's impossible to believe that Trump had nothing to do with the Enquirer's piece. :think:

It's actually that kind of thing that may just keep Trump in the race....not that the party won't steal it from him in the end.
Well all I am saying is it looks like even some of the most staunch Trump supporters are distancing themselves from him. There has to be a reason.

PureX

12928291_1694939640776319_69854216417496747_n.png

glorydaz

Well all I am saying is it looks like even some of the most staunch Trump supporters are distancing themselves from him. There has to be a reason.

That may be. For myself, and many of the people I know, we're beginning to see that the powers that be won't allow him to be the nominee even if he does get enough votes. We're even becoming resigned to the fact that the convention will be a farce. I think that's happening to lots of folks and I think that's what you're seeing. It's not "we the people" any longer. It's "we the political elite". They'll win short term...but they'll lose in the general because so many will have lost all faith in the party.

rexlunae

LOL... :mock: Politifact

I think you just answered your own question. Who are Trump's supporters? People so steeped in right-wing spin that they look at a fact-checking by a respected, objective third party and laugh at it. Conservatives have been so successful at abolishing the concept of factuality that they now live in a sort of alternate reality, and they have their own alternate facts.

I know, I know, just the perspective of one liberal. Can't trust those people anyway. But that's what it looks like from here.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking it's because people realize that the party elite aren't about to let it happen. There has been so much talk about ways they can stop him at the Convention, even if he reaches the magic number....many see the handwriting on the wall.

You see the writing on the wall so you're going to change your support to someone you think the Establishment will allow?

If that's what you mean, I can understand to some extent if you're concerned about who might end up being chosen. But I tend to think you're doing the Establishment a favor by it. If you truly like Trump you should want him to go into the convention with as much support/delegates as possible because then it will be even more obvious if the Establishment tries to do a run-around. If Trump's support starts to fade then the Establishment could more easily justify doing something shady.

journey

I disagree. Those types of things only make Trump supporters more passionate. I think what is really killing Trump is his own bizarre behavior. The National Enquirer Cruz Sex Scandal seems to have really exposed Trump as a sleazy loser. (as if it wasn't obvious enough before)

I think that you're right.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Not surprising though, coming from the poster who spoke approvingly of "debo-ing" a woman down to the floor.

Of course that's the only thing you're worried about- that it was a woman.
But I'm sure she was that much more confident in what she was doing, having presumed no one would do anything to her because she's a female.

I don't recall stating what you posted, but I do approve of equality- not what you hold to, which isn't equality at all but just a word spammed to make people think that you all aren't deceiving everyone around you.

Yep. Because he's representative of a certain element of people clamoring for Trump.

And you're a representative of people who sue and harass people because they disagree with them.

At least we aren't deceitful, or justify contempt all with weak, dishonest excuses.

glorydaz

You see the writing on the wall so you're going to change your support to someone you think the Establishment will allow?

No, I'm not changing my support. I'm just getting angry about the underhanded tricks that are being played, and I won't be surprised at anything they do.

If that's what you mean, I can understand to some extent if you're concerned about who might end up being chosen. But I tend to think you're doing the Establishment a favor by it. If you truly like Trump you should want him to go into the convention with as much support/delegates as possible because then it will be even more obvious if the Establishment tries to do a run-around. If Trump's support starts to fade then the Establishment could more easily justify doing something shady.

They can try to justify anything, but there will be a lot of people that will refuse to vote for their chosen one. I certainly won't be voting for cheaters.

Sadly, my state (Oregon) will go to Bernie Sanders. So, I'm basically a bystander in the election process. But, I still like to give my opinion. :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Funny how the Left supports groups of people who riot and burn down businesses, sues people for their beliefs, slanders others to keep them from succeeding, abuse the law, and then sit their in their infinite hypocrisy crying at one of these people getting assaulted for it.

This simple assault was so bad, let me tell you, that I bet they would much rather lose their business and have their reputation destroyed by these American traitors called 'liberals'.

glorydaz

It's called "simple battery". A touch doesn't even need to cause harm. It has to be involuntary, and be offensive. And the victim had bruises.

It's actually "simple-minded battery". :chuckle:

The question and answer session had ended and this gal insisted on asking Trump more questions. How could anyone claim she was touched "against her will" when she was putting herself beside Trump, and grabbing his arm to get his attention? Were they supposed to say, "May I touch your arm and redirect you into your own private space to stop you from invading his?" She was being redirected during a media scrum. So, a mountain was made out of a molehill. "The reporter was knocked down and assaulted" was the cry from the Trump haters. This is the way they over react to everything. What a crock!

glorydaz

Funny how the Left supports groups of people who riot and burn down businesses, sues people for their beliefs, slanders others to keep them from succeeding, abuse the law, and then sit their in their infinite hypocrisy crying at one of these people getting assaulted for it.

This simple assault was so bad, let me tell you, that I bet they would much rather lose their business and have their reputation destroyed by these American traitors called 'liberals'.

Yep, it's a twisted mixed up world we live in, and it will only get worse if we don't get a "Common Sense" President to put a halt to it. That's why people like Trump. He takes us back in time to the days before Political Correctness reared it's UGLY head.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's called "simple battery". A touch doesn't even need to cause harm. It has to be involuntary, and be offensive. And the victim had bruises.
Maybe she bruises easily. Even calling it offensive could be a stretch, though strictly defensive doesn't quite fit either. Maybe the sketchy video is making it seem less severe than it was.
Given the definition from this link
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/florida-assault-and-battery-laws.html

It would seem he is guilty by letter of the law but given the situation I don't think it really fits.

glorydaz

Maybe she bruises easily. Even calling it offensive could be a stretch, though strictly defensive doesn't quite fit either. Maybe the sketchy video is making it seem less severe than it was.
Given the definition from this link
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/florida-assault-and-battery-laws.html

It would seem he is guilty by letter of the law but given the situation I don't think it really fits.

I agree. Just think if people start getting arrested for moving someone out of the way. It's a joke, and I doubt a jury will give it more than a glace....IF they do manage to get a prosecutor willing to take it to court.

ClimateSanity

The fact they have Obama a 48% rating tells you all you need to know. This so called fact checking outfit quoted is worthless.

As for being a respectable third party source is hilarious. Everything in the establishment is biased way to the left. The fact an organization like this is considered to be respectable by the establishment is exactly why a good portion of the populace is red hot raging fire fed up. The enraged populace is just a few steps away from burning Washington and all major media sources and wall street completely to the ground.