Why would any conservative support Donald Trump?

rexlunae

The question and answer session had ended and this gal insisted on asking Trump more questions.

That is legal, you know.

How could anyone claim she was touched "against her will" when she was putting herself beside Trump, and grabbing his arm to get his attention?

I didn't see her grab Trump's arm. If she had, Trump could potentially file charges against her (he won't).

Were they supposed to say, "May I touch your arm and redirect you into your own private space to stop you from invading his?"

You can't touch someone who doesn't want to be touched.

She was being redirected during a media scrum.

Illegally, it seems.

So, a mountain was made out of a molehill.

Maybe. She had a substantial bruise. It seems like the bodyguard grabber her pretty hard.

"The reporter was knocked down and assaulted" was the cry from the Trump haters. This is the way they over react to everything. What a crock!

I think you may be conflating several cases. There have been some people knocked down at Drumpf rallies, but not in this case. That wasn't the complaint here. And incidentally, the person making the complaint wasn't me, or any "Trump hater". It was the reporter.

rexlunae

Maybe she bruises easily.

Doesn't really matter if she does. It's evidence of the crime, but not necessary for it to be a crime.

Even calling it offensive could be a stretch, though strictly defensive doesn't quite fit either.

The point is, it's not necessary to find that he caused injury.

Maybe the sketchy video is making it seem less severe than it was.
Given the definition from this link
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/florida-assault-and-battery-laws.html

It would seem he is guilty by letter of the law but given the situation I don't think it really fits.

He did yank her back. That's fairly rough, by any standard.

Last edited:

glorydaz

That is legal, you know.

Only in that there is no specific LAW against it. In case you hadn't noticed, reporters push the boundaries all the time. Ask the Hollywood stars who have to contend with them on a regular basis.

I didn't see her grab Trump's arm. If she had, Trump could potentially file charges against her (he won't).

Look closer. I saw it for the first time from the aerial view. She grabs his arm and he pulls it away...then Corey steers her away. She didn't even flinch. Actually, Trump said today that maybe he should charge her with battery for grabbing his arm. He clearly saw it, too. But, I'm betting neither Corey nor Trump thought much of it at the time because it's such a common occurrence. This gal had an agenda...coming the day after the elite had their first "secret meeting".

You can't touch someone who doesn't want to be touched.

You can if they're getting in your space.

Illegally, it seems.

Guess that's up to the Prosecutor and Jury. We should be seeing a big increase in simple battery charges if that's the case.

Maybe. She had a substantial bruise. It seems like the bodyguard grabber her pretty hard.

Really? Lots of people bruise really easily. I'm one of them, and half the time I don't even know what I did to get one. I could grab my own arm and look worse than that.

I think you may be conflating several cases. There have been some people knocked down at Drumpf rallies, but not in this case. That wasn't the complaint here. And incidentally, the person making the complaint wasn't me, or any "Trump hater". It was the reporter.

No, I remember quite well the initial claims were she'd been roughed up, nearly knocked down, and assaulted. There were even some posts on this forum that made those claims. I commented on them at the time.

rexlunae

Only in that there is no specific LAW against it. In case you hadn't noticed, reporters push the boundaries all the time. Ask the Hollywood stars who have to contend with them on a regular basis.

It's neither a technicality, nor incidental. On the contrary, the press are explicitly protected by the Constitution, the only industry that is. The fact that it happens to celebrities and politicians all the time, and they just kinda have to deal with it, is a reflection of the Constitutionally protected nature of journalism.

Look closer. I saw it for the first time from the aerial view. She grabs his arm and he pulls it away...then Corey steers her away.

I've looked at it a several times. I still don't see it.

She didn't even flinch. Actually, Trump said today that maybe he should charge her with battery for grabbing his arm. He clearly saw it, too. But, I'm betting neither Corey nor Trump thought much of it at the time because it's such a common occurrence. This gal had an agenda...coming the day after the elite had their first "secret meeting".

Drumpf loves to threaten legal action. He never really follows through.

You can if they're getting in your space.

Not generally.

Really? Lots of people bruise really easily. I'm one of them, and half the time I don't even know what I did to get one. I could grab my own arm and look worse than that.

The bruise is evidence of the crime, but not necessary for it to be a crime. And anyway, he yanked her back by a lot. He not only stopped her forward motion, but pulled her back by what looks like at least the width of her shoulders.

No, I remember quite well the initial claims were she'd been roughed up, nearly knocked down, and assaulted. There were even some posts on this forum that made those claims. I commented on them at the time.

Assault and battery are often conflated. And all of the evidence is that it was a fairly rough handling.

Lon

Donald Trump's Debates: 5 Mental Tricks
:plain: I think some of this may be true with people, but I'm not this way. I'd not interrupt Trump or allow him to get it back if I felt I had to and such was necessary. "No Donald, you interrupted me first, I'm not interested in apologizing to you." Debate or banter prowess isn't that impressive to me. This kid is pretty much talking about his generation and relative truth, though. The influence on the television has a lot less prowess upon me. It has a lot more on most people. I am resistant to subliminal and overt commercialization. I wish a lot more people were. Trump is popular merely because he is a celebrity and 'says' the things people want to hear. I find a lot of his decisions terrible, for business and will be for America.

When I asked one other person why he'd vote for Trump, he said "Because Trump is neither a Democrat or a Republican, just running on that ticket. He is so in-your-face and arrogant, that we can easily live with him for 4 years, if only he shakes up 'business as usual in Washington.'"

I think it a gamble, but it 'might' be a good gamble for a people that are fed up. I think I can see somewhat, why Conservative voters and Christians would support Trump. They are seeing him virtually, as a Libertarian running under a Republican ticket and see him capable, however self-interested, as shaking up the establishment and forcing change. To me, is seems a bit anachronistic, though. Demonstrating in the streets is not my preference though I am not wholly opposed to a good tree-shaking.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Donald Trump's Debates: 5 Mental Tricks

That was very good, thank you. The mental tricks are basic social psychology, and I agree with what the commentator is saying, and I like how he plays the clip and then explains what Trump is doing. Trump uses basic salesmanship and yes, all politicians are going to employ it to greater or lesser degrees, but what's telling is how many people Trump has suckered into believing he's actually saying something of substance.

musterion

Apparently all three broke their pledge to support whoever the nominee is against Clinton. Trump was just the most direct about saying so. That's it, I'm done breaking my own rule and entangling myself with false hope. Get ready for it...

Spoiler
NncEftF.jpg