Theology Club: Why Will No One in the Neo-MAD Camp Address John 3:16?

Jerry Shugart

Paul Sadler, the President of the Berean Bible Society and one of the chief spokesmen of the Neo-MAD view, says that salvation according to the gospel of circumcision could not be achieved apart from "works":

"We should add that the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the kingdom are inseparably bound together. Both are based upon a 'performance system.' It is this program and message that James was laboring under when he wrote his epistle...How often James must have heard one of his countrymen say, 'I believe in God.' But James observed that there were no fruits in his life that substantiated his claim, which was essential under the gospel of the circumcision" [emphasis added] (Sadler, "Studies in the Epistle of James", The Berean Searchlight, January, 2006, p.8-9).​

Pastor Sadler continues, writing that "According to James, Abraham served as a 'pattern' to the circumcision that faith and works were 'required' for salvation under their program" [emphasis added] (Ibid., p.10).

Hoow can that be said since we read here that those who believe are saved:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

The Neo-MADs on this forum are absolutely convinced that the Jews who lived under the Law could not be saved apart from works. How can they be certain of that with John 3:16 in view.

That verse says that all who "believe" are saved but those in the Neo-MAD camp say the the Jews who lived under the Law could have "faith" but they are not saved unless they do works.

Every time I bring John 3:16 up to the Neo-MADs I never get an answer. They refuse to give their interpretation of the meaning of that verse.

They say that they follow Paul but the certainly do not follow him when he says that he "kept back nothing that was profitable unto you" and "I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God" (Acts 20:20, 27).

Will they continue to run and hide from John 3:16 or will they finally give their interpretation of the meaning of the verse?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

way 2 go

The Neo-MADs on this forum are absolutely convinced that the Jews who lived under the Law could not be saved apart from works. How can they be certain of that with John 3:16 in view.

1Sa 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a harmful spirit from the LORD tormented him.

Jerry Shugart

1Sa 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a harmful spirit from the LORD tormented him.

So are you saying that a believer can perish despite what is written here:

way 2 go

when ?

Eze 18:24 But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for them he shall die.

Jerry Shugart

Again, you seem to be arguing that those who believe can perish despite what is said here?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).

Is that what you are arguing? It must be because your comments were in reply to this verse.

Danoh

Paul Sadler, the President of the Berean Bible Society and one of the chief spokesmen of the Neo-MAD view, says that salvation according to the gospel of circumcision could not be achieved apart from "works":

"We should add that the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the kingdom are inseparably bound together. Both are based upon a 'performance system.' It is this program and message that James was laboring under when he wrote his epistle...How often James must have heard one of his countrymen say, 'I believe in God.' But James observed that there were no fruits in his life that substantiated his claim, which was essential under the gospel of the circumcision" [emphasis added] (Sadler, "Studies in the Epistle of James", The Berean Searchlight, January, 2006, p.8-9).​

Pastor Sadler continues, writing that "According to James, Abraham served as a 'pattern' to the circumcision that faith and works were 'required' for salvation under their program" [emphasis added] (Ibid., p.10).

Hoow can that be said since we read here that those who believe are saved:

That verse says that all who "believe" are saved but those in the Neo-MAD camp say the the Jews who lived under the Law could have "faith" but they are not saved unless they do works.

Every time I bring John 3:16 up to the Neo-MADs I never get an answer. They refuse to give their interpretation of the meaning of that verse.

They say that they follow Paul but the certainly do not follow him when he says that he "kept back nothing that was profitable unto you" and "I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God" (Acts 20:20, 27).

Will they continue to run and hide from John 3:16 or will they finally give their interpretation of the meaning of the verse?:

Psst, Jerry, over here... no, not in the mirror; that's just your narcissism - over here...

...the passages say follow Paul as he followed Christ - not - follow Jerry as he demands everyone do...

Ok. I'm done; you can go back to looking at yourself in the mirror, o neurotic one...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Again, you seem to be arguing that those who believe can perish despite what is said here?:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).

Is that what you are arguing? It must be because your comments were in reply to this verse.

jerry, i think you make too much sense and speak too plainly for some folks here. you ask good questions, simple questions and seemingly get answers to everything BUT your questions - keep trying ! :box:

Danoh

jerry, i think you make too much sense and speak too plainly for some folks here. you ask good questions, simple questions and seemingly get answers to everything BUT your questions - keep trying ! :box:

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Plenty of us have a view we know both how to more than adequately present as well as defend.

That is not the issue. The issue is that the fool insists he alone is right, is unable to prove such is the case without twisting passages or cherry picking translation, and all the other tricks of his kinds charade, but insists he is right no matter what passages are presented to him.

As a result, the issue is why bother with this buffoon, other than to call a spade a spade.

Because the issue for him is that one not only agree with his view alone and fully, but that one acknowledge that he is right and that there is no other view but his.

I saw this almost from the first time I agreed with him on one thing. He attempted to drag out why I agreed with and how specifically.

I also saw this the moment I did not agree with him. Then I remembered running across this conniving approach of his on other forums years ago.

For years now, he has made it his sneaky practice to insert his insistence into any subject, and it is always the same issues he wants to prove to one and all that he alone is right about.

He is ever insisting people turn their focus from some other topic to his.

You do not know what you are talking about, as to this buffoon, Patrick. That you have not seen this about him, well, that does not speak well for your ability to see what is actually in front of you.

But, take heart, you have made the blow hard happy.

To your soon regret, mark my words.

Jerry Shugart

To your soon regret, mark my words.

What are you going to do?

The same thing that you did to me?

Start calling him all kinds of ugly names and start stalking him?

You certainly will not be giving us your interpretation of the meaning of these words:

It is obvious that you want to talk about anything and everything other than the subject of this thread. Go find someone else to bully around!

way 2 go

Saul never attained salvation

1Sa 15:11 "I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned back from following me and has not performed my commandments."

1Sa 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul

Danoh

What are you going to do?

The same thing that you did to me?

Start calling him all kinds of ugly names and start stalking him?

You certainly will not be giving us your interpretation of the meaning of these words:

It is obvious that you want to talk about anything and everything other than the subject of this thread. Go find someone else to bully around!

The level of your self-delusion is short of amazing; the insistent, stalking bully for decades now, asserting he is the one being stalked and bullied.

By the way, just about your every post - insistent, ever pestering others to agree with your view - is in violation of this forum's rules:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86682

glorydaz

The level of your self-delusion is short of amazing; the insistent, stalking bully for decades now, asserting he is the one being stalked and bullied.

By the way, just about your every post - insistent, ever pestering others to agree with your view - is in violation of this forum's rules:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86682

He is a stalking bully if I've even seen one. And he's large and in charge as he goes about it. :DK:

Jerry Shugart

Why did you even come on this thread since you had no intention of giving your interpretation of the meaning of John 3:16?

Of course you feel like you must attack me in the hope that no one will notice that none of those in the Neo-MAD camp have even attempted to answer John 3:16.

What we see is a group of people who claim to be the most spiritually enlightened of all the people on this forum but at the same time they are unable to even attempt to address John 3:16!

Shameful!

This is about the most pitiful thing I have ever seen!

Jerry Shugart

Saul never attained salvation

1Sa 15:11 "I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned back from following me and has not performed my commandments."

1Sa 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul

Then why did you come on this thread in the first place? This thread is strictly in regard to those who are saved:

Danoh

Why did you even come on this thread since you had no intention of giving your interpretation of the meaning of John 3:16?

Of course you feel like you must attack me in the hope that no one will notice that none of those in the Neo-MAD camp have even attempted to answer John 3:16.

What we see is a group of people who claim to be the most spiritually enlightened of all the people on this forum but at the same time they are unable to even attempt to address John 3:16!

Shameful!

This is about the most pitiful thing I have ever seen!

No, clueless one - it is you they are avoiding, not the issues.

I can' t blame them - you are simply caustic.

Ask around, fool. Do that - take a poll on yourself - watch your glass darkly shatter to reveal your "Dorian Grey."

Jerry Shugart

No, clueless one - it is you they are avoiding, not the issues.

I can' t blame them - you are simply caustic.

Why are you not avoiding me since I am caustic?

I remember now. You are here to makes excuses why those in the Neo-MAD community do not even attempt to give their interpretation of the meaning of John 3:16!

You are no good for interpreting the meaning of this verse but you are good for making excuses!

Actually, this is just one of the many verses which are caustic to the false teaching of those in the Neo-MAD camp who teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

way 2 go

Then why did you come on this thread in the first place? This thread is strictly in regard to those who are saved:

you have a really weird way of interpreting the bible

saying that Saul believed in Jesus Christ
when Jesus had not been born yet

saying Saul was saved when he was an enemy of God

1Sa 28:15 Then Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" Saul answered, "I am in great distress, for the Philistines are warring against me, and God has turned away from me and answers me no more, either by prophets or by dreams. Therefore I have summoned you to tell me what I shall do.
1Sa 28:16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has turned from you and become your enemy?

choofed.gif