Why We Are Justified by Faith Alone

Jerry Shugart

Paul is talking about the old law in Romans. The old law can save no one, that's why Christ had to die.

Gal. 2:21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

He is also talking about the Gentiles, who did not have the law, but instead had the law written in their hearts, the law of which one's conscience bears witness (Ro.2:14-15).

And if a person does not believe the gospel of grace he will be judged in that way. But those who believe no longer are judged by law:

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth"
(Ro.10:4).​

Are you sure that you are believing the gospel of grace which declares that all who believe receive the righteousness which is of God?:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is revealed, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

This righteousness which is of God comes to all who believe. Do you think that believing is not enough?

If you do you are not believing the gospel of grace.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
He is also talking about the Gentiles, who did not have the law, but instead had the law written in their hearts, the law of which one's conscience bears witness (Ro.2:14-15).

And if a person does not believe the gospel of grace he will be judged in that way. But those who believe no longer are judged by law:

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth"
(Ro.10:4).​

Are you sure that you are believing the gospel of grace which declares that all who believe receive the righteousness which is of God?:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is revealed, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

This righteousness which is of God comes to all who believe. Do you think that believing is not enough?

If you do you are not believing the gospel of grace.

The reason that salvation is by faith alone is because salvation is by Christ alone.

Good comment, Jerry.

beloved57

The reason that salvation is by faith alone is because salvation is by Christ alone.

Good comment, Jerry.

You say that Salvation is by Christ alone, then deny it by teaching that sinners Christ died for wind up lost in their sins anyways. Thats a contradiction !

Robert Pate

Banned
You say that Salvation is by Christ alone, then deny it by teaching that sinners Christ died for wind up lost in their sins anyways. Thats a contradiction !

You are nothing but a false accuser. You cannot refute what I say because your Calvinist God is a fraud.

Robert Pate

Banned
Surely you were Chosen to it Brother 2 Thess. 2:13!

~~~

I thought you said that you were predestinated. Now you are quoting scripture that says... "When you received the word of God which you heard of us" (which is the Gospel) I don't think that you know what you believe. You try to mix Calvinism in with God's word, but it won't mix.

beloved57

Because you have renounced the God of the Bible and have embraced the God of Calvinism you are void of the Holy Spirit who is the revealer of truth.

You deny Jesus death alone saved them He died for, thats blasphemy #1 then you teach salvation by the works of the law #2. You want me to believe the Spirit of God led you to those lies ?

Nanja

I thought you said that you were predestinated. Now you are quoting scripture that says... "When you received the word of God which you heard of us" (which is the Gospel) I don't think that you know what you believe. You try to mix Calvinism in with God's word, but it won't mix.

"A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." -John 3:27

Believing the Truth is evidence of being a partaker of the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit given in New Birth.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
"A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." -John 3:27

Believing the Truth is evidence of being a partaker of the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit given in New Birth.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

~~~

God has chosen the whole world to be saved through Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9.

Of course your Calvinist God will not allow you to believe Hebrews 2:9.

Nanja

God has chosen the whole world to be saved through Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9.

Of course your Calvinist God will not allow you to believe Hebrews 2:9.

It's the scriptures themselves, God's Words, which clearly show that it was not God's Will to Save all of humanity, but He has reserved some to condemnation in the Lake of Fire Rev. 21:8, that's why they shall never believe on Him John 3:18,36; Prov. 16:4

So the "every man" then that that Christ tasted death for Heb. 2:9 is exclusive to every member of His Body, the People Chosen In Union with Him before the foundation, predestined to be become the Children of God Eph. 1:4-5!

Heb. 2:13-14
And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

~~~