Why the Righteous Man Does Not Need Rules, Laws or Religion, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Is it true that if you keep the Law you are not under it?

If you try to keep the law, which is impossible. You are under it and will be judged by it and condemned.

This is why Paul said, "The just (justified) shall live by faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by laws and rules is evidence that you don't have faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you try to keep the law, which is impossible. You are under it and will be judged by it and condemned.

Living by laws and rules is evidence that you don't have faith in Christ and his Gospel.

If you do not break the law you are judged for nothing in keeping it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
how can you be obedient without obeying Jesus' law?

Today is Aviv 10. I am in Tacoma, Washington.

I obey Jesus but I don't know besides His instruction, teaching, that He has a law. There is indeed something called the law of Christ. It is to bear one another's burdens. That is how we fulfill it.

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Today is Aviv 10. I am in Tacoma, Washington.

I obey Jesus but I don't know besides His instruction, teaching, that He has a law. There is indeed something called the law of Christ. It is to bear one another's burdens. That is how we fulfill it.

Shalom.

Jacob

So you are contradicting your self by saying
You cannot be saved by the works of the law, whatever they are.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, so now you attempt to obey Jesus when He walked in the flesh, and IGNORE what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul?

I am in Tacoma, Washington. Today is Aviv 10.

No. I discovered that Paul did not speak against the Law. But I chose to obey Jesus where I had been prevented by Pauline doctrines or the doctrines of men contrary to scripture and Paul's own written word and those writings or scriptures that reveal him to us. I can say that I do not know what you are talking about however. Your terms or terminology.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So you are contradicting your self by saying

No. There are works and there are good works and there are works of the law. We have to seek an understanding of each of these whenever we find these words in scripture. No one is saved by works of any kind. Or, no one is saved by the works of the law whatever they are.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No. There are works and there are good works and there are works of the law. We have to seek an understanding of each of these whenever we find these words in scripture. No one is saved by works of any kind. Or, no one is saved by the works of the law whatever they are.

You are making simple gospel so complicated, Jacob.

There is no need for that, in fact, it is harmful because it confuses the hearers.

JonahofAkron

Oh, so now you attempt to obey Jesus when He walked in the flesh, and IGNORE what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul?
Is it an accurate revelation if it contradicts the Messiah's word? I'm not saying Paul isn't to be believed, but I do think there is an interpretation that harmonizes what both say.

Last edited:

JonahofAkron

Messiah told us to keep His commands. How are those not rules or laws?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.