ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I am not personally attacking people instead of defending God’s truth.
Yes you are! You are doing EXACTLY that!
I show you what God’s Word plainly says, but you do not want it, you want what your denomination teaches.
'Same to you.

So far I have you ignoring or explaining away John 8:11 and John 14:12.
I wonder how many other scriptures you conveniently don't believe . . .
You do not believe Jesus.
Yet you say: "I am not personally attacking people instead of defending God’s truth." :crackup:
I can prove it easily. Do you call your brothers ‘father’? Do you bow to the works of your hands? Do you pray to others beside Jesus?

You do not want God’s truth
Yet you say: "I am not personally attacking people instead of defending God’s truth." :crackup:
, you want the Catholic denomination’s truth.

You did not watch your life and your doctrines closely.

1 Timothy 4:6 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
Yet you say: "I am not personally attacking people instead of defending God’s truth." :crackup: :rotfl:
You are even delusional about the signs and wonders you claim are going on.
God testified to what Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles said during the laying of the foundation. The foundation has been laid. The testimony has been given.

Hebrews 2:4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3
So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.
"I am not personally attacking people instead of defending God’s truth." :crackup:

God's Truth

So you do not believe in miracles.

Oh.

:sleep:

I do.

I know God does things today and everyday.

However, God testified to what Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles said during the laying of the foundation.

Do you love God's Truth, or do you love to hear about one of your statues crying?

Make up your mind.

Is it God's Truth that you want, or the Catholic religion's truth.

God's Truth

Yes you are! You are doing EXACTLY that!
No, I am speaking about doctrines.

'Same to you.

So far I have you ignoring or explaining away John 8:11 and John 14:12.
I wonder how many other scriptures you conveniently don't believe . . .
I believe all of God’s Word.

Yet you say: "I am not personally attacking people instead of defending God’s truth."
I am speaking against false doctrines. People here are personally attacking.
Yet you say: "I am not personally attacking people instead of defending God’s truth."

That is right.

God's Truth

I will be happy to join you there
and
we can bicker as much as you would like
but
at least we will not be ruining good threads

I understand you are sad that I say things against the church that you love; however, the church that you love goes against God's Word, and it goes against me.

Cruciform

I understand you are sad that I say things against the church that you love; however, the church that you love goes against God's Word, and it goes against me.
Rather, the Church goes against GT's preferred interpretations of God's Word---BIG difference there.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

God's Truth

Rather, the Church goes against GT's preferred interpretations of God's Word---BIG difference there.

I can prove to you easily that you do not obey God.

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Tell me how the Catholics obey that teaching.

Micah 5:13 I will destroy your idols and your sacred stones from among you; you will no longer bow down to the work of your hands.

Tell me how the Catholics obey that.

Cruciform

I can prove to you easily that you do not obey God.

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Tell me how the Catholics obey that teaching.
Like this and this.

Micah 5:13 I will destroy your idols and your sacred stones from among you; you will no longer bow down to the work of your hands. Tell me how the Catholics obey that.
Like this and this.

I already answered both of your questions in an earlier post. Guess you missed it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

DAN P

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Hi , Cruciform , maybe you will say How the Thief on the Cross was Saved and THAN escaped PURGATORY ??

Advise us as you advised Richgold ??

He left Protestantism for WHAT ??

He has left a Positive in Eph 3:9 for a Negative in PURGATORY ??

Probably mis-understood the word MYSTERY , I believe ??

Maybe he will say HOW HE WAS SAVED ??

DAN P

God's Truth

What do you think about Mark 16:17-18?
OK.

I have already explained those scriptures to you more than once.

During the laying of the foundation, God confirmed the message that was spoken by Jesus, and the apostles. God bore witness to the Message by permitting them to do signs and miracles.

Acts 14:3 Yet Paul and Barnabas remained there for a considerable time, speaking freely and relying on the Lord, while He bore witness to the Message of His grace by permitting signs and marvels to be done by them.

The foundation has been laid. The Message has been confirmed and testified to by God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have already explained those scriptures to you more than once.

During the laying of the foundation, God confirmed the message that was spoken by Jesus, and the apostles. God bore witness to the Message by permitting them to do signs and miracles.

Acts 14:3 Yet Paul and Barnabas remained there for a considerable time, speaking freely and relying on the Lord, while He bore witness to the Message of His grace by permitting signs and marvels to be done by them.

The foundation has been laid. The Message has been confirmed and testified to by God.
Your argument is exceedingly weak. You need to provide positive evidence that miracles have ceased, but you keep showing me that miracles occurred through the first generation church. I already know that.

The plainest reading of Jesus' clear word is that miracles will accompany believers, not just Apostles. You go against Jesus' clear word.

Aimiel

Paul said we ought to covet to prophesy. I do. It's one of the greatest of the knowledge gifts. Anyone who yields themselves to Him can prophesy, as He wills.

God's Truth

Your argument is exceedingly weak.

You are calling God's Truth 'weak'.

I gave you scripture, but you reject it.

You need to provide positive evidence that miracles have ceased, but you keep showing me that miracles occurred through the first generation church. I already know that.

Paul and the other apostles were still laying the foundation.

Not only that, God can make anything He wants to happen. However, God is not testifying to the Message as He did when the foundation was being laid. God ALREADY testified to it, and the foundation has been laid a long time ago.

The plainest reading of Jesus' clear word is that miracles will accompany believers, not just Apostles. You go against Jesus' clear word.

You have not been giving sight to the blind. You have not been healing paralytics. You have not been raising the dead; neither have any of your popes.

Your popes have added new things to God's Word, and God did not testify with signs and miracles to what they say---because what they say is not of God.

God's Truth

Paul said we ought to covet to prophesy. I do. It's one of the greatest of the knowledge gifts. Anyone who yields themselves to Him can prophesy, as He wills.

How do you think your 'prophesy' has helped anyone?

We have God's word.

Who needs your prophesy?

I have been Evangelical Protestant most of my life, even spending some time living in a fulltime religious community.

The more I researched the origin of the bible and the history of my faith, the more I discovered the Catholic Church.

I am taking steps towards joining the Catholic Church and my question is this....'Why shouldn't I?'

I am not asking because I doubt my journey, I am asking because I haven't come across a good enough reason NOT to join.

Each side, for and against may debate, I look forward to reading each side's responses.

So, why shouldn't I convert to the Catholic Church?

I converted from Roman Catholicism to Paganism, then a decade later, a Fundamentalist Christian. There are many good RC posting here. My post is not aimed at them. But there are some who elevate the church traditions, non-Biblical teachings, and the pope above God. That is idolatry. You should take no part in that.

I have no doubt I will meet many Catholics in Heaven, but they might be surprised to see me.