ECT Why should we belive your sect?? Your fruits are rotten my friend.

HisServant

The Gospel of Matthew was written in Aramaic by all accounts and this is what Jesus says regarding the same term He addresses with Peter.

"If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector. "

Since Jesus had already established Peter as the head of this church we can assume that not only was it a community but that it had a hierarchy.

"And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

This is an unfortunate truth of any church but from my own experience even more pronounced in the Protestant Churches I have attended. I think this is more pronounced in denominations where they subjugate the Word of God to cults of the person or community or of an attempt to create disunion in the Body of Christ. Nonetheless, we were called by Christ to be part of His church and His reasons are always good and logical. One clear example is that weak people need to be around real disciples. Also, the great thing about the Catholic Church is we de not elevate anyone above the Gospel or doctrine, priest pope anyone.

I have experienced this as well. Worse is when the pastor lives better than the majority of the church members. Fortunately, in the Catholic church not fixed amount of money is required nor any personal time spent, other than mass. We understand how sacred and important the family is to God.

Amen to that.

So much wrong here... Peter was never made head of the church. His confession that Jesus was the Messiah was, and it is that confession that is required by everyone that is joined to the ekklesia.

The RCC places so much emphasis on that single verse to prove its legitimacy, yet that verse only appears in one of four Gospels.. so it obviously wasn't all that important to God.

As far as the doctrines and dogmas' of your church... if there are any similarities to what Jesus taught, they are just coincidences. All of your sacraments, priests, etc.. all have roots in pre-christian Rome and Jesus and the apostles would be horrified by them.

If you truly were a Christian, what denomination you belong to is if no consequence... because they are all corrupt institutions of men and belonging to them will corrupt you.

As far as not elevating people above the Gospel... your satanistic leader (the pope) is coming to Philadelphia later this summer and I have never heard so much sucking up on local TV in my entire life.

Sancocho

So much wrong here... Peter was never made head of the church. His confession that Jesus was the Messiah was, and it is that confession that is required by everyone that is joined to the ekklesia.

The RCC places so much emphasis on that single verse to prove its legitimacy, yet that verse only appears in one of four Gospels.. so it obviously wasn't all that important to God.

As far as the doctrines and dogmas' of your church... if there are any similarities to what Jesus taught, they are just coincidences. All of your sacraments, priests, etc.. all have roots in pre-christian Rome and Jesus and the apostles would be horrified by them.

If you truly were a Christian, what denomination you belong to is if no consequence... because they are all corrupt institutions of men and belonging to them will corrupt you.

As far as not elevating people above the Gospel... your satanistic leader (the pope) is coming to Philadelphia later this summer and I have never heard so much sucking up on local TV in my entire life.

I have heard all the propaganda as I was a member of a couple of Protestant churches and was even baptized there. Nonetheless, after researching all claims about the Catholic church and seeing first hand the problems in the Protestant churches it was any easy decision. Granted as a graduate engineer who did research and has worked in the environmental sector I have made my living doing research, which is easy now more than ever. I have heard it all and researched it all to. the Protestant arguments are all over the place and constantly conflict themselves. For example those that claim Sola Scripture than deny veneration of the Virgin Mary undermine their own argument because Luther venerated Mary. Then there are those that re-write history and claim Constantinople formed church doctrine thus eliminating the RCC from the Body of Christ but since there was no one else around at the time they too eliminate themselves from the branch because they eliminate Martin Luther, who was Catholic. Some of the latter even claim sola scriptura believe it or not! As someone who has spent their life doing investigation it boggles my mind that there so many Protestants don't even know where they got their beliefs from.

Furthermore, only Protestants that can have any logical claim to the lineage of Peter are the Lutherans and their direct derivatives, but a quick review of their doctrine and where they flourish show they are apparently ambivalent about homosexuality and abortion, both of which God abhors because they destroy the family and hurt children. It is no wonder where these religions flourish that they have the highest homicide rates in the world. We are known by our fruits.

HisServant

I have heard all the propaganda as I was a member of a couple of Protestant churches and was even baptized there. Nonetheless, after researching all claims about the Catholic church and seeing first hand the problems in the Protestant churches it was any easy decision. Granted as a graduate engineer who did research and has worked in the environmental sector I have made my living doing research, which is easy now more than ever. I have heard it all and researched it all to. the Protestant arguments are all over the place and constantly conflict themselves. For example those that claim Sola Scripture than deny veneration of the Virgin Mary undermine their own argument because Luther venerated Mary. Then there are those that re-write history and claim Constantinople formed church doctrine thus eliminating the RCC from the Body of Christ but since there was no one else around at the time they too eliminate themselves from the branch because they eliminate Martin Luther, who was Catholic. Some of the latter even claim sola scriptura believe it or not! As someone who has spent their life doing investigation it boggles my mind that there so many Protestants don't even know where they got their beliefs from.

Furthermore, only Protestants that can have any logical claim to the lineage of Peter are the Lutherans and their direct derivatives, but a quick review of their doctrine and where they flourish show they are apparently ambivalent about homosexuality and abortion, both of which God abhors because they destroy the family and hurt children. It is no wonder where these religions flourish that they have the highest homicide rates in the world. We are known by our fruits.

So you admit you are into the RCC because of its lifestyle and morals first... any bad doctrine is justified if the means justify the ends?

FYI, the New Testament is very ANTI family.... why is your church so PRO family?... I just don't get it.

Seriously, the New Testament is very ANTI family. It encourages you to stay single if possible... it complains that those that get married and have families spend too much time on them and not enough time on the church. It limits elders to a single wife so they are not consumed by family matters and can spend the proper time with the congregation, etc.

I just don't get it.... why the emphasis on family?...

Why the emphasis on conduct of non church members?.. the RCC does not rule the world (even though it has tried to through the centuries).

Sancocho

So you admit you are into the RCC because of its lifestyle and morals first... any bad doctrine is justified if the means justify the ends?

FYI, the New Testament is very ANTI family.... why is your church so PRO family?... I just don't get it.

Seriously, the New Testament is very ANTI family. It encourages you to stay single if possible... it complains that those that get married and have families spend too much time on them and not enough time on the church. It limits elders to a single wife so they are not consumed by family matters and can spend the proper time with the congregation, etc.

Why the emphasis on conduct of non church members?.. the RCC does not rule the world (even though it has tried to through the centuries).

I am into the RCC because I have investigated all the other denominations FREELY and it is the only one that doesn't have holes mile wide in their history and theology.

Also, God created the family for a purpose, and you nor I would be here w/o it.

As far as my concern for non church members, they can do what they want but it would be pure cowardice to stay silent while they murder children or confuse them and do their best to destroy the Body of Christ.

everready

I am into the RCC because I have investigated all the other denominations FREELY and it is the only one that doesn't have holes mile wide in their history and theology.

As far as my concern for non church members, they can do what they want but it would be pure cowardice to stay silent while they murder children or confuse them and do their best to destroy the Body of Christ.

No holes in their history and theology?

everready

rougueone

The RCC does RULE the world. It has for centuries. And will to the end. The Inquisitions II are coming.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You not only hate the U.S. you hate truth as well.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
The RCC does RULE the world. It has for centuries. And will to the end. The Inquisitions II are coming.

Oh God! Please, please not another made up traditions. we're running out of trees to list them on paper. Stop causing the global warming with your useless junk. We have enough bibles for you, already, but you let dust collect on them and follow popie.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Pardon me from what I have noticed is that all Christian churches have their mishaps and mistakes. Unfortunately the Catholic Church gets the most bad press of all others combined.

"Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government's discovery of the much larger — and ongoing — abuse scandal in public schools."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/

In other words it certainly is easy to criticize and thus infer membership to a denomination that is superior in it's ability to prevent sin and wrongdoing in it's ranks. Nonetheless, doing this or worse not being part of a community is nothing more than holding oneself to a different standard than with others, which is not correct. It also has the added effect of breaking up the Body of Christ which is clearly evidenced by the millions of Americans that have left Protestant churches because of problems.

Finally, a Christian that follows the Gospel, elegant in it's simplicity shouldn't need worry about other's opinion's of them. However, when there are discombobulated versions that require 100 verses for a simple interpretation, I suppose one could get confused about what is the correct interpretation.
I agree, all Christian churches have their problems. Some are worse than others. The RCC, being the oldest, currently has the most egregious problems. "Venerating" Mary. Purgatory. Indulgences. Placeing the church and Mary into Christ's work of salvation. No church is perfect, but some are closer.

Sancocho

I agree, all Christian churches have their problems. Some are worse than others. The RCC, being the oldest, currently has the most egregious problems. "Venerating" Mary. Purgatory. Indulgences. Placeing the church and Mary into Christ's work of salvation. No church is perfect, but some are closer.

Interestingly not only do many Protestants don't have complete facts they are still criticizing the church over obsolete policies they had hundreds of years ago. As someone who attended Protestant churches and did all the research it boggles my mind that in the internet age people can't be bothered to do tis. Would it because of fear of finding out something they don't want to know? Or a driving hate that overwhelms there love of Christ and search of the Truth?

HisServant

Interestingly not only do many Protestants don't have complete facts they are still criticizing the church over obsolete policies they had hundreds of years ago. As someone who attended Protestant churches and did all the research it boggles my mind that in the internet age people can't be bothered to do tis. Would it because of fear of finding out something they don't want to know? Or a driving hate that overwhelms there love of Christ and search of the Truth?

Anyone who does honest research understands fully that the RCC is a fraud.. and always has been.

It was created in the 3rd century by the Roman Empire by converting their pagan temples and priests into churches and priests... its sacriments are straight out of Mithraism.. and it has no historical claim to apostolic succession.

The fact is that Rome is under a perpetual curse from God for occupying Israel... Rome is an impostor... a wannabe.

Obviously, you need to go back to the drawing board and actually study your church... there are historical and doctrinal gaps that you can fly airbuses though.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

I was born and raised catholic. The Marian doctrines are alive and driving the RCC. Purgatory is taught. Cruciform loves to point out that salvation comes through Mary and the RCC. Only indulgences are not widely taught but it is still official church doctrine.

I was raised with the dogmas and went to all the catechism classes. When I compared what they taught me with what the bible actually says, I had no choice but to leave the RCC.

Sancocho

Anyone who does honest research understands fully that the RCC is a fraud.. and always has been.

It was created in the 3rd century by the Roman Empire by converting their pagan temples and priests into churches and priests... its sacriments are straight out of Mithraism.. and it has no historical claim to apostolic succession.

The fact is that Rome is under a perpetual curse from God for occupying Israel... Rome is an impostor... a wannabe.

Obviously, you need to go back to the drawing board and actually study your church... there are historical and doctrinal gaps that you can fly airbuses though.

I have been through all the arguments and in forums. In person no one has been able to refute my arguments. In fact I know my Bible better than most Protestants and the most vocal opponents of the CC will not speak to me about the Bible. What are they afraid of?. On the forums though people make claim and then disappear generally.

whitestone

I have been through all the arguments and in forums. In person no one has been able to refute my arguments. In fact I know my Bible better than most Protestants and the most vocal opponents of the CC will not speak to me about the Bible. What are they afraid of?. On the forums though people make claim and then disappear generally.

off the top of your head(without researching it/meaning quickly!),,,,what was Mary the mother of Christ response to the letter written to her by Ignatious,,,,,,,,,,,shouldn't take but a few minutes to respond,,,

Truster

It seems like anyone and everyone can create a Christian denomination anymore. Plethoras of threads with individual posts that reference multitudes of Scripture to convince us that simple language is complicated. When challenged as to the origin of such a fabricated and illogic interpretations one finds out more often that not that the author belongs to no denomination or that to one that has sowed nothing but exclusivism.

My advice to my fellow worshipers of the man and God Christ is to look at their fruits. For many of the "non-denominationers" their fruit is the attempted destruction of Christ's Body while the other party's putridity reeks from miles away.

Rather, look at what was important to Christ, like innocent human life, children and loving others without embracing their sins and decide for yourself. Remember, words can mislead but fruits never can.

''upon this rock I will build my ecclesia; and the gates of hades shall not prevail against it''.

Based on the veiled insinuation in the OP please tell me which part of this verse do you have difficulty understanding? Trusting?

whitestone

off the top of your head(without researching it/meaning quickly!),,,,what was Mary the mother of Christ response to the letter written to her by Ignatious,,,,,,,,,,,shouldn't take but a few minutes to respond,,,

tell us,,,,, in A.H. who did Irenaeus say "changed the iota and eta?",,,simple things a Catholic would know

whitestone

Mary told him that what he had heard was true and to hold to it,,,Valentinus changed the iota and eta,,,John never answered Ignatious(that we know of),,,and Clement wrote to the Corinthians because they removed their bishop,deacons ect. because they wouldn't let them do the things they wanted,,,,just thought I would "quickly" give you the answers to simple things Catholics are taught,,