ECT Why should we belive your sect?? Your fruits are rotten my friend.

Sancocho

Why would you consider that a fruit of the Spirit? That's just fruity.

Look at my signature, it is the scripture that discusses the fruits of the Spirit. That is the measure I use for myself. Some days I do fairly well, other days, not so much.

With all due respect I asked you to demonstrate the fruits of your denomination and a criticism of a supposed rogue denomination was your response, so this is a logical assumption.

At any rate please tell us about your denomination.

HisServant

It is true we are judged on an individual basis but Jesus warned the Jews of being like the Pharisees, who were a group. At any rate you claim fruits are on an individual basis but then talk about the supposed rotten fruits of the Catholic Church, thus nullifying your claim that it is only on an individual basis.

Continuing with the theme that fruits are a group basis you have some valid concerns and have identified three areas: murder, theft and sexual abuse. Given the nature of all men to fail and commit errors it follows subsequently that groups of individuals will reflect this as well. Therefore, please identify your denomination so that a comparison can be made of fruits, or rotten ones, as needed.

I don't belong to a denomination... gasp.

If I had to identify with one it would be the old RPCES which merged with the PCA.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
With all due respect I asked you to demonstrate the fruits of your denomination and a criticism of a supposed rogue denomination was your response, so this is a logical assumption.

At any rate please tell us about your denomination.
Fruits of the Spirit are not given to denominations, Fruits of the Spirit are found in individuals. Jesus taught exactly that in Matthew 25. The Fruits manifest themselves in our lives by virtue of our relationship with Christ, not because of what church we choose to attend. Read Matthew 25 closely several times. Let what Jesus said to the sheep and the goats sink in.

Sancocho

I don't belong to a denomination... gasp.

If I had to identify with one it would be the old RPCES which merged with the PCA.

A denomination is nothing more than an autonomous Christian group with it's own set of doctrine, but there is no reason to limit it to two or more persons.

I admit being free of any denomination has it's advantages in that one does not have to respond for the sin of others. Nonetheless, please talk about the fruits in your life. From what I can see on this forum you main m.o. is to point out supposed doctrinal weakness, which is interesting given that you don't even have your own doctrine formulated (correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, based on the measure Jesus established what are your fruits?

Sancocho

Fruits of the Spirit are not given to denominations, Fruits of the Spirit are found in individuals. Jesus taught exactly that in Matthew 25. The Fruits manifest themselves in our lives by virtue of our relationship with Christ, not because of what church we choose to attend. Read Matthew 25 closely several times. Let what Jesus said to the sheep and the goats sink in.

Jesus was not talking about the fruits of the Spirit when He was referring to rotten fruit or the Pharisees:

Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit.

Please therefore explain your denominations fruits.

HisServant

A denomination is nothing more than an autonomous Christian group with it's own set of doctrine, but there is no reason to limit it to two or more persons.

I admit being free of any denomination has it's advantages in that one does not have to respond for the sin of others. Nonetheless, please talk about the fruits in your life. From what I can see on this forum you main m.o. is to point out supposed doctrinal weakness, which is interesting given that you don't even have your own doctrine formulated (correct me if I am wrong). Therefore, based on the measure Jesus established what are your fruits?

My fruits are treating my neighbors as myself... volunteering at every opportunity I can, helping others as time allows and expecting nothing in return... ever.

I used to do short term mission trips (Cuba, Dominican Republic and Phillipi, W VA along with helping an inner city church down in Philly from time to time.

Your mission field is all around you... make the best of every opportunity God places before you.

I highly feel that it is more important to be as good a role model as you can and hopefully have people ask why you act like you do as the best possible witness we can have for Christ.

Another reason I don't tend to talk about these things is that I deserve nothing for them.. it is God that enables me.. and he deserves the credit.

Anyhow, there is so much more you can accomplish as a Christian rather than just occupying a pew on Sunday morning... go find a homeless person and give them a meal. Go to that widow down the streets house and mow her lawn and rake her leaves if necessary and ask if she needs help with anything else.

Get involved in your local community and try and get some parks created so that youth have a place to go... organize activities and show God's love by giving of yourself and witness if the opportunity presents itself. Pick up trash, do some weeding, find some kids to have a catch with... pick up dog poop left by inconsiderate people.

You must love your fellow human as yourself, love God above all... sitting in a pew on Sunday hearing some kind of psychology lesson backed vaguely by scripture is not edifying at all.

Sancocho

My fruits are treating my neighbors as myself... volunteering at every opportunity I can, helping others as time allows and expecting nothing in return... ever.

I used to do short term mission trips (Cuba, Dominican Republic and Phillipi, W VA along with helping an inner city church down in Philly from time to time.

Your mission field is all around you... make the best of every opportunity God places before you.

I highly feel that it is more important to be as good a role model as you can and hopefully have people ask why you act like you do as the best possible witness we can have for Christ.

Another reason I don't tend to talk about these things is that I deserve nothing for them.. it is God that enables me.. and he deserves the credit.

Anyhow, there is so much more you can accomplish as a Christian rather than just occupying a pew on Sunday morning... go find a homeless person and give them a meal. Go to that widow down the streets house and mow her lawn and rake her leaves if necessary and ask if she needs help with anything else.

Get involved in your local community and try and get some parks created so that youth have a place to go... organize activities and show God's love by giving of yourself and witness if the opportunity presents itself. Pick up trash, do some weeding, find some kids to have a catch with... pick up dog poop left by inconsiderate people.

These are certainly good fruits. If anything I would say your lack of building up the church and remaining part of the church community is a weakness. The danger of this is causing others to leave the church community (not just the RCC). Community is important to God, as is clear throughout the Bible. We don't arrive here on our own, but are here because of the community of two persons. Community is a lifeline for weak people as well.

Therefore, undermining the church community is undermining the plan God has for us. Yes, there are advantages to going it alone as we never have to answer for others sins, only our own. Then again there are many dangers as we are seeing in the West as the sense of community has decomposed consequently with the destruction of the family. The result of said is the creation of a new generation of youth without values. After all, since we have not made community important we cannot expect them to choose what is important for the community either with the direct result we are creating millions of individuals whose only concern is themselves. I would ask you to reconsider this stance and join an Orthodox Christian community.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Jesus was not talking about the fruits of the Spirit when He was referring to rotten fruit or the Pharisees:

Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit.

Please therefore explain your denominations fruits.

Are you attempting to imply that good fruit comes from those who do not know Jesus?

Sancocho

Are you attempting to imply that good fruit comes from those who do not know Jesus?

This thread is about fruits AS JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF TEACHES, which can be good or bad.

You apparently aren't will to discuss your denominations fruits so based on this I can only assume you have something to hide.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
This thread is about fruits AS JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF TEACHES, which can be good or bad.

You apparently aren't will to discuss your denominations fruits so based on this I can only assume you have something to hide.
I don't know how to be more clear: fruits are not of denominations, they are of people. Every denomination is made up of people who have good fruits and bad fruits. My church teaches as Jesus taught; Love God with your whole hart mind and soul and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Do you want to be cold and hungry? Then provide for the cold and hungry.
Do you want to be alone? Then be there for others.
And above all, don't do things for others because you are trying to get to heaven, you do things for others because you are already going to heaven. Did you read Matthew 25 yet?

Sancocho

I don't know how to be more clear: fruits are not of denominations, they are of people. Every denomination is made up of people who have good fruits and bad fruits. My church teaches as Jesus taught; Love God with your whole hart mind and soul and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Do you want to be cold and hungry? Then provide for the cold and hungry.
Do you want to be alone? Then be there for others.
And above all, don't do things for others because you are trying to get to heaven, you do things for others because you are already going to heaven. Did you read Matthew 25 yet?

I never stated fruits were denominations nor much less implied they were. I stated individuals as well as denominations can be judged by their fruits. This should be self evident to a person like yourself who spends a lot of posts judging other denominations "rotten fruits".

BTW, I am glad you can recognize good fruits. Nonetheless, using your measure of judging other denominations by their "rotten fruits" I have the same right to ask you about your denomination. This is only fair to be held to the same standard that one holds others.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It seems like anyone and everyone can create a Christian denomination anymore. Plethoras of threads with individual posts that reference multitudes of Scripture to convince us that simple language is complicated. When challenged as to the origin of such a fabricated and illogic interpretations one finds out more often that not that the author belongs to no denomination or that to one that has sowed nothing but exclusivism.

My advice to my fellow worshipers of the man and God Christ is to look at their fruits. For many of the "non-denominationers" their fruit is the attempted destruction of Christ's Body while the other party's putridity reeks from miles away.

Rather, look at what was important to Christ, like innocent human life, children and loving others without embracing their sins and decide for yourself. Remember, words can mislead but fruits never can.

That reminds me of the three-year-old girl who stood at the top of the stairs and found her mother in the middle of entertaining a group of other women.

"Everyone in this room 'ceptin' me is bitches," she yelled.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I never stated fruits were denominations nor much less implied they were.
You asked several times what the fruits of my denomination are. I'm sure how you can see how the pharsing of your question would reasonably lead to the response i gave.

I stated individuals as well as denominations can be judged by their fruits. This should be self evident to a person like yourself who spends a lot of posts judging other denominations "rotten fruits".
Judging or just pointing out that a particular practice is unbiblical. I guess that is a form of judgment but it is a judgment of the practice, not the person. Once a person is aware that they are doing something unbiblical then they must judge their own heart.

BTW, I am glad you can recognize good fruits. Nonetheless, using your measure of judging other denominations by their "rotten fruits" I have the same right to ask you about your denomination. This is only fair to be held to the same standard that one holds others.
Given that you never actually answered me, I guess that is the same standard I can use with your questions.

HisServant

These are certainly good fruits. If anything I would say your lack of building up the church and remaining part of the church community is a weakness. The danger of this is causing others to leave the church community (not just the RCC). Community is important to God, as is clear throughout the Bible. We don't arrive here on our own, but are here because of the community of two persons. Community is a lifeline for weak people as well.

Therefore, undermining the church community is undermining the plan God has for us. Yes, there are advantages to going it alone as we never have to answer for others sins, only our own. Then again there are many dangers as we are seeing in the West as the sense of community has decomposed consequently with the destruction of the family. The result of said is the creation of a new generation of youth without values. After all, since we have not made community important we cannot expect them to choose what is important for the community either with the direct result we are creating millions of individuals whose only concern is themselves. I would ask you to reconsider this stance and join an Orthodox Christian community.

I view a community of believers as being important... but I view actual churches as evil.

The greek word ekklesia (from which we get the word church... which is actually a poor translation) means assembly or congregation and does not refer to any hierarchy whatsoever.

Not to mention, churches attract a great amount of sycophants who don't really believe in Jesus, etc.. and are only there because they like the morals or the building or the people. They are only there to make themselves look good in front of their piers and its a good source of friends for them.

Anyhow, its nice being away from the wolves for a change and actually be able to live a real christian life. (have you ever noticed that church membership sucks away all the time that could be spent on doing stuff that actually matters to God?)... they will demand your Sundays and Wednesdays and then sometimes other days of the week with their 'programs'.. (entertainment designed to make you feel guilty and get your wallet opened). I can think of at least a dozen other institutions and people that are more deserving of the money God has enabled me to earn rather than a church of inwardly focused woe is me people.

Jesus demands that we ACT.

Sancocho

You asked several times what the fruits of my denomination are. I'm sure how you can see how the pharsing of your question would reasonably lead to the response i gave.

Judging or just pointing out that a particular practice is unbiblical. I guess that is a form of judgment but it is a judgment of the practice, not the person. Once a person is aware that they are doing something unbiblical then they must judge their own heart.

Given that you never actually answered me, I guess that is the same standard I can use with your questions.

With all due respect here are your questions:

"Why would you consider that a fruit of the Spirit?"

I believe it was obvious that you think it is your particular gift is to point out false denominations but if you say this isn't a gift what would it be?

"Are you attempting to imply that good fruit comes from those who do not know Jesus?"

I answered "This thread is about fruits AS JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF TEACHES, which can be good or bad" .

"Do you want to be cold and hungry? Then provide for the cold and hungry. Do you want to be alone? Then be there for others.
And above all, don't do things for others because you are trying to get to heaven, you do things for others because you are already going to heaven. Did you read Matthew 25 yet?"

which I responded:

I never stated fruits were denominations nor much less implied they were. I stated individuals as well as denominations can be judged by their fruits. This should be self evident to a person like yourself who spends a lot of posts judging other denominations "rotten fruits".

BTW, I am glad you can recognize good fruits.

If anyone is not answering the questions adequately it would be you. In fact your m.o. is to change the question as you deem fit in order to not have to respond.

I will repeat, I am only asking you to tell me what your denomination is and what have they done to further the Gospel other than point out the "rotten fruits" of other denominations.

Cross Reference

I don't claim to know anything on my own or to be a person of importance other than I am unique and God's creation, however, I am completely capable of using Jesus own Words to help me judge what is good and bad.

Unless you have the gift of knowledge coupled with the gift of discernment, I don't think so. Knowing the written word and having those gifts would make you unique with respect to having a relationship with God. Jesus had such a relationship and Whom we are given to be conformed.