ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Rev 6:6 KJV) And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

" because they saw they would very soon die of themselves for want of food. Many there were indeed who sold what they had for one measure; it was of wheat, if they were of the richer sort; but of barley, if they were poorer"- Josephus, Wars of the Jews, V, X, 1

I know, I know, it's just another really big coincidence.

john w

Hall of Fame
I believe them. I believe they were already fulfilled.

However, not one of those verses says that Jesus comes back bodily to planet earth.

You guys make that up in your attempt to make the Bible fit Darby's false teachings.

Made up, you clown. You assert that dispensationalism is a "false belief system," since it is "taught by fallable(sic) men"(his exact words), and he talks like a Roman, as pertaining to "end time" doctrine.

You are a closet Roman Catholic. You're in in denial.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It may help to define terms a bit. Does 'return to this planet' automatically mean 'return and restore a kingdom to Israel as found in the old covenant'?

Or does it mean 'return in judgement to do with the nations what he did to Israel, and to make a new heavens and earth.'? That's closer to 2 Pet 3, the longest and most complete explanation.

GOD's foundational words about the New Covenant are quite clear:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jer 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
Jer 31:36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
Jer 31:38 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.
Jer 31:39 And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.
Jer 31:40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
GOD's foundational words about the New Covenant are quite clear:

Yes, but why do you still deny those words?

(Heb 12:24 KJV) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

john w

Hall of Fame
Little Johnny W lies about me. He also claims I believe in a flat earth, am unemployed, divorced, bankrupted, short, bald, etc.

The admitted Catholic, spams his old reliable, "They/he lies about me....they/he misquoted me....I never said...," and I show, for 3 years, this miserable twits lies, by his own words. To wit:

1. The wimp asserts, on record, that when you discover objective truth, determines its veracity. Thus:

-He asserts that the earth is flat, as it is relatively "recent" discovery.

-He asserts that the Reformation is false, as it is a relatively "recent" discovery.

-He asserts that the LORD God's "sacred name," revealed to Moses, is false,as it is a relatively "recent" discovery.

-He asserts that the term "God the Father" is false, as it is a relatively "recent" discovery, as it was not revealed until the Lord Jesus Christ, revealed it.

-He asserts, on record, that the Saviour was not the Saviour, to anyone now saved, until that particular person came to know it. It was thus, "invented," up until that time.

On record.

2. You are unemployed, going through a divorce, your "business" went under, filing chapter 11, and you have little arms, no chin, are losing your hair, have a big wife(bigger than you),and look like a wimp, weasel/twit. You are in denial. Prove that you are not.
[

I have made it crystal clear that the only infallible man to ever walk planet earth was Christ Jesus.

No, habitual liar, you have made it clear, that you lied on that one, as you claim, on record, that for a belief system to be true, it needs to be taught by infallible men. You assert, as one of your alleged arguments, against MAD, is that it is a "false belief system," since it is taught by:

"fallable men."

The little, spineless punk's own words:

"Yes Mr. Whalen, they were fallible men who invented dispensationalism just over 150 years ago. Mr. Whalen, you might want to ask yourself why you follow the teachings of these fallible men?"-Craigie Tet.

Wow, Craigie!!! All men are fallible, so does that not make all belief systems, including yours, fallible, weasel? Show us the infallible men, that makes your AD 70-ism/Preterism, true, in contrast.

Do be a dear, you little weakling, twit. Identify these infallible men, that you claim, as part of your argument, that taught/teach AD 70-ism/Preterism, in contrast to the fallible men, that teach dispensationalism, and other belief systems.

"A secret parenthetical time period is a false theory made up by [B]fallible men[/B].”-Preterist con man Craigie

Wow, Craigie!!! All men are fallible, so does that not make all belief systems, including yours, fallible, weasel? Show us the infallible men, that makes your AD 70-ism/Preterism, true, in contrast.

Do be a dear, you little weakling, twit. Identify these infallible men, that you claim, as part of your argument, that taught/teach AD 70-ism/Preterism, in contrast to the fallible men, that teach dispensationalism, and other belief systems.

"MAD is a false non-Biblical belief system that was made up by fallable men."-Preterist Craigee Tet.

Just show us, Craigie, the infallible men that we should follow.

Craigie:

As silent as a turkey farm, on the third Thursday, of November.

He is the habitual liar, of TOL.

You deny that you have little arms, and a little chin, you effeminate wimp? Prove it, you twitty looking weasel.

You deceitful, lying punk.

And get a job, get out of your weasel hole, pay attention to your "family," instead of your sick obsession, and get some exercise, you anemic, effeminate looking weasel, and effeminate/spineless minded one.

john w

Hall of Fame
I have made it crystal clear that the only infallible man to ever walk planet earth was Christ Jesus.

Vs.

"Yes Mr. Whalen, they were fallible men who invented dispensationalism just over 150 years ago. Mr. Whalen, you might want to ask yourself why you follow the teachings of these fallible men?"-Craigie Tet.

"A secret parenthetical time period is a false theory made up by fallible men.”-Preterist con man Craigie

"MAD is a false non-Biblical belief system that was made up by fallable men."-Preterist Craigee Tet.

Not a peep from this obsessed loser.

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

Someone quote me so tet will read it. Tet. Do you follow the teachings of fallible men? If no, then you must think you don't follow the teachings of any man at all. Is that right? You subscribe to the teachings of preterism. It was established by men....not God, nor angels. You don't follow their teachings? How did you learn about preterism if you never read about it?

Are you still going to claim you don't follow the teachings of men? If so, you need to establish why we follow the teachings of men because of Darby but you don't despite reading their teachings?

Is it because MAD is traced to one man where preterism can be traced to the church fathers?

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that claim is true. What bearing does the origin of a teaching have in whether an adherent is following that man or men?

Are you saying that if a teaching is continuous back to the church fathers it means the teaching is divine in origin and those teachings that fail that test are non divine in origin?

If you say yes, please give the logic behind it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Someone quote me so tet will read it. Tet. Do you follow the teachings of fallible men? If no, then you must think you don't follow the teachings of any man at all. Is that right? You subscribe to the teachings of preterism. It was established by men....not God, nor angels. You don't follow their teachings? How did you learn about preterism if you never read about it?

Are you still going to claim you don't follow the teachings of men? If so, you need to establish why we follow the teachings of men because of Darby but you don't despite reading their teachings?

Is it because MAD is traced to one man where preterism can be traced to the church fathers?

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that claim is true. What bearing does the origin of a teaching have in whether an adherent is following that man or men?

Are you saying that if a teaching is continuous back to the church fathers it means the teaching is divine in origin and those teachings that fail that test are non divine in origin?

If you say yes, please give the logic behind it.

I, and others, have been asking him that for years, and all we get from him, is "You are a Darby follower....You are in denial....Darby.....Why can't you answer my questions?....Don't you believe the bible/'Jesus'/Paul/Peter?.....You follow the teachings of men.....You follow the teachings of fallable men....Darby...You are in denial.....All dispensationalists are Darby followers.....Darby...Bullinger....You are in denial....No men taught me, as Preterism/AD 70-ism is scripture.....Darby....No one can answer my questions....You are embarrassed...You are in denial....You really think (fill in the blank) is literal?.... Fulfilled AD 67....Fulfilled AD 70....It's not important.....Fulfilled in Christ....Darby....Not one person on TOL can answer my question...Why are you so afraid to answer my question?....Quit name calling, you dumb, mentally challenged, brainwashed, cancerous cockroaches, and quit attacking me....Darby...You are all in denial.....Darby.....I follow infallible men, such as Josephus....Darby....Read further, as Josephus says....Bertrand says.....Wikipedia says....This version says....The Greek says, although I cannot spell in English, and this non-existing 'the Greek,' says, even though I cannot read/understand/speak/write any such Greek.......Darby....Maccabees says....Darby....Josephus says....No one taught what the bible teaches, until relatively recently, so it is false....Darby....You are a Darby follower,in denial....Darby.....The dictionary says....Darby...."

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Was Abraham a Christian?

I was just wondering because, if he wasn't, there will be some people in heaven who get there without Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was Abraham a Christian?

Yes.

I was just wondering because, if he wasn't, there will be some people in heaven who get there without Christ.

Well, the Darby followers will disagree with me. They have Abraham in a different "program" than they do with Christians today.

Some Darby followers like STP and heir have 3 different "programs".

Darby followers are wrong. The Apostle Paul tells us they are wrong.

The Apostle Paul said the following:

(Eph 2:19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

(Phil 3:20) But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

As we see above, there is one citizenship and one household of God, not two or three like the Darby followers claim.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Was Abraham a Christian?

Abraham wouldn't have even known what the word 'Christian' means, yet no one will enter the presence of GOD without the work of Christ on the cross being applied to their lives for righteousness.
Abraham believed GOD according to the revelation which GOD gave him and it was credited to him for righteousness.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

One kingdom of God.

What right do you have to change earth, city, and heaven into one?

Ephesians 2:19 KJV

One household of God

One group of Saints

You're Bullingerism has three households and three groups of Saints

Bullingerism is a false teaching that is contrary to scripture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaulToPaul 2

Abraham wouldn't have even known what the word 'Christian' means, yet no one will enter the presence of GOD without the work of Christ on the cross being applied to their lives for righteousness.
Abraham believed GOD according to the revelation which GOD gave him and it was credited to him for righteousness.

Well you know, brother steko, that Abraham was a partaker of the new covenant before the old covenant was even made. You know the new precedes the old, since these are the "two covenants" discussed in Galatians. :dizzy:

SaulToPaul 2

Ephesians 2:19 KJV

One household of God

One group of Saints

You're Bullingerism has three households and three groups of Saints

Bullingerism is a false teaching that is contrary to scripture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:chuckle:

What right do you have to change earth, city, and heaven into one?

No right.