ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
THAT IS NOT THE REASON MORMONISM IS FALSE YOU STUPID TWIT!!!!

That wasn't my point.

My point was that you Darby followers keep claiming there were Christians teaching Dispensationalism before John Nelson Darby.

THERE WASN'T !!!!!!!

Dispensationalism didn't exist before 1830.

You live in denial Clete !!!!!!!

ClimateSanity

Where in the Bible does it say that you have to believe that Jesus returns bodily to planet earth in order to be a Christian?

If there isn't a resurrection, you are dead in your sins. Resurrection demands a body by definition. If your Ghost comes around haunting people, it doesn't mean you have resurrected.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fellow dispies,

Does there need to be only one more future temple? Might there be more than one?

There would have to be two more for your false teachings to work.

First you would have to have one destroyed with not one stone standing upon another, then you would have to have the one described in Ezekiel 40-48 that has Jesus sitting on a throne overseeing the animal sacrifices.

But thanks for pointing out how ridiculous Dispensationalism really is when tested with scripture.

musterion

Justification by grace through faith in Christ without works was unknown for over a thousand years until some guy in the 1500s starting spouting off about it.

Amazing how narrow the Catholic mind can be.

ClimateSanity

No, I'm just pointing out that Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults".

John Nelson Darby (Dispensationalism) was a contemporary of Joseph Smith (Mormonism), Charles Taze Russell (Jehovah's Witnesses), Ellen White (Seventh Day Adventism), and Mary Baker Eddy (Christian Science).

All of the above belief systems were invented in the mid 1800's.

Everyone has a belief system and they are "invented" daily. My belief system is not the belief system I had in 1997 when I first heard the word dispensationalism.

ClimateSanity

Justification by grace through faith in Christ without works was unknown for over a thousand years until some guy in the 1500s starting spouting off about it.

The principles upon which it was built were known and believed at various times and never all at once in a cogent, systematic way.

The same can be said for dispensationalism.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Clement (A.D. 80-140): "So all of them received honor and greatness, not through themselves or their own deeds or the right things they did, but through his will. And we, therefore, who by his will have been called in Jesus Christ, are not justified of ourselves or by our wisdom or insight of religious devotion or the holy deeds we have done from the heart, but by that faith by which almighty God has justified all men from the very beginning." - Clement, Clement's First Letter, 32.3-4

john w

Hall of Fame
That wasn't my point.

My point was that you Darby followers keep claiming there were Christians teaching Dispensationalism before John Nelson Darby.

THERE WASN'T !!!!!!!

Dispensationalism didn't exist before 1830.

You live in denial Clete !!!!!!!

Yes, there was, yes, it did. You are in denial, little arms "man."

ClimateSanity

Yes, it is and it wasn't an analogy, it was an argument that used precisely the same FORM of argument you used - the EXACT same form of argument.

THAT IS NOT THE REASON MORMONISM IS FALSE YOU STUPID TWIT!!!!

Thank you for proving my point!

Are you seriously suggesting that there is some cosmic meaning, some mystically magic significance to the year 1830? :bang:

There was great change going on in the western world philosophically in the 19 the century. It literally set the world on fire with Marxism being the most powerful idea in terms of changing things. Religion is just one facet of that. Good ideas came out of that period too. It takes a desperate mind to see things such as the philosophical explosion of the 1800's as a reason to reject an idea .

ClimateSanity

Clement (A.D. 80-140): "So all of them received honor and greatness, not through themselves or their own deeds or the right things they did, but through his will. And we, therefore, who by his will have been called in Jesus Christ, are not justified of ourselves or by our wisdom or insight of religious devotion or the holy deeds we have done from the heart, but by that faith by which almighty God has justified all men from the very beginning." - Clement, Clement's First Letter, 32.3-4

This is before it became lost in Catholic doctrine in the 300's.

I would also dare you to look for consistency in all of clements writings. I don't think you will see Grace through faith taught consistently and certainly not in a systematic way.

The big fish to fry in those days was Gnosticism and Arianism and the understanding of the nature of Christ. Things like salvation by Grace through faith and eschatology took a back seat and were re "invented" at aater date.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm surprised you didn't do it about 5 posts ago.

I have known you since 2007.

Every time you start losing an argument, you put the person who is defeating you on ignore.

Usually, you first go on and on about how smart you are, and how stupid the other person is before telling everyone you are putting so and so on ignore.

However, all you have done this time, is yet again, show that Darby followers are not only in denial, but also that Dispensationalism cannot stand the test of scripture.
:rotfl:

You are a compulsive liar.

And you're the one who lost the only debate I was engaged in when I pointed out that the date of invention has nothing to do with why Mormonism (your very own "analogy") is false.

You really need to try to remember that the posts are all still there for everyone to read, Tellalie!

john w

Hall of Fame
Everyone has a belief system and they are "invented" daily. My belief system is not the belief system I had in 1997 when I first heard the word dispensationalism.
The punk uses that "invented" sophistry, deceitful debating tactic,on every third post.

All false doctrine, by definition, is "invented." His deceptive "invented" "descriptor," does NADA, for his "belief system, or mine/others, nor does it disprove his/mine/others. All this pathetic, obsessed, twit has do to, is make his case, as to why a paricular doctrine is false, and others is not, and be done with it. But he doesn't, being the obsessed loser, that he is. This "invented" jazz is a deceptive ploy, on his part, and the punk knows it. But that is his MO on TOL-deceit, sophistry, hypocrisy. He does the same tactic with his "teachings of men....man made" stumper/sophistry.

And the punk, being the "dense dummy" that he is, does not realize, that, unless he is going to claim that all of his doctrine, is infallible, has "invented" doctrine.

Wait...the sweetie does claim that he has infallible teachers...on record...

musterion

The only people who claim infallible teachers are Catholics and those who believe in post-canon inspiration. No one with any sense uses that word carelessly. So...who must he have been referring to?

john w

Hall of Fame
The only people who claim infallible teachers are Catholics and those who believe in post-canon inspiration. No one with any sense uses that word carelessly. So...who must he have been referring to?

Yes, he asserts that dispensationalism is a "false belief system," since it is "taught by fallable(sic) men"(his exact words), and he talks like a Roman, as pertaining to "end time" doctrine.

He is a closet Roman Catholic. He's in denial.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

A Christian can't NOT believe it.

Phil 3:21

Col 3:4

Rev 21:2-3

I believe them. I believe they were already fulfilled.

However, not one of those verses says that Jesus comes back bodily to planet earth.

You guys make that up in your attempt to make the Bible fit Darby's false teachings.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Little Johnny W lies about me. He also claims I believe in a flat earth, am unemployed, divorced, bankrupted, short, bald, etc.

I have made it crystal clear that the only infallible man to ever walk planet earth was Christ Jesus.

Interplanner

A Christian can't NOT believe it.

Phil 3:21

Col 3:4

Rev 21:2-3

It may help to define terms a bit. Does 'return to this planet' automatically mean 'return and restore a kingdom to Israel as found in the old covenant'?

Or does it mean 'return in judgement to do with the nations what he did to Israel, and to make a new heavens and earth.'? That's closer to 2 Pet 3, the longest and most complete explanation.