ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

john w

Hall of Fame
Hey Little Johnny,

You forgot one. Let me help you:

(Isaiah 13:9) Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

The above describes judgment that soon came upon Babylon.

Hey, little arms Craigie: been to the gym lately? Rhetorical question, weasel looking wimp.

Prove it.

What year was it written, Clay?

Let me help you:

whey-protein-optimum.jpg

Golds-Gym-4.jpg

ClimateSanity

None of those verses say He will make a bodily appearance on planet earth.

Like I said, you are taking the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, and then trying to make the Bible fit those false teachings.

None of those verses say he won't make a bodily appearance. If it isn't explicitly stated, we cannot make a certainty of it.

That point is true whether there ever lived a man named Darby or not.

john w

Hall of Fame
I already answered you for all of them.

It's hard for me to believe you are this dense.

But then again, you're a follower of John Nelson Darby, so this kind of denseness from you can be expected I guess.

The verse you give from Obadiah describes the judgment that was soon to come upon the nation of Edom

All you have to do is read the first verse in the book of Obadiah to figure it out.

(Obadiah 1:1 KJV) The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord God concerning Edom; ...

C'mon Little Johnny, you this is about the 15th time you have given Obadiah 1:15 as an excuse. Stop embarrassing yourself.

It's judgment that took place over 2,500 years ago on the nation of Edom.

No, you did not-Answer the question-specific years written, and when fulfilled, twitty looking "man."

"It's hard for me to believe you are this dense."-Craigie

Vs.

"All dispies do is attack me...."-Craigie

It's hard for TOL to believe that you are such an actress, and look so effeminate, and have arms like a girl.

So there.

john w

Hall of Fame
Your "argument:"

"because the time is near"-Tellalie quoting Rev. 22:10 NIV.

"Ok Tam, you can now attempt to tell me why 'shortly', 'the time is near', and 'the time is at hand' don't really mean what they say."-weasel boy Tellalie, on TOL, just recently

When were these written, sweetie, providing the specific years, and when fulfilled?:

Joel 1:15 KJV Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Obadiah 1:15 KJV For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zephaniah 1:7 KJV Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD:for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Joel 2:1 KJV Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Joel written after the Babylon captivity, sweetie?

What does near and at hand mean in the above,if it means what you all Russell/Hanegraaf/Josephus, "fallable men" followers, AD 70-ists/Preterists, such as little, snot nosed Craigie Tellalie, the habitual liar of TOL say,then the Lord Jesus Christt should have came back during that time.

What's the problem, "fallable men" follower, Craigie, the admitted aniti semite?

More posts, and more posts from the Darby Followers, but not one Darby follower will even attempt to answer the question.

Here is the question again:

Are there any prophecies in the Bible that describe the destruction to the Second Temple in 70AD?

C'mon Darby followers, why are you guys so afraid of one little question?

All you have to do is give a "yes" or "no".

I don't own anything written by Darby, though would agree with him on some things I know of, but, in any event, have studied numerous eschatological scholars. Daniel 9:26, Matthew 23:38, Matthew 24:2, Mark 13:2, Luke 21:6. But talk about somebody who gripes over trivia in the use of language, you demand a description of the destruction? What, like Brutus and Decimus took metal javelins and pried at stones, while Junius torched the alter?

I can tell you nobody is afraid of you. Here is the case, where there's ignorance.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Just using the scripture terminology, you're the swine, you see, that will trample truth. There's no profit having a discussion with you, and, as somebody pointed out, you're here to endlessly dispute. If trolls were ducks, you're walking and quacking like one. Do you understand some people find that all very immature and boring? Why would anybody want to make the effort to go into a critical exegesis with somebody who's not listening, who only knows how to vacuously dispute everything?

Who would want to have a scholarly conversation with you, when you understand nothing? You're like a house painter, who would argue with Monet about using anything smaller than a three inch brush or a roller to paint with, that it's no good, that he doesn't even have sense enough to buy his paint in buckets and the same color. What would be the point? You're not exactly a profitable conversation, see what I mean?

Unless it's, of course, for somebody to tell you to humbly repent of your sins and come to the cross of Jesus Christ for mercy and salvation, believe the gospel and be born again of the Spirit, then, after some years of study, you'll understand what Monet was up to, look back on the Preterism and admit you were also once in the wilderness, like all of us.

Until then, about all anybody can say is have a nice day.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Your Hyper-Dispensationalism doesn't determine who and who is not a Christian.
I didn't say it did. It wasn't my opinion. You don't get to just believe whatever the hell you want and still call yourself a christian. I mean, I suppose you can call yourself anything you want. You can call yourself a purple elephant with zebra striped butt cheeks too, but that doesn't make it true.

quoteNowhere in the Bible does it say Christ Jesus returns in bodily form to planet earth.

Prove me wrong Clete.
Christian has never taught anything else. Many of the verses I listed in my first response to you states it outright but it's not up to me to prove it. You're the one making the claim. Yes, I notice that you intentionally couch all of your claims in the negative, as do most preterists, by the way. It makes your system intentionally unfalsifiable.

You're just another Darby follower who can't defend his Dispensationalism when Dispensationalism is put to the test of scripture.
I've never once read a single word written by Darby and don't care what he taught or said. Not that I couldn't or wouldn't learn a great deal from him but the point being that I am not a follower of his nor am I interested in being one. I was a late comer to dispensationalism and did not accept it until it was established biblically and rationally. Darby had exactly zero, nothing, nada to do with it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't own anything written by Darby, though would agree with him on some things I know of, but, in any event, have studied numerous eschatological scholars. Daniel 9:26, Matthew 23:38. But talk about somebody who gripes over trivia in the use of language, you demand a description of the destruction? What, like Brutus and Decimus took metal javelins and pried at stones, while Junius torched the alter?

I can tell you nobody is afraid of you. Here is the case, where there's ignorance.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Just using the scripture terminology, you're the swine, you see, that will trample truth. There's no profit having a discussion with you, and, as somebody pointed out, you're here to endlessly dispute. If trolls were ducks, you're walking and quacking like one. Do you understand some people find that all very immature and boring? Why would anybody want to make the effort to go into a critical exegesis with somebody who's not listening, who only knows how to vacuously dispute everything?

Who would want to have a scholarly conversation with you, when you understand nothing? You're like a house painter, who would argue with Monet about using anything smaller than a three inch brush or a roller to paint with, that it's no good, that he doesn't even have sense enough to buy his paint in buckets and the same color. What would be the point? You're not exactly a profitable conversation, see what I mean?

Unless it's, of course, for somebody to tell you to humbly repent of your sins and come to the cross of Jesus Christ for mercy and salvation, believe the gospel and be born again of the Spirit, then, after some years of study, you'll understand what Monet was up to, look back on the Preterism and admit you were also once in the wilderness, like all of us.

Careful, WLJ!!! He will come back and "Darby" you. Watch. Or accuse you of never answering questions, telling you that you are in denial, accusing you of not believing God/the bible/"Jesus"/Paul/Peter, like he does..... He is an obsessed, deceitful fraud, whose main objective, on TOL, is to cause division, within the boc, the means being deceit, hypocrisy, sophistry, habitual lying, with a critical, spirit, with no spine, a winer, piner, spending half of his miserable life, on TOL, not to defend the faith/edify others/teach others/rebuke false doctrine, but to get even, with all those bullie dispies, who hurt his feelings, years ago-by any means at his disposal.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Don't make me laugh Clete.

That's exactly what you Darby followers do.

You Darby followers twist the Bible into a pretzel in trying to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Saying it doesn't make is so, Tit!

One of, if not THE most fundamental building block upon which Dispensationalism is predicated is the literal interpretation of scripture. It's Dispensationalism's most prominent defining characteristic. You cannot get to dispensationalism without a literal interpretation of scripture. Taking scripture to mean what it says is THE ONLY road that leads to any form of dispensationalism.

Why do you suppose that you are forced to lie in any attempt to undermine my doctrine? And I don't mean mistakes but bold faced, transparent, obviously intentional lies? :think:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
None of those verses say He will make a bodily appearance on planet earth.

Like I said, you are taking the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, and then trying to make the Bible fit those false teachings.

You're an idiot!

Everyone here has access to a bible and can read those verse for themselves, you moron.

Again, why the need, the seemingly pathological, uncontrollable need to lie? I don't get it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Saying it doesn't make is so, Tit!

One of, if not THE most fundamental building block upon which Dispensationalism is predicated is the literal interpretation of scripture. It's Dispensationalism's most prominent defining characteristic. You cannot get to dispensationalism without a literal interpretation of scripture. Taking scripture to mean what it says is THE ONLY road that leads to any form of dispensationalism.

Why do you suppose that you are forced to lie in any attempt to undermine my doctrine? And I don't mean mistakes but bold faced, transparent, obviously intentional lies? :think:

That is his MO on TOL, Clete-habitual lying, including lying about what other respective members of the boc believe.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That is his MO on TOL, Clete-habitual lying, including lying about what other respective members of the boc believe.

Yes, I know. That's why he spends most of the time on my ignore list. I've taken him off there for now just to make this thread easier to read but it won't last long.

Careful, WLJ!!! He will come back and "Darby" you.

Woooo! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Fact is, I don't even read enough of trolls to know what to expect of them, but, from what I've seen, he is just having people on, clearly on a campaign of pushing buttons to get attention, pasting Preterist talking points, in an incoherent fashion, talking points he probably just Googles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't own anything written by Darby, though would agree with him on some things I know of, but, in any event, have studied numerous eschatological scholars. Daniel 9:26, Matthew 23:38, Matthew 24:2, Mark 13:2, Luke 21:6. But talk about somebody who gripes over trivia in the use of language, you demand a description of the destruction? What, like Brutus and Decimus took metal javelins and pried at stones, while Junius torched the alter?

All that rhetoric, but you didn't even attempt to answer the question.

Here it is again for you:

Are there any prophecies in the Bible that describe the destruction to the Second Temple in 70AD?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't get to just believe whatever the hell you want and still call yourself a christian. I mean, I suppose you can call yourself anything you want.

Where in the Bible does it say that you have to believe that Jesus returns bodily to planet earth in order to be a Christian?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've never once read a single word written by Darby and don't care what he taught or said.

More proof that Dispensationalists live in denial.

Your Dispensationalism didn't exist before Darby invented it in 1830.

So, Darby invented it, then taught someone, who taught someone, who taught someone, who taught someone.....who then taught you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of, if not THE most fundamental building block upon which Dispensationalism is predicated is the literal interpretation of scripture.

That's a lie.

You guys twist the literal meanings of "these last days", "the time is at hand", "the culmination of the ages", "this generation", "things which must soon take place", etc.

You don't take these phrases literally, you twist all of these phrases into a pretzel because you try to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

john w

Hall of Fame
Woooo! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Fact is, I don't even read enough of trolls to know what to expect of them, but, from what I've seen, he is just having people on, clearly on a campaign of pushing buttons to get attention, pasting Preterist talking points, in an incoherent fashion, talking points he probably just Googles.

And that is one of his "arguments" of sophistry on TOL, accusing others of "following the teachings of men," such as Darby, which, whether it is Darby, or (fill in the blank), is biblical, as the LORD God has made for a provision for teachers in the boc, and, in hypocrisy, spamming this, as he follows the teachings of men also, which he has admitted, in the past, but now denies. And the sophistry is his "of men" deceit, as if that does anything for his "belief system?" Should we follow aliens? He merely "GOOGLES" the teachings of his AD 70-ism/Preterist teachers.