ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, post after post after post from Darby followers, but not one Darby follower will attempt to answer the question.

The question:

Are there any prophecies in the Bible that describe the destruction to the Second Temple in 70AD?

Why are you Darby followers so afraid of the question?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is time to stop using D'ism and P'ism then, because I'm not the latter. that's why I refer to 2P2P. In the case of the 2nd coming, I affirm the 2nd coming. I do not understand the person who gets to 2 Peter 3 where the deluge is a historic event that models the 2nd coming, but the person says the 2nd coming is not a coming historic event. (They usually do so because 2 Cor 5 says the new creation is Christ and is here).

I don't know what 2P2P is.

As for the 2nd coming, I am glad to find out that you affirm the physical second coming of Jesus but would you say that your position on that is typical of preterists or is your position out of the ordinary in preterist circles?

I'm genuinely asking the question. I have no idea whether preterists are typically fundamentalists or not and am simply trying to find out.

Clete

john w

Hall of Fame
Daniel was told to seal his scroll until the end. John was told not to seal his scroll because the end was near.

The Apostle Paul said that he and his audience were living during "the culmination of the ages".

Peter said "the end of all things is at hand"

James said "the coming of the Lord is at hand"

The writer of Hebrews referred to the days in which he lived as "these last days".

When were these written, sweetie?:

Joel 1:15 KJV Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Obadiah 1:15 KJV For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zephaniah 1:7 KJV Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD:for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Joel 2:1 KJV Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Little Johnny,

You forgot one. Let me help you:

(Isaiah 13:9) Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

The above describes judgment that soon came upon Babylon.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
In this case, you've insisted that 'the kingdom' has to be in Judea, or officed there, and has to be on this earth. That is hardly what the NT does. It is already in the power of the teaching of Jesus, and it ends as the NHNE.

I insist because there is no good reason to think that the bible teaches anything else.

In fact, the ONLY reason to think otherwise is in order to preserve preterist teaching. It's the only way Preterism works. But that is a backward way of doing theology. You aren't supposed to start with a doctrine and then bend the meaning of texts to fit that doctrine. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christ Jesus makes a bodily return to planet earth.

You are not a Christian, by definition.

This single sentence proves that. No wonder I have you on ignore. I don't understand why you are even here.

Titus 2:13
Heb. 9:28
John 14:1-3
Acts 1:9-11
Matt. 24:14
Rev. 1:7
Matt. 24:43-44
1 Thess. 4:13-18
1 Cor. 15:51-54
2 Thess. 1:7-10 & 2:8
Rev. 14:14-20 & 19:11-21
Matt. 24
Mark 13
Luke 21
2 Tim. 3:1-5
1 Thess. 5:1-6

ClimateSanity

Joel 1:15 KJV Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Obadiah 1:15 KJV For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

Zephaniah 1:7 KJV Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD:for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

Joel 2:1 KJV Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

"Is at hand", certainly isn't within the generation of those hearing those prophecies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I already answered you for all of them.

It's hard for me to believe you are this dense.

But then again, you're a follower of John Nelson Darby, so this kind of denseness from you can be expected I guess.

The verse you give from Obadiah describes the judgment that was soon to come upon the nation of Edom

All you have to do is read the first verse in the book of Obadiah to figure it out.

(Obadiah 1:1 KJV) The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord God concerning Edom; ...

C'mon Little Johnny, you this is about the 15th time you have given Obadiah 1:15 as an excuse. Stop embarrassing yourself.

It's judgment that took place over 2,500 years ago on the nation of Edom.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Your Hyper-Dispensationalism doesn't determine who and who is not a Christian.

This single sentence proves that.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say Christ Jesus returns in bodily form to planet earth.

Prove me wrong Clete.

No wonder I have you on ignore. I don't understand why you are even here.

You're just another Darby follower who can't defend his Dispensationalism when Dispensationalism is put to the test of scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You aren't supposed to start with a doctrine and then bend the meaning of texts to fit that doctrine. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Don't make me laugh Clete.

That's exactly what you Darby followers do.

You Darby followers twist the Bible into a pretzel in trying to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

john w

Hall of Fame
Written before judgment came upon the Jews

Written before judgment came upon Egypt.

Written before judgment came upon the Jews and Jerusalem

Written before judgment came upon the Jews and Jerusalem

It means exactly what it says.

"the day of the Lord" is used in the OT to describe judgement that came upon countries by the armies of other countries.

"the day of the Lord" is used in the OT to describe judgement that came upon countries by the armies of other countries."-you

No, it does not. You invented that.

I did not ask that-when were they written-specifics, punk-years.

Your "argument:"

"because the time is near"-Tellalie quoting Rev. 22:10 NIV.

"Ok Tam, you can now attempt to tell me why 'shortly', 'the time is near', and 'the time is at hand' don't really mean what they say."-weasel boy Tellalie, on TOL, just recently

When were these written, sweetie, providing the specific years, and when fulfilled?:

What does near and at hand mean in the above,if it means what you all Russell/Hanegraaf/Josephus, "fallable men" followers, AD 70-ists/Preterists, such as little, snot nosed Craigie Tellalie, the habitual liar of TOL say,then the Lord Jesus Christt should have came back during that time.

What's the problem, "fallable men" follower, Craigie, the admitted aniti semite?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

This single sentence proves that. No wonder I have you on ignore. I don't understand why you are even here.

Titus 2:13
Heb. 9:28
John 14:1-3
Acts 1:9-11
Matt. 24:14
Rev. 1:7
Matt. 24:43-44
1 Thess. 4:13-18
1 Cor. 15:51-54
2 Thess. 1:7-10 & 2:8
Rev. 14:14-20 & 19:11-21
Matt. 24
Mark 13
Luke 21
2 Tim. 3:1-5
1 Thess. 5:1-6

None of those verses say He will make a bodily appearance on planet earth.

Like I said, you are taking the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, and then trying to make the Bible fit those false teachings.

john w

Hall of Fame
Once again, post after post after post from Darby followers, but not one Darby follower will attempt to answer the question.

The question:

Are there any prophecies in the Bible that describe the destruction to the Second Temple in 70AD?

Why are you Darby followers so afraid of the question?

Why are you Russell, Josephus, Gentry, pope followers so afraid of:

-identifying this alleged "everyone" that saw/witnessed an alleged un-physical, invisible, Saviour, return in AD 70?

-identifying these "bunch of" infalliable men that you claim taught you AD 70-ism/Preterism?

What's the problem, little arms Craigie? 3+ years of silencio, sweetie?

john w

Hall of Fame
Don't make me laugh Clete.

That's exactly what you Darby followers do.

You Darby followers twist the Bible into a pretzel in trying to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

His only bullet-Darby spam.

Pathetic, obsessed, punk.

Ger a job, and leave this site, you little tramp/troll/mutt.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More posts, and more posts from the Darby Followers, but not one Darby follower will even attempt to answer the question.

Here is the question again:

C'mon Darby followers, why are you guys so afraid of one little question?

All you have to do is give a "yes" or "no".

john w

Hall of Fame
I already answered you for all of them.

It's hard for me to believe you are this dense.

But then again, you're a follower of John Nelson Darby, so this kind of denseness from you can be expected I guess.

The verse you give from Obadiah describes the judgment that was soon to come upon the nation of Edom

All you have to do is read the first verse in the book of Obadiah to figure it out.

(Obadiah 1:1 KJV) The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord God concerning Edom; ...

C'mon Little Johnny, you this is about the 15th time you have given Obadiah 1:15 as an excuse. Stop embarrassing yourself.

It's judgment that took place over 2,500 years ago on the nation of Edom.

Answer the question, little effeminate, girl like punk:

When were they written specifically, the years, and when fulfilled, you little weakling, weasel?

john w

Hall of Fame
More posts, and more posts from the Darby Followers, but not one Darby follower will even attempt to answer the question.

C'mon Darby followers, why are you guys so afraid of one little question?

All you have to do is give a "yes" or "no".

More posts, and more posts from the Russell, Josephus, Gentry, pope followers, but not one Russell, Josephus, Gentry, pope follower will even attempt to answer the question.

Why are you Russell, Josephus, Gentry, pope followers so afraid of:

-identifying this alleged "everyone" that saw/witnessed an alleged un-physical, invisible, Saviour, return in AD 70?

-identifying these "bunch of" infalliable men that you claim taught you AD 70-ism/Preterism?

C'mon Russell, Josephus, Gentry, pope followers, why are you guys so afraid of one little question?What's the problem, little arms Craigie? 3+ years of silencio, sweetie?

john w

Hall of Fame
None of those verses say He will make a bodily appearance on planet earth.

Like I said, you are taking the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, and then trying to make the Bible fit those false teachings.
Yes they do. You are in denial, little chin/arms boy.