why own a gun?

Crow

Originally posted by Jabez

I think the point BW is tring to make is,what would Jesus do if in that situation?Would he pull out a gun and shoot a robber?
I've stated my reasons for owning a gun.

Jesus wouldn't have to. Let's face it, He had abilities I don't possess. Jesus didn't have guns avaliable in 33ish AD, but we know that at least one of his disciples, Peter, had a sword with him while accompanying Christ, because Christ stayed him when he attempted to use it to protect Him, as Christ had already chosen to be sacrificed.

And frankly, Jabez, it is a waste of my time to engage in discourse with BW. BW changes his story frequently, and replies this way when his many conflicting versions are pointed out. His standard reply when one of his assertations is refuted is "your eyes are full of blood." I haven't seen any indication whatsoever that he is capable of anything but untruthfulness. Y'all discuss things with him if you wish.

Last edited:

brother Willi

howbout it Turbo, what the hell was wrong with your parents?

you know what was wrong?
NOTHING
the problem is in your thinking

most of you here make me sick
poly,catty find shame that you must make your husbands live by the sword

i vomit your words out as i read them, crow also and billy
you all make me sick
you bloodthirsty christians.
you attack the idea of "what whould Jesus do" without mercy, you only see Jesus the roman killer
you are my enemy, because you are the enemy of the Word of Jesus.

you prove here that his Word is not welcome unless you can twist it to mean "i can kill anyone who breaks into my home"

I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT LIKE ME
hate me, hate is what you do best.

i love you, il help you if i can
YEP, even if you steal from me.

"WHATSO EVER YOU DO TO THE LEAST OF MY BROTHERS, THAT YOU DO UNTO ME.

REPENT AND CHANGE

SEE YOURSELF IN THE MOST EVIL OF YOUR BROTHERS.

AS I SEE MYSELF IN YOUR EVIL

now laugh away vipers
laugh away

One Eyed Jack

I got my first gun when I was six years old. It's a bit scratched up, but I've still got it. I'm going to let my nephew sand it and restain it, and then I'm going to let him have it.

Crow

I shot my first gun when I was 4 or 5 years old. My dad let me shoot his .22. I had it refinished a few years back, and it's still a tack shooter.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jabez

I think the point BW is tring to make is,what would Jesus do if in that situation?Would he pull out a gun and shoot a robber?

Jesus does not condemn those who kill in self-defense.
  • If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed. If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed. Exodus 22:2-3a

brother Willi

Originally posted by Turbo

Jesus does not condemn those who kill in self-defense.
  • If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed. If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed. Exodus 22:2-3a
yes Turbo, live by the sword
live with the blood on your hands.
Jesus teaches a better way

your parent might understand

Sozo

bro Willi...

Who, in your opinion, can own a gun for defensive purposes?

Can Christians become police officers? Can they serve in the military?

brother Willi

Originally posted by Sozo

bro Willi...

Who, in your opinion, can own a gun for defensive purposes?

Can Christians become police officers? Can they serve in the military?
that would be great to talk about.
my dad was in WW2 he lived in Austria, when hitler took over, my dad was given 2 choices, die now, or help.
he did not believe in war then,he kept his head down
did his best not to kill anyone

a cop,if the law is just, sure
shoot not to kill

Sozo

Originally posted by brother Willi

that would be great to talk about.
my dad was in WW2 he lived in Austria, when hitler took over, my dad was given 2 choices, die now, or help.
he did not believe in war then,he kept his head down
did his best not to kill anyone

a cop,if the law is just, sure
shoot not to kill

So a police officer is allowed to use a gun to protect the citizens of a community?

brother Willi

So a police officer is allowed to use a gun to protect the citizens of a community?
WWJD?

thats the question.

whats your thoughts?

some countries ive heard dont let cops carry guns.
i think Japan, i might be wrong on that.
do you know if thats true?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was in and out of the house doing yardwork most of the day, and erin and I ended up talking about this over AIM. But I'll recap it here for everyone else.
Originally posted by erinmarie

Turbo, just playing the Devil's Advocate here for a minute, (it also doesn't hurt that I know you well). Do you think you will purchase a gun when you have children?
I already own a gun, but I don't really have it set up to use for defense right now. I would consider getting a pistol some day. It depends.

And also, do you feel you were inadaquately protected at your home growing up?
No.*

In other words, do you think it was an error on the part of your parents that they never kept a gun in the house?
No.

The current trend of hiding/locking up the guns in an effort to prevent a kid from ever gaining acces to a gun and making guns taboo, and I don't think that's the best approach. I think the taboo will not only make messing with a gun more alluring, but it will also assure that they won't know how to handle one should they come across one (or seek one out).

I plan to teach my future kids how to shoot and how to safely and responsibly handle firearms. The same goes for other potentialy dangerous tools, such as my table saw and circular saw, and I intend to take a similar approach with them as well.

*edit: I misread one of the questions.

Last edited:

Sozo

WWJD?

thats the question.

whats your thoughts?
Jesus would tell the govermental authorities to use a sword to bring fear upon those who consider practicing evil.

So, once again, is a police officer allowed to use a gun to protect the citizens of a community?

Sozo

interesting, can you show me that?

Romans 13:3-4

"For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil."

Crow

The current trend of hiding/locking up the guns in an effort to prevent a kid from ever gaining acces to a gun and making guns taboo, and I don't think that's the best approach. I think the taboo will not only make messing with a gun more alluring, but it will also assure that they won't know how to handle one should they come across one (or seek one out).

I plan to teach my future kids how to shoot and how to safely and responsibly handle firearms. The same goes for other potentialy dangerous tools, such as my table saw and circular saw, and I intend to take a similar approach with them as well.

My dad taught me to shoot when I was very young. The guns weren't locked up in our house, and when a kid was deemed old enough and showed the interest, they learned how to shoot. There were no gun accidents in our household because we grew up knowing not to mess with them without permission. Plus they weren't quite forbidden fruit because my dad took us out and let us shoot pretty much as often as we wished.

brother Willi

I was in and out of the house doing yardwork most of the day, and erin and I ended up talking about this over AIM. But I'll recap it here for everyone else.I already own a gun, but I don't really have it set up to use for defense right now. I would consider getting a pistol some day. It depends.
why?

why, are you dead?who died?

good for you, so i am not evil, or a bad parent because i have no guns?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Crow

My dad taught me to shoot when I was very young. The guns weren't locked up in our house, and when a kid was deemed old enough and showed the interest, they learned how to shoot. There were no gun accidents in our household because we grew up knowing not to mess with them without permission. Plus they weren't quite forbidden fruit because my dad took us out and let us shoot pretty much as often as we wished.

Me too. I was so young the first time I shot a gun, I don't even remember the experience. My Father and I were always shootin', it was our weekend thing to do together. I had 4 or 5 guns by the time I was 12 years old and my High School Graduation present was a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum.

So far, I haven't killed anyone. :noid:

brother Willi

Romans 13:3-4

"For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil."
umm, hitler, saddam etc...

remember my dad was in WW2 , on the wrong side.

had he been kill happy, it might have been your dads he killed