Why men won't marry you

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are quoting the article.
So it's a tie? :eek:

They aren't inherently more intelligent per se, but they have to be more intelligent to attract women.
That must be why the nerds get all the girls. :plain:

I think smart people are attracted, generally, to smart people, but it's all about what you value in someone else.

Women don't need to be more intelligent than men to attract a man.
I've never met someone who said to me, "What I'm looking for is someone I know is smarter than me." I don't believe our egos are built that way. Smart can be as attractive as beauty or other aspects of who we are and various combinations thereof can be powerfully attractive. That said, you'll also rarely overhear a woman say to her friends, "Check out that guy's brain. His genes really set it off." :shocked:

So humans being what they are, they tend to take the shorter route to what they want when available. And, no, my data isn't out of date.
Well, you conclusion was before you amended it, but I'm fine with revisions of any sort that get us closer to the truth of a thing, which is that women aren't less intelligent than men. :thumb:

With 70% of men between the ages of 20 and 34 not bothering to marry at all.
Given men are marrying later, a lot of those men may well marry and will tend to marry at some point along that snapshot. So the author is being a little alarmist and fudging a bit by combining along that age line.

The data we have on men is that the average age of marriage is trending toward the far end of their twenties. So most men before that aren't marrying and it skews what the percentage is telling you and misrepresents what it isn't. Now if she said 70% of men over the age of 29 weren't getting married it would be alarming.

1PeaceMaker

What ever my qualifications for marriage may be

That is the question you should have been able to answer to enter this discussion.

I not only can answer it, I have, multiple times. Your turn. You share and I'll/we'll remind you.

they are totally irrelevant to the question I asked you.

Your plan is to make demands but offer nothing in return?

That's not very genteel of you, cowboy.

What kinds of "tests" did you and 1PM give each other, submit to, whatever, to determine if you two met the standards you allude to here?

Get back to us when you plan to make a fair exchange.

1PeaceMaker

That would be a bit further along the chronological line.

Depends if you are training them up in the way they should go. Proverbs 22:6

No one, least of all me, is disputing the value of any human life. What I'm saying is the work is in the commission and that having kids isn't necessarily a part of that, though they're a blessing for those who have them.

If the way they should go is to labor for the harvest and we have a shortage of laborers, then training them thusly produces a rare and essential crop of believing humans.

We might as well talk in terms of child-shortages between believers.

He didn't have air conditioning either, but I don't think either are works.

Onan's works.... what would the opposite of Onan's works be?

Would it bear good fruit?

I am looking forward to reading a response to you from my husband but enjoyed setting aside time to comment, myself.

truthjourney

If a happily married wife of 16 years and rearing 4 daughters doesn't possess the qualifications to explain what women usually do or want without raising objections from the woman-experts like AB and Rusha, how much hope does a man like you have?

Never mind. Rusha momentarily likes you, thus you are an expert in women.

:help:
Well I might not be an expert on women but I do know a thing or two about them considering that I am a woman.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
That is the question you should have been able to answer to enter this discussion.

I not only can answer it, I have, multiple times. Your turn. You share and I'll/we'll remind you.

Your plan is to make demands but offer nothing in return?

That's not very genteel of you, cowboy.

Get back to us when you plan to make a fair exchange.
By now you should know what I think is needed for a couple to make a good marriage.

In any case,you and Elo either make or agree with a bunch of stipulations regarding who should be smarter, faster, stronger, etc. I am curious to know what tests you two took to determine if you met those qualifications.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
If a happily married wife of 16 years and rearing 4 daughters doesn't possess the qualifications to explain what women usually do or want without raising objections from the woman-experts like AB and Rusha, how much hope does a man like you have?
Have you done those things while going to college? Have you done those things while following a career? Have you decided to do a career in place of a family? How can you claim to be an expert in what all woman think when you have experienced anything beyond your life and circle of friends?

bybee

Have you done those things while going to college? Have you done those things while following a career? Have you decided to do a career in place of a family? How can you claim to be an expert in what all woman think when you have experienced anything beyond your life and circle of friends?

You have hit the nail on the head! This is exactly the problem I have with her litany.

1PeaceMaker

By now you should know what I think is needed for a couple to make a good marriage.

What are the qualifications that must be met? You want us to recap, you recap.

In any case,you and Elo either make or agree with a bunch of stipulations regarding who should be smarter, faster, stronger, etc. I am curious to know what tests you two took to determine if you met those qualifications.

Those are not qualifications for marriage.

1PeaceMaker

Did I claim to be an expert in what all women want?

I made a generalized statement about most women, not to be confused with the nuances of unique individuals.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
What are the qualifications that must be met? You want us to recap, you recap.
I'm not asking you to recap anything, I am asking how you and Elo figured out that you were suited to be married. Why is that so hard for you to answer?

Those are not qualifications for marriage.
Since when? Elo has been stating them as the qualifications women look for when they are looking for a man to marry.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Well, yeah, you kinda did.

I made a generalized statement about most women, not to be confused with the nuances of unique individuals.
See, if you would just add your qualifiers with your original comments you wouldn't have to give the appearance of back peddling.

1PeaceMaker

I'm not asking you to recap anything, I am asking how you and Elo figured out that you were suited to be married. Why is that so hard for you to answer?

It's easy to answer. But we've been trying for pages to get this answered by others, including you, I believe.

Since when? Elo has been stating them as the qualifications women look for when they are looking for a man to marry.

He's stating what trends women follow, based on their natures.

It's like saying most men look for nurturing, feminine qualities in their mates. I'm no expert in men personally, but that seems like common sense, now, doesn't it?

1PeaceMaker

Well, yeah, you kinda did.

Then quote me saying "all women want..." and whatever else you imagine I added. You will never find me saying "all women want" - anything.

Perhaps I'm just a little too pedantic for you.

See, if you would just add your qualifiers with your original comments you wouldn't have to give the appearance of back peddling.

Go see if I give qualifier free assertions about what "all" women want.

Not what women "generally" want or "most" want. (which are my exact qualifiers, check for yourself)

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
It's easy to answer. But we've been trying for pages to get this answered by others, including you, I believe.
So answer it. Have the courage to go first!

He's stating what trends women follow, based on their natures.
Since he is just a man, how could he possible be an expert in women's natures?

It's like saying most men look for nurturing, feminine qualities in their mates. I'm no expert in men personally, but that seems like common sense, now, doesn't it?
No. I know men that DO NOT look for nurturing, feminine qualities. They want the trophy wife and couldn't care less if she might make a good mom or not.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Then quote me saying "all women want..." and whatever else you imagine I added. You will never find me saying "all women want" - anything.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to go back through this thread looking for quotes.

Perhaps I'm just a little too pedantic for you.
Or irrational. You seem to be unable to stick to one topic.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned

I have never seen such poor reading comprehension. His last two posts to you were atrocious in terms of understanding what you said to him. Rusha deliberately misunderstands and then twists on top of that for good measure. She actually creates a whole new reality like that. Magicians do the same thing. I think in the case of CM, he despises you and your husband to such a degree that all info that he reads passes through that filter and comes out all discombobulated as a result....in other words, it is subconscious with him.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Depends if you are training them up in the way they should go. Proverbs 22:6
No, the moment you begin to have them you're past the chronological point I'm speaking to.

If the way they should go is to labor for the harvest and we have a shortage of laborers, then training them thusly produces a rare and essential crop of believing humans.
Provided they follow it's a benefit. I'm assuming you believe in some measure of free will in the mixture. But even so that's a benefit, but there are disadvantages that go into it. I think that's what Paul, who was free of the obligations, was speaking to. He could go and preach and teach without having to stop and take the large amounts of time it takes to bring up that more personal harvest.

We might as well talk in terms of child-shortages between believers.
Depends on where you look. In the West we're going two to make one, but elsewhere? Latin America, by way of example, doesn't have that problem. And it's also one place where Christendom is rooted and growing.

Onan's works....
No idea what you're speaking to. The only thing I recall offhand about Onan has nothing to do with air conditioning repair.

what would the opposite of Onan's works be?
Depends on the age group. :plain:

Would it bear good fruit?
There are few sweeter fruits, in the South, in August, than a working air conditioner. :)