Why men won't marry you

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
That says more about you than anything else. :idunno:
Yes, it does. I'm proud of what it says.

In this case? I'm counting at least 3. :rolleyes:
Which three? Remember, a witness must come forward and honestly testify about what they witnessed. Which three will do that? To whom will they give their testimony?

Even if that were the case (and, in point of fact, it wasn't), that doesn't excuse her actions.
I don't believe I offered it as an excuse. None the less, you failed to answer the question I asked. Are you conceding my point?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it does. I'm proud of what it says.

You're missing my point. Saying "Boo, I disagree" isn't a legitimate argument.

Which three? Remember, a witness must come forward and honestly testify about what they witnessed. Which three will do that? To whom will they give their testimony?

The husband witnessed it. The cheating wife witnessed it. Her lover witnessed her. Her lover's friends witnessed it. And I'm sure other people probably came over and saw the situation from time to time.

At any rate, the need for witnesses is to establish the matter of fact, and what I am currently talking about is, as I have said, "a grievous, public and ongoing" outrage against her husband. The matter of fact simply isn't in question.

At any rate, I'm simply not interested in having a discussion about the juridical practices of the Jews. Last I checked, I don't live in the middle east, nor was I engaging in a theological discussion.

I don't believe I offered it as an excuse. None the less, you failed to answer the question I asked. Are you conceding my point?

Again, you're simply misunderstanding me. Your point is irrelevant. Regardless of her motivations, the woman in question was guilty of committing, as I have said before, "a grievous, public and ongoing" injustice against her husband. There simply is no question as to whether the woman in question deserved to be beaten, perhaps even to death. It's clearly the case that she did.

And again, need I remind you of the results of the case? If I recall correctly, the wife and her lover murdered the husband.

Had the husband been legally enabled and encouraged to exact vengeance, everyone would have been better off. Society would have at least one less malefactor around, and would still have had a decent, hard-working citizen at its disposal.

Selaphiel

You are a "Jack Booted moron"!
Without freedom life is meaningless.

There are limits to what one can get when extracting ones philosophy of society and law from a comic book.

Men of violence are sad creatures. Men who hit women and children are downright pathetic impotent children in an adult body. The adult variant of lying down and kicking and screaming when they dont get candy at the store.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
A beating ... for cheating. As someone who was the faithful wife of an adulterer, I will leave you with this:

He wasn't *worth* beating.

That very well may be your personal opinion. But it's not just about you.

From the viewpoint of the interests of the State? He most certainly was worth beating.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
There are limits to what one can get when extracting ones philosophy of society and law from a comic book.

I could quote the Summa Theologiae, Aristotle or Plato to roughly the same effect. I just so happen to prefer the rhetorical expression in the comic I cited. :idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Men of violence are sad creatures. Men who hit women and children are downright pathetic impotent children in an adult body. The adult variant of lying down and kicking and screaming when they dont get candy at the store.

:first:

elohiym

God provides? Looks like the Government is your God, and they use my taxes to do the providing. So I provide. :chuckle:

Don't take credit for what God has given me. The fact that He uses the government to take (His) money from you against your will and give it to me is poetic justice considering your attitude.

When I worked, in and out of the military, and paid taxes, I didn't view disabled veterans like you apparently do. Veterans deserve their disability benefits. The People owe it to us for risking our lives and being injured in war.

Just as I suspected. You live off other people and claim to be a righteous man.

Just as I suspected you would make my righteousness conditional on me not accepting disability benefits you owe me according to the law. Stop preaching a false gospel!

Selaphiel

From the viewpoint of the interests of the State? He most certainly was worth beating.

From the point of view of the state, Christ certainly was worth crucifying.

I could quote the Summa Theologiae, Aristotle or Plato to roughly the same effect. I just so happen to prefer the rhetorical expression in the comic I cited.

There have been some developments in civilization when it comes to law and justice compared to Thomas Aquinas' time. Medieval conceptions of justice and rule are hardly something to be desired today.

You are so obscenely naive when you spout the nonsense such as simple clear cut justice, there is no such thing. Try pulling your head out of your own utterly naive and idealized reading of medieval and antique books and consider the reality you actually live in as well as the idea that there have been some improvements made. Maybe study some current social science rather than relying on 1000 year old viewpoints on a form of society that no longer exists.

This right here is the problem of compartmentalized education today. Someone can specialize in fields that are so narrow, without any other input. Then you end up knowing a lot about a very small thing, with no applicability to anything.

elohiym

You made no argument...you gave excuses for why it wouldn't be your fault if you got too busy in Walmart or at the beach to watch your child adequately.

All you do is generalize peoples' posts. You take a comment about how easy it is to be the victim of a predator, and turn it around to say the Mom wasn't being cautious and making excuses - your MO - latch on to a wrong interpretaion and beat it into the ground, ridiculous -

Exactly, PJ.

elohiym

:confused:

Let me be perfectly clear. In point of fact, I don't advise that any man living in Europe or the U.S. actually beat his wife for any reason.

You should advise all men everywhere to not hit their wives.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her ...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In regards to the OP title of this thread, a more interesting question would be

"Why women won't marry you".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The law: fear of justice.

:think: ...or the legend of Loraine Bobbit.

Another good discussion (being that Traditio believes spousal abuse is at times warranted).

IF you would have been on the jury deciding the fate of Lorena Bobbit, how would you have voted?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Annabenedetti, I say "sometimes a woman simply needs to be beaten" in precisely the same sense as "sometimes a woman simply needs to be incarcerated" or "sometimes, a woman simply needs to be given the death penalty."

you horrible horrible person!

how dare you suggest that any woman could ever do anything worthy of incarceration or the death penalty!

A beating ... for cheating. As someone who was the faithful wife of an adulterer, I will leave you with this:

He wasn't *worth* beating.

in the old days, he would have been beaten - by your father, uncles, brothers

and his behavior would have changed

you wouldn't have been divorced

your kids would have had a two parent household

elohiym

No, just anti-feminist.

It's a common symptom of a feminist to be blinded to real reality- the actual truth of these matters. Any knockback is 'misogyny'.

This forum is not part of the manosphere. Could you tone it down? You sound like the gullible retards on the Return of Kings website.