ECT WHY JESUS IS GOD , Heb 5:5 !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God came as Jesus.

Do we agree that scripture is God's word?

In the beginning was God's word (his scripture) and God embodied his scripture into flesh and sent Jesus to the Jews to teach his scripture and to offer them his kingdom. The Jew's leadership opted to pass on the kingdom offer and they crucified God's human word.

Now the offer of the kingdom is to all people regardless of ethnicity.

DAN P

Hi and I believer that most are conditioned to ONE theology and hard to believe that Grace is what Saves <

Have you notice that Repentance and Water Baptism is harped by them and also tongues and the banner says , BACK to Pentecost ?

They can not see that Repentance is WORKS in Matthew and also in Acts 26:20 !!

I , guess they feel that they are helping God and they can Persevere and they are suffering for God and they SUFFER mentally !!

I am sure that there are more . but when looking at scripture , they are as blind as Israel , but also includes many of us also , so if we repeat what Paul has said , we are on the right track !!

The 4 BIGGEST BLUNDERS of believers today is :

#1 , Where the Body of Christ began !

#2 Why Israel was set aside , are blind to that in Acts 13:46 , Acts 18:6 and in Acts 28:28 !!

#3 , Failure to see that BAPTISMA means the Holy Spirit is the only Baptizer in Eph 4:5 !

#4 , Failure to see that Tongues have CEASED in 1 Cor 13:8 !!

dan [

DAN P

Without a doubt you are wrong.

God is not the logos.
Jesus was not at the creation.
No one equal to God.
And Jesus is NOT God.

.Jesus is our High Priest, he is a servant of his God. A priest is not equal to the God he serves.

Hi and Heb 5:5 and also in John 1:1 proves that God is " THE " LOGOS , and that is what the Greek is saying as the Greek ARTICLE " the " is before the word LOGOS ,

If Jesus is not God , then His blood means nothing and has died in Vain !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and Heb 5:5 and also in John 1:1 proves that God is " THE " LOGOS , and that is what the Greek is saying as the Greek ARTICLE " the " is before the word LOGOS ,

The logos is God's word and the personification of who God is. His word was embodied as flesh and serves as God's express image. The image isn't God but rather a picture of God.

Scripture is God's word and and Jesus is the personification of scripture. Jesus said, "For I have not spoken of myself, but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment what I should say and what I should speak."

Scripture is the word of God, not the word of Jesus who could only speak what God gave him commandment to speak.

To this day Jesus is a man under authority.

"The head of Christ is God." (Paul)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Two things God can't do is die or lie. Besides, God doesn't have blood. Our life is in our blood, but God's life does not depend on blood.

keypurr

dan p

God is a spirit and spirits do not have blood.
Christ became a man.
Jesus is that man.

The logos is not God, it is Christ who is a form of God.
Christ became man, not God.

vfirestormv

Exo_34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

God is one God and Him alone we are to worship.

Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Mat 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

All the angels that man tried to worship rebuked the person trying to worship them. Jesus never did such. If He were just our high priest He would have rebuked the notion of people worshiping Him. He did not, why, because He is God. Yes He is submissive to the Father, the first person of the Godhead but He is co-equal to Him. Just like the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead.
What does He do? He speaks and teaches us of Jesus. He is also co-equal to Jesus and to the Father. But I imagine you will stayed blinded to your own wisdom.

keypurr

Exo_34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Mat 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

All the angels that man tried to worship rebuked the person trying to worship them. Jesus never did such. If He were just our high priest He would have rebuked the notion of people worshiping Him. He did not, why, because He is God. Yes He is submissive to the Father, the first person of the Godhead but He is co-equal to Him. Just like the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead.
What does He do? He speaks and teaches us of Jesus. He is also co-equal to Jesus and to the Father. But I imagine you will stayed blinded to your own wisdom.

I used to think that too, but then my eyes were opened to his truth. John 17:3.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1 Corinthians 8:6)​

Like Jesus we are in the Father through Jesus.

Jesus' instruction to the Jews regarding prayer was to pray to our Father which art in heaven. Only one person is our heavenly Father and it is not Jesus (our brother) or Mary (Jesus' late mom).

Lon

If Jesus is God why then does Jesus have a God?
:idunno: I just thought I'd believe what the Bible says instead of trying to make it up:

"....was [certainly] with God AND [with certainty] was God."

The message spin is sad and desperate. It is 'reasoned' from the mind of desperate yet very much fallible men. It is nowhere in or substantiated by the text and it is horrible written form to boot because it doesn't fit the context of the rest of the book....or the letters of John....or Revelation esp ch. 19. The 'theory' then walks all over literary structure and clear language communication (grammar and literature).

Lon

You're not the first one to claim scripture is not God's word.
Again, a contrivance on your part. If all your faith is, is a conglomeration of your ideas, then you really aren't following the Christ of scripture, are you? :think: We have an inordinate amount of arians on TOL, but most of us that have done well in literature and grammar aren't lying to you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, a contrivance on your part.

A contrivance?

Do you agree that scripture is God's word? Do you agree that Jesus is the embodiment of scripture?

God's word existed from the beginning and is the personification of God.

Jesus is the end result of the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We have an inordinate amount of arians on TOL, but most of us that have done well in literature and grammar aren't lying to you.

Arians believe that Christ was created, I don't believe that so I am not an Arian.

Do you have any more names to call me?