ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

dodge

Hi and which ones are you talking about , with a verse ??

What does SALVATION / SOTERIA mean in 1 Peter 1:9 mean ?

The context is oin the Greek PRESENT TENSE and that present tense is not the MYSTERY that Paul preached !!

The FCONTEXT IS Jewish !!

Are you Jewish ??

Are you GENTILE ?

What is the PATTERN that Paul wrote in 1 Tim 1:16 and are you saying they are BOTH THE SAME , not SO !!

If you can not say what the PATTERN is you are inexperienced !!

dan p

Are you not capable of understanding English ? God has used Godly men to translate the manu-scripts for us, and you do yourself and others a great disservice the way you destroy the context of scripture.

I will not ignore the totality of scripture as do Madist I would prefer to stay open to God, open to being taught by the Holy Spirit,and being used for His purpose.

Coming from one that believes that Paul is the I AM your stock is far below being believed or trust worthy.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I make nothing up. One madist a while back posted that Paul was the I AM.
vs.
Naw, I have not made Paul a god like many of the Madist.

What you claim was given to Paul was preached and taught by Jesus and ALL of the Apostles.
Nope. 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Galatians 1:11-2 KJV

What is pathetic is how madist ignore and destroy the context of scripture except what Paul wrote.
Believing all of the Bible means what it says, as it says it and to whom is not pathetic. It's the attitude of a believer to take God at His word and allowing the Holy Ghost to teach us comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
You must be special you have already received the END of your faith? So I take it you are walking around in a glorified body right now ?
Their salvation is based upon what they do while ours is the gift of God. Get a clue would you?
FYI, the grace that should come to you in that verse is JESUS not Paul.
The grace that "should come unto" them is at the revelation of Jesus Christ, ie, the second coming! The church which is His Body won't even be here!

That we agree on those in Christ are saved when they place their faith in and FOLLOW Him.
The saved today are saved no matter what they do after that (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

There is NOT two gospels I am sorry you are so deceived and confused.
You seem to struggle with tenses. There are not two gospels today, but there most certainly are many gospels in the Bible. What is the gospel of YOUR salvation?

dodge

vs.

Nope. 1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV, Galatians 1:11-2 KJV

Believing all of the Bible means what it says, as it says it and to whom is not pathetic. It's the attitude of a believer to take God at His word and allowing the Holy Ghost to teach us comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV).

Yes, as a follower of Jesus TRUTH is always the desired end,and that is why I cannot agree with what is NOT there. There is only one Gospel and to dice, slice ,and tear God's word apart to follow what is NOT there is complete deception.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, as a follower of Jesus TRUTH is always the desired end,and that is why I cannot agree with what is NOT there. There is only one Gospel and to dice, slice ,and tear God's word apart to follow what is NOT there is complete deception.
You cannot "follow Jesus" today except to follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV unless of course you preach another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV). As to the gospel of your salvation, it must be rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)!

dodge

Their salvation is based upon what they do while ours is the gift of God. Get a clue would you?
The grace that "should come unto" them is at the revelation of Jesus Christ, ie, the second coming! The church which is His Body won't even be here!

The saved today are saved no matter what they do after that (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

You seem to struggle with tenses. There are not two gospels today, but there most certainly are many gospels in the Bible. What is the gospel of YOUR salvation?

How many Gospels are there in scripture that pertain to your or anyone's salvation ? I see one and His name is Jesus.

Why do Madist destroy the meaning and context of the Gospel ? It appears that is the only they can feel good in their error and deceptions.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, as a follower of Jesus TRUTH is always the desired end,
You couldn't and were never asked to follow Christ after the flesh. In fact, we were told not to know Christ after the flesh (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV). You do know that?

heir

TOL Subscriber
How many Gospels are there in scripture that pertain to your or anyone's salvation ? I see one and His name is Jesus.
There are several gospels in the Bible, but only one that is the gospel of our salvation.

dodge

You cannot "follow Jesus" today except to follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV unless of course you preach another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV). As to the gospel of your salvation, it must be rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)!

WRONG ! One can be saved NEVER hearing Paul's name ! The name above every name is Jesus NOT Paul. If a man/woman hears and believes the Grace message through faith that Jesus or any of the Apostles taught they can be saved never having heard of Paul.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Lord Jesus Christ is not an it, yet an "it" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (though no longer to the Jew first and also tot he Greek, but to all men).

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

What is "it"?

dodge

There are several gospels in the Bible, but only one that is the gospel of our salvation.
There is only ONE gospel in the whole bible pertaining to salvation, and it is JESUS. Isn't it disingenuous to use "gospels" when you know one is talking about salvation. Kind of muddies the water unnecessarily.

Sure it is good news if it rains and ends a drought= not the same context of eternal salvation.

It is good news if someone recovers from a deadly illness= not in context of eternal salvation.

It is good news if a starving man gets food= not in context of eternal salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
WRONG ! One can be saved NEVER hearing Paul's name !
Where did I say you couldn't be saved without hearing Paul's name? Your emotions are over the top ridiculous. Try and have an adult conversation. The gospel by which we are saved is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. That gospel is not after man, neither was Paul taught it, but it was given directly by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV), the dispensation of the gospel was committed to Paul (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) and Paul calls it "my gospel in three places (Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:8 KJV. I'm not sure why the very mention of Paul's name bothers you so. Take it up with God.

dodge

The Lord Jesus Christ is not an it, yet an "it" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (though no longer to the Jew first and also tot he Greek, but to all men).

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

What is "it"?

The "it" is the GRACE God provided through Jesus who paid the debt of sin for all that place their faith in His finished work as payment for the sin , and "it" is given to those those that place their faith in Him and follow Him.

heir

TOL Subscriber
WRONG ! One can be saved NEVER hearing Paul's name ! The name above every name is Jesus NOT Paul. If a man/woman hears and believes the Grace message through faith that Jesus or any of the Apostles taught they can be saved never having heard of Paul.
If anyone trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation: they got it from Paul :).

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Timothy 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

dodge

Where did I say you couldn't be saved without hearing Paul's name? Your emotions are over the top ridiculous. Try and have an adult conversation. The gospel by which we are saved is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. That gospel is not after man, neither was Paul taught it, but it was given directly by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV), the dispensation of the gospel was committed to Paul (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) and Paul calls it "my gospel in three places (Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:8 KJV. I'm not sure why the very mention of Paul's name bothers you so. Take it up with God.

lol, looks like your emotions are out of control you can't even remember what you type obviously !

YOU SAID:

You have it backwards NO ONE has to follow Paul. Paul said follow me as I follow Jesus. The object is NOT Paul it is Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The "it" is the GRACE God provided through Jesus who paid the debt of sin for all that place their faith in His finished work as payment for the sin , and "it" is given to those those that place their faith in Him and follow Him.
The "it" is the gospel of Christ. It says so right there in the verse!

The gospel of Christ is that "Christ died for our sins" and that He was buried and rose again the third day as declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Prior to Paul's receiving and preaching of it, it was a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) At the time Paul was first sent, the gospel of Christ was to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Today, it is the due time message of hope to all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), even to those of us who were in time past having no hope (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). Why it strikes a nerve with you is beyond me. You should praise the Lord for it!

heir

TOL Subscriber
lol, looks like your emotions are out of control you can't even remember what you type obviously !
I'm responding to your every over the top post. I never said you could not be saved without mentioning Paul's name. You said that. I said You cannot "follow Jesus" today except to follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV unless of course you preach another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV). As to the gospel of your salvation, it must be rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)!

You have it backwards NO ONE has to follow Paul. Paul said follow me as I follow Jesus. The object is NOT Paul it is Jesus.
You can't follow Jesus after the flesh. You cannot follow the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ unless you follow Paul in Romans through Philemon.

dodge

The "it" is the gospel of Christ. It says so right there in the verse!

The gospel of Christ is that "Christ died for our sins" and that He was buried and rose again the third day as declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Prior to Paul's receiving and preaching of it, it was a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) At the time Paul was first sent, the gospel of Christ was to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Today, it is the due time message of hope to all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), even to those of us who were in time past having no hope (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). Why it strikes a nerve with you is beyond me. You should praise the Lord for it!

I cut through the chase the IT ( GOSPEL ) provided and made available GRACE !

The mystery you claim only Paul revealed was revealed and taught by Jesus and the other Apostles. Sorry you cannot see or understand that. When Jesus taught the Gospel the meaning was hid for a time by God as scripture says.

The " nerve" you struck was the distortion and ignoring of everything except what Paul taught. I am grateful to God for Paul as I am ALL the Apostles and disciples that faithfully did as God told them to do.