ECT WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

Danoh

take as look at your title of the thread.

You remain confused about the administration that is in place during the events and instructions described in Matthew thru John.

1 - That economy or administraton was the Law of Moses.

Notice how early in Matthew this is...

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

And notice how late in Matthew He is still emphasizing living under the Law of Moses...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

2 - What did the Lord later reveal to and thru the Apostle of the Gentiles about what God had actually been doing thru those commands under the Law in Matthew thru John?

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

3-What else did the Lord also reveal later to and thru said Apostle of the Gentiles?

3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

As for sin on this side of all that?

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

What form of doctrine was that? See Romans 3:21-28 quoted hereinabove, in point #3.

Result?

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

Danoh

Nope, I just don't make simple gospel unnecessary complicated.

You mean oversimplification.

You only think you mean simple.

Simple refers to taking a thing as it is.

An oversimplification, on the other hand, is the opposite extreme of complicated, and refers to not having bothered to carefully examine a thing in light of the bigger picture.

I gave you the big picture.

Went right past you.

"Too complicated" you felt.

Okay. Fair enough, from where you are.

That just points to where you are.

1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

1 Corinthians 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Philippians 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

1 Thessalonians 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

1 Thessalonians 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Til our next round, then, precious in His sight, Meshak.

dodge

Hi and you are right , that CONTEXT confuses , many people , like you , let it complicate it !!

dan p

The only one confused is YOU.

I take it based on your OP you are not a follower of Jesus; consequently, nor are you of His flock then !

Jhn 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The only one confused is YOU.

I take it based on your OP you are not a follower of Jesus; consequently, nor are you of His flock then !

Jhn 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Exactly:first:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You mean oversimplification.

No, Danoh. Many of you make it so complicated. Christianity is mainly Jesus' word and following His teaching.

You don't have to be scholar to follow Jesus.

You cannot make mistake by trying to follow all His teachings.

His teachings are simple yet hard to practice if we are not willing to give up our own desires and worldliness.

Danoh

No, Danoh. Many of you make it so complicated. Christianity is mainly Jesus' word and following His teaching.

You cannot make mistake by trying to follow all His teachings.

His teachings are simple yet hard to practice if we are not willing to give up our own desires and worldliness.

I did note you are confused...

heir

TOL Subscriber
You cannot follow Christ today without following Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV). In your rejection of Paul's authority (Romans 11:13 KJV) and gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), you reject the Lord (John 13:20 KJV). You preach another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:4 KJV).

dodge

You cannot follow Christ today without following Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV). In your rejection of Paul's authority (Romans 11:13 KJV) and gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), you reject the Lord (John 13:20 KJV). You preach another Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:4 KJV).

Making Paul a pope is what is wrong with folks. Paul pointed other folks to Jesus. Without Jesus, Like every one else Paul would have busted hell wide open.

If anyone witness to a lost person ,and they are drawn by the Father to Jesus ,then guess what the person who witnessed to that lost person is their father in their new found faith. That is what Paul meant and you in your spiritual ignorance changed it to making Paul your father, and you are wrong. The person that witnessed the truth to you is your father in the faith.

How did Paul say these people were begotten ? That would be through the GOSPEL that Paul preached.

FYI, you can follow Jesus be born again and never hear the name of Paul. Paul taught what every Apostle of Jesus taught which is the Gospel of Jesus.

FYI, it is the Gospel of Jesus NOT the gospel of Paul.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

This is SO wrong . . .

Danoh

Yep - exactly :thumb:

Danoh

OK I will bite who the hell are you to tell someone else they are not saved ? Pretty big job playing GOD !

I follow Jesus ,and yes I am saved.

Lol - you call that a bite? More like a tearing off of his head :chuckle:

And Meshak believes in works for salvation, and works towards staying saved.

If you believe that also; then you are an enemy of the finished work of Christ just like she is in her own confusion.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK I will bite who the hell are you to tell someone else they are not saved ? Pretty big job playing GOD !

I follow Jesus ,and yes I am saved.

Rather obvious that if Dan does not follow Jesus that he is not saved