Why Hell is Going to be Full of Religious People

Robert Pate

Banned
Doing the will of God is the most rewarding thing anyone can ever do:

Matthew 19:28 -30

28 Jesus said to them, ”Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

I pray you find your true destiny in Christ Jesus.

God's will for your life is that you believe in his Son Jesus Christ.

WatchmanOnTheWall

God's will for your life is that you believe in his Son Jesus Christ.
For non-Christians yes, but for Christians we have an opportunity to earn eternal rewards. These are very real rewards but if we ignore that then we'll always wonder what could have been if I'd only tried to fulfil my destiny in Christ. When you get your calling it gives your life direction like you've never known because it comes from God rather than yourself.

WatchmanOnTheWall

:carryon:

So David was also favoured by God because he was obedient to God:

Acts 13:22
After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'

Just as Mary was was obedient to God:

Luke 1:34-38
34“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” 35The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be calledb the Son of God. 36Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37For no word from God will ever fail.” "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May your word to me be fulfilled." Then the angel left her.

God favours those who are not only obedient to not His Laws but particularly those who can hear God speak and do as He says. This is a rare gift.

WatchmanOnTheWall

But Joseph didn't want to until God told him to (via a messenger):

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

So Joseph was obedient to God too and so their marriage was put together by God. In a marriage God should come first then the spouse.

Epoisses

Obedience is realizing that you are a sinner and incapable of any good thing. Every night when I watch the news and poor Johnnie dies in the streets his mama will say what a good boy he was and how he never hurt anyone. Johnnie was an unrepentant sinner and so was his mama!

WatchmanOnTheWall

Obedience is realizing that you are a sinner and incapable of any good thing. Every night when I watch the news and poor Johnnie dies in the streets his mama will say what a good boy he was and how he never hurt anyone. Johnnie was an unrepentant sinner and so was his mama!

Not to be a pedant but:

obedience
noun
compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another's authority.

I think the realisation that one is a sinner and incapable of any good thing is an 'epiphany'.

Sorry:geek:

Epoisses

Not to be a pedant but:

obedience
noun
compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another's authority.

I think the realisation that one is a sinner and incapable of any good thing is an 'epiphany'.

Sorry :)

Captain of the grammar team are you a sinner or not?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said that he was... "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

If Paul confessed that he was the chief of sinners, where does that leave you and me?

It means we're not the chief of sinners. So what is your point?