Why Hell is Going to be Full of Religious People

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Its a good day if you believe that Jesus saves. Its a bad day if you think that you are justified by your works or your religion.

It is the other way around, friend.

You will not inherit God's kingdom if you keep boasting your unfaithfulness.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So you believe that God will recognize what a good Christian you are and save you?

I hope so. I am trying to be a good Christian. Only Jesus can tell me I was a good servant when the time comes.

But I can tell you that if your don't even try to be faithful to Jesus, you are mocking God and will not inherit the kingdom.

clefty

Jesus didn't need to be saved. He was the sinless Son of God.

Wait wut?

At what point was He sinless?

He couldn't sin?

Oh boy...guess Satan was really not a temptation after all then...and why the agony in the Garden? Why the need to go to the Father to be validated as sufficient first fruit?

If it all was preplanned and determined as successful-not much of a sacrifice at all...no risk at all...

Robert Pate

Banned
Wait wut?

At what point was He sinless?

He couldn't sin?

Oh boy...guess Satan was really not a temptation after all then...and why the agony in the Garden? Why the need to go to the Father to be validated as sufficient first fruit?

If it all was preplanned and determined as successful-not much of a sacrifice at all...no risk at all...

Jesus was not born after Adam as we are. He was born after God. He had to be sinless to save us, God only accepts a perfect atonement for the sins of the world. Because Jesus was human as well as God, he suffered temptations just like we do, but because he was God he had the power to overcome sin, death and the devil.

WatchmanOnTheWall

John 6:29
Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgement.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15
11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

So what works are those that will count as our reward?

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Jesus gave a teaching about how we can earn eternal rewards:

The Parable of the Ten Minas

11While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.a ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’

14“But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’

15“He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16“The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

17“ ‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

18“The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

19“His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

20“Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

22“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

24“Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

25“ ‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

26“He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’ ”

So what do the Minas represent?

WatchmanOnTheWall

The Mina represents what Jesus gives to those who believe in Him, they are our gifts of the Spirit; Prophecy, serving, teaching, exhortation, giving, leadership, mercy, words of wisdom, words of knowledge, faith, gifts of healings, miracles, distinguishing between spirits, tongues and interpretation of tongues, Bible interpretation, administration.

If we do not try to find out what our gifts our and put them to good use then then we'd better look out:

Luke 12:47-48
47“The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Knowing and using our gifts helps us to learn what Jesus' will for our lives will be. Once you become proficient in using your gifts Jesus will then reveal to you His plan that He has for your life and How it fits into His plan for the World. This is your calling!

Achieving any of your calling will result in receiving rewards. The rest of our works are our own human works that will be burned up.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Doing the will of God is the most rewarding thing anyone can ever do:

Matthew 19:28 -30

28 Jesus said to them, ”Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

I pray you find your true destiny in Christ Jesus.