ECT Why God sent Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've given it to you many times.

You must have a bad memory, or a selective memory.

(Rom 10:9) If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There you go GM, it's really that simple. Anyone can be saved without even reading 1 Cor 15: 1-4. All they need is Rom 10:9

Then, why is it that you have some very strange theories, such as,
Christ already returned to earth in 70AD in the form of the Roman
army? You're not exactly a fundamentalist type of true believer, are
you?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then, why is it that you have some very strange theories, such as,
Christ already returned to earth in 70AD in the form of the Roman
army?

I never said in the "form" of the Roman army

The wrath upon the unbelieving Jews and the destruction of the temple was prophesied by Christ Jesus, and He made it clear it would happen to the generation of His contemporaries before they all passed away.

That's exactly what happened in 70AD

You're not exactly a fundamentalist type of true believer, are
you?

What is a "fundamentalist type of true believer"?

What is as a "true" believer.

There are two types of people on the planet, believers and unbelievers.

All your adjectives before the word "believer" are pointless.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A true believer is one who has, heard the Grace Message, (Paul's Gospel) placed
all their faith in Christ as their Savior, been indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit
and been baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit and
received the righteousness of Christ. That's the definition of a "True Believer."

TeT, I highly doubt that you and your ilk (which are many) are True Believers
and destined for eternal life? Otherwise, you would reject your false doctrines
and truly accept the truths of God's written Word.

Right Divider

Body part
You missed the main point of quoting Isaiah in Acts 8. Have you ever read Is 53? That's what he was reading.
I have. I've read lots of Israel's prophets preaching to Israel. What is you point?

And then there's v35 if you can be bothered with it.
My THIRD bullet pointer refers to it. Do you know how to read?

Let's try to be professional here and do our homework.
I am, you're not.

Once AGAIN, where does Philip tell the eunuch about Christ's DEATH FOR SIN? It is CLEARLY missing from this passage. But you've got a "story" that you have to keep with, so you'll ignore this important detail.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A true believer is one who has, heard the Grace Message, (Paul's Gospel) placed
all their faith in Christ as their Savior, been indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit
and been baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit and
received the righteousness of Christ. That's the definition of a "True Believer."

Made up.

Nowhere in the Bible will you find such "true believer" nonsense.

All you are doing is proving MADists are cult-like.

Danoh

Don't concern yourself about others. Keep an eye on yourself.
Personally, I don't call fellow posters: "Anti-Christ servants of
Satan." Do you? Are you insinuating that the Mods are bias?

"They should have never let him get away with that; they should have stopped him at Munich" - Mob Capo Pete Clemenza, to Michael Corleone, Godfather 1, about what had been allowed to go too far without objection, let alone; strong action against it.

"This witness is true" - the Apostle Paul.

Right Divider

Body part
Wow!!!......what fantastic debating skills you have.

How will we ever be able to attain to your level?

Please teach us more of these skills you have?
Tellalie loves to run his mouth (or keyboard, in this case).

Did you even read the post? Apparently not!

IP was claiming that I did not address the fact that Philip "preached Jesus from Isaiah 53", which WAS referred to in my THIRD bullet point.

You're just a sorry lost "sheep". Get saved!

Danoh

No, it is not. What LA said was pure speculation and it not supported by scripture.

Note a few things about this passage:

• The eunuch "had come to Jerusalem for to worship".
    He was either a dispersed Israelite or a proselyte.
  • He was reading Isaiah, a prophet of Israel.
  • Philip "preached unto him Jesus"
    Doesn't mention that he told the eunuch that Jesus died for this sins.
  • After this "preaching of Jesus", when the eunuch declared his faith, he said "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
    Once again, no mention of death for sin.
This is ALL in line with the teaching of Jesus to the twelve, etc.
This is NOT in line with the preaching of the CROSS, per Paul.

That Jesus Christ is the Son of God is NOT the same good news that He died for our sins.

Spot on, RD. Great post. Just goes to show Mid-Acts is not just a few verses memorized as some would assert. Rather...

"All Scripture" 2 Tim. 3:15, in light of 2 Tim. 2:15's "rightly dividing the word of truth."

Genesis thru Revelation in light of Romans thru Philemon.

Last edited:

DAN P

Why God sent Paul.

Very simple reasons.

God did not want to build a Jewish Church, and He did not want to build a Gentile Church.

It was important from the outset that the Church at Samaria was not a separate church to that which began at Jerusalem so the Holy Spirit did not fall on them until the apostles came down to them.

It was important to God that others than the apostles spoke to men like the Ethiopian so that it could not be said that the Apostles of Jerusalem had some authority of their own over what became the Church in Ethiopea.

etc.

But what do we have here?

Maidists want it that the Church be divided and even under different gospels.

That sin will have its reward.

However the true Church is not divided.

Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

LA

Hi and it is found in one verse in Gal 1:15 and reads ;

But when it PLEASED the one having SEPARATED me from my mothers womb , and having CALLED ( me ) by Grace !!

#1, The Greek word PLEASED is in the AORIST TENSE or Past tense and this happened in 2 years AFTER Jesus birth or in the book of Matthew !!

#2 , Paul was SEPARATED from his mother's womb or in the AOTIST TENSE or in the Pasg tense in Matthew !!

#3 , And Paul was CALLED , also in the AORIST TENSE or Past tense by Grace and leaves the Acts 13 and Acts 28 in the COLD and they believe that Paul was saved in the Kingdom Program !!

So , we then have 2 MORE Mid-Acts positions , like Acts 9 , Acts 11 , Acts 13 , Acts 28 , Mid-Gal or for some a Mid -Matthew position , so which is it ??

dan p

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"They should have never let him get away with that; they should have stopped him at Munich" - Mob Capo Pete Clemenza, to Michael Corleone, Godfather 1, about what had been allowed to go too far without objection, let alone; strong action against it.

"This witness is true" - the Apostle Paul.

Last edited:

Danoh

Your post doesn't make any sense? Typical of you
and your ilk. Let me take a wild guess though?

I'd guess since LA was calling me an "anti-Christ
servant of Satan," you just might be, "subtly"
comparing me to Hitler and that I should be
stopped? It's just a guess? You wouldn't have
the guts to compare me to Hitler though, because
you'd get banned I might assume?

Am I close or is it just a wild guess?

Nope. NOT comparing you to Hitler. NOT by a long shot.

Wasn't even talking about him, nor about a movie, nor about any of that.

Was talking about a principle. When Pete was talking to Michael about that, he too was not actually talking about that.

He was talking a principle.

As a leader of men, he sensed "Mikey" was a bit aprehensive about what he was about to go and do. He was reminding him via that example that sometimes things just needed to be nipped in the bud. That what had to be stopped before it ended up where it was clearly headed had to be put a stop to.

In other words, at their origin, before they, as Paul would say "wax worse and worse."

This is the issue in Romans 6-8.

Don't allow sin to dominate like that; as it will end up being master.

Just look at how far some of you have allowed your flesh to dictate how you are to conduct your selves when dealing with someone as opposed - actually to himself - as Tet.

This is not about you. This is not about me. This is not about ANY of us.

This is about Him.

No, not compromise, but UNMERITED Grace towards those who appear to least deserve it.

About our side of Romans 5:8 towards others in our dealings with them.

My apology for my miscommunication, as I often talk in principles.

Paul does also - big time!

Its why so few understand what he means when he says one thing or another. "Oh, so this means I am Israel," etc.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope. NOT comparing you to Hitler. NOT by a long shot.

Wasn't even talking about him, nor about a movie, nor about any of that.

Was talking about a principle. When Pete was talking to Michael about that, he too was not actually talking about that.

He was talking a principle.

As a leader of men, he sensed "Mikey" was a bit aprehensive about what he was about to go and do. He was reminding him via that example that sometimes things just needed to be nipped in the bud. That what had to be stopped before it ended up where it was clearly headed had to be put a stop to.

In other words, at their origin, before they, as Paul would say "wax worse and worse."

This is the issue in Romans 6-8.

Don't allow sin to dominate like that; as it will end up being master.

Just look at how far some of you have allowed your flesh to dictate how you are to conduct your selves when dealing with someone as opposed - actually to himself - as Tet.

This is not about you. This is not about me. This is not about ANY of us.

This is about Him.

No, not compromise, but UNMERITED Grace towards those who appear to least deserve it.

About our side of Romans 5:8 towards others in our dealings with them.

My apology for my miscommunication, as I often talk in principles.

Paul does also - big time!

Its why so few understand what he means when he says one thing or another. "Oh, so this means I am Israel," etc.

Good post. I respect your words.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Um.....you should really take a look in a mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.