ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Patrick jane...

Dude... if you can grasp this, you are indeed a man after my own heart! The old Jewish theologians speculated Lamech killed Cain, but that notion is lost in antiquity. I ran across such searching out my theory in the literature, and that's as close as I could get to anyone else considering such. I don't hold much faith in Jewish renderings of the OT, but even a blind wild hawg will find an acorn every now and then.

I'd never heard this before... but, the pieces of the puzzle do fit together rather amazingly. I've never heard the notion the mark of Cain was merely anonymity, quite original. Cain was worried someone would find him and kill him, even though God didn't invoke the death penalty for premeditated murder. God loosened the reins that Cain could mingle after Cain begged for mercy... but, God made it clear that if Cain decided to procreate, then Cain punched the clock on his death sentence: Sevenfold generations.

Lamech, sevenfold generations from Satan, even named his son Tubal-cain in memoriam (my theory, also) to his beloved grandfather, Cain (Genesis 4:22 KJV). Now, if you're willing to consider such, I proffer only ONE of Cain's descendants got a ticket for a cruise. Thereby, God fulfilled His promise to Cain that extended anonymity to Cain's descendant (only one) via Lamech's execution of Cain, for a total of 77 generations inclusively. Jesus WAS the 77fold generation from Almighty God, inclusively (Luke 3:38-23). Utterly blew me away when I counted these generations... quite original, btw. There was only one descendant of Cain who got a ticket for a cruise... and I proffer she was Naamah, Lamech's daughter (Genesis 4:22 KJV). I proffer Naamah was the unnamed wife of Ham, and she was the grandmother of Nimrod, king of Babel, if that raises any red flags (Genesis 10:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11).

Furthermore, I proffer Naamah was pregnant before the ark launched, and Ham was not the father. The ark didn't stay afloat long enough for Naamah to give birth on the ark. Her descendant Asshur (Genesis 10:11 KJV) is the 'father' of the Assyrians. Asshur is the only male mentioned in Genesis 10 whose father is not explicitly identified, interestingly! And, Ezekiel was asked about Pharaoh in Ezekiel 31:1, 2, Ezekiel 31:3 KJV, Ezekiel 31:8, 9. I've not done the math to see if Asshur could have actually been THE wicked Pharaoh... but, Seth lived 912 years before the flood. I'm not sure how many years passed between the ark, and the arrival of the wicked Pharaoh in Egypt... but 900 years is quite a while! Food for thought...

Like I've said... I kinda like the Bible SyFy, unbridled quest for truth, exploring all options.

Thanks for your post, Patrick Jane!

kayaker

Complete foolishness.

kayaker

Where does the bible say that Cain was killed?

Yea I thought so. Nowhere!😀

Neither the manners of death, nor the longevities of Cain or any of his descendants is captured in Genesis. And, Cain was a MAJOR character in Genesis! Such testifies to the mark of Cain being anonymity. Therefore, unless you consider Lamech's testimony in Genesis 4:23 KJV being some random event... What was the purpose of that verse in the grand scheme of things? God promised anonymity to Cain such that Cain wouldn't be found out and killed. Since you don't know who Lamech killed... how do you know Lamech's victim wasn't Cain?

Yea, I thought so... you don't. The fact that Lamech's victim is unnamed is another testimony to God's mark of anonymity whether or not you recognize Cain being Lamech's victim. Well, if your rabbi said such... you surrender your God-given spiritual curiosity to the one whose feet you wash with your tears, and dry with your hair.

The Bible doesn't say, rather MOSES doesn't specifically say, how Cain was killed. That's a matter for the Holy Spirit... I can only toss this out. It's not my JOB to convince you of the truth. It's your job to explore the Scriptures with unbridled curiosity, and corroborate your imaginations with further Scripture. Your ASV translation of Genesis 4:23 ASV is quite different than the KJV in Genesis 4:23 KJV. Might give biblehub.com a look to view the various translations on that particular verse. You owe it to yourself, not me.

Genesis 4:23 KJV is one of SEVERAL pivotal verses that are re-translated in other versions. I'm not a KJV-onlyist... but, I do prefer the KJV. You will NOT gather my rendering of Genesis 4:23 KJV from your ASV translation. So, you might want to confirm your source before suggesting my rendering is unfounded!

kayaker

kayaker

Complete foolishness.

ASV-onlyism is less than wise, ITJ. Who is the explicitly named father of Asshur in Genesis 10:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, KJV? And, you submit the Bible doesn't say? Well... what happened to your curiosity? God doesn't always scream at us. We ask questions reading Scripture, and we seek answers in the Scriptures. Your answers only come from your rabbi. Truth is greater than the sum of all knowledge, and we get to truth asking questions. Do you think all is known about the Bible that can possibly be known? Then, what are you waiting for?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
If you’re a Christian, Paul says to us all, the Spirit is dwelling in you. What more can He do than dwell? Can He double-dwell or triple-dwell?”

Cross Reference

If you’re a Christian, Paul says to us all, the Spirit is dwelling in you. What more can He do than dwell? Can He double-dwell or triple-dwell?”

Has you life been changed by His indwelling that folk would know you are Christian? The testimony of a Christian is by his life being lived out blessing God.

jsjohnnt

Has you life been changed by His indwelling that folk would know you are Christian? The testimony of a Christian is by his life being lived out blessing God.
Yes, of course, but that "living out" is by and through the Holy Spirit of God. God's "indwelling" is our very ontology as Christians.

Cross Reference

Yes, of course, but that "living out" is by and through the Holy Spirit of God. God's "indwelling" is our very ontology as Christians.

Indeed it is and must be that His life be propagated first in us before it can ever make an impact in the life of anyone else. Words are empty without His life exhibited from ours. I believe the single word is "holiness".

OMT: Jesus was indwelt by the Holy Spirit and was given the responsibilty to protect that LIFE. We, who are born again, are given no less the responsibity to perform as Jesus did. Satan wanted that LIFE destroyed in Jesus. He wants to do the same in us.

God's Truth

ASV-onlyism is less than wise, ITJ. Who is the explicitly named father of Asshur in Genesis 10:6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, KJV? And, you submit the Bible doesn't say? Well... what happened to your curiosity? God doesn't always scream at us. We ask questions reading Scripture, and we seek answers in the Scriptures. Your answers only come from your rabbi. Truth is greater than the sum of all knowledge, and we get to truth asking questions. Do you think all is known about the Bible that can possibly be known? Then, what are you waiting for?

The Bible says not to add or subtract; not to lean to the left or to the right; and not to go beyond what is written.

You are a fictional writer making trash, and that is all.

You are in competition with some other fantasy writers who disobey God.

kayaker

Agreed, CR.

It's been a few years since I raised someone from the dead. The problem is not the 'holiness', it's the HOLIER than THOU attitude conveyed by those charismatics who profess to have exclusive rights space-docking with God. That was the same attitude the Pharisees had only their exclusive rights were ancestral... consider Nicodemus in John 3:1, 3, 4, 5... Nicodemus was asking Jesus how a Gentile, for instance, can be returned to his mother's womb, and be born a Jew. So... how can anyone who exhibits tongue-speak be any more a Christian than another.

Sure, CR...

I think the last code I ran, maybe the two or three before... sure. Codes get to the point of routine we also discuss what happened at the last ball game with one another while raising the dead, not even a sweat. So, charismatics can heal... GOT CPR? Every church should have a defibrillator, and a member present who knows CPR.

You'd be surprised how often on Sunday mornings across the U.S. when someone 'caught up in the spirit' stroked out (hypertensive bleed) and wound up in the ICU. One charismatic teen son of a charismatic was thought to have 'fallen out in the spirit' during Sunday service... but they called 911 when the teen started turning blue... new onset grand mal seizures, interesting case.

Now, try speaking to the families about what happened without speaking in tongues, speak plainly to them, they are afraid and need to hear through the medical-speak... So, what exactly was Nicodemus saying to Jesus? I suppose the scenario I suggest is totally glossed-over by those zealously seeking John 3:5 KJV. Nicodemus was unknowingly and arrogantly asking Jesus how a non-Jew can return to his mother's womb and be 'born again' a Jew. You're suggesting one who tongue-speaks is 'born again', superior to the great unwashed. But, you've been drinking the koolaid for so long... only a third party listener can possibly grasp the association.

kayaker

jsjohnnt

Agreed, CR.

It's been a few years since I raised someone from the dead. The problem is not the 'holiness', it's the HOLIER than THOU attitude conveyed by those charismatics who profess to have exclusive rights space-docking with God. That was the same attitude the Pharisees had only their exclusive rights were ancestral... consider Nicodemus in John 3:1, 3, 4, 5... Nicodemus was asking Jesus how a Gentile, for instance, can be returned to his mother's womb, and be born a Jew. So... how can anyone who exhibits tongue-speak be any more a Christian than another.

Sure, CR...

I think the last code I ran, maybe the two or three before... sure. Codes get to the point of routine we also discuss what happened at the last ball game with one another while raising the dead, not even a sweat. So, charismatics can heal... GOT CPR? Every church should have a defibrillator, and a member present who knows CPR.

You'd be surprised how often on Sunday mornings across the U.S. when someone 'caught up in the spirit' stroked out (hypertensive bleed) and wound up in the ICU. One charismatic teen son of a charismatic was thought to have 'fallen out in the spirit' during Sunday service... but they called 911 when the teen started turning blue... new onset grand mal seizures, interesting case.

Now, try speaking to the families about what happened without speaking in tongues, speak plainly to them, they are afraid and need to hear through the medical-speak... So, what exactly was Nicodemus saying to Jesus? I suppose the scenario I suggest is totally glossed-over by those zealously seeking John 3:5 KJV. Nicodemus was unknowingly and arrogantly asking Jesus how a non-Jew can return to his mother's womb and be 'born again' a Jew. You're suggesting one who tongue-speaks is 'born again', superior to the great unwashed. But, you've been drinking the koolaid for so long... only a third party listener can possibly grasp the association.

kayaker
And you would be laughing, poking funny, and yucking it up with your buds, had you lived down the street from the Corinthian assembly . . . . and for precisely the same reasons.

jsjohnnt

Indeed it is and must be that His life be propagated first in us before it can ever make an impact in the life of anyone else. Words are empty without His life exhibited from ours. I believe the single word is "holiness".

OMT: Jesus was indwelt by the Holy Spirit and was given the responsibilty to protect that LIFE. We, who are born again, are given no less the responsibity to perform as Jesus did. Satan wanted that LIFE destroyed in Jesus. He wants to do the same in us.
Some how, I am thinking we are not talking about the same thing, but, in fact, I agree with you have just written.

kayaker

And you would be laughing, poking funny, and yucking it up with your buds, had you lived down the street from the Corinthian assembly . . . . and for precisely the same reasons.

Charismatic arrogance deserves to be mocked... spiritual terrorists. HEEEYulllll, PuhRize Gaaaawd... I've indeed chugged a few suds with my buds after work... atheists included, Catholics... even an infidel Muslim. You know... the great unwashed publicans. Got an AED (defibrillator) in your church? Or... is that a bit hypocritical? What about your church, CR?

What you've obviously not figured out is the Corinthians (1Corinthians 5:1) were practicing son-mother ritual incest as a form of flesh reincarnation... you know... 'born again' like Nicodemus? Btw, they also sacrificed and ate the genetic misfit progeny of said fornication (Revelation 2:20 KJV, Revelation 2:21 KJV, Revelation 2:22 KJV, Revelation 2:23 KJV, Revelation 2:24 KJV). So, are you 'born again' JSJ? Pop a noodle in your noggin, and call CR... to hell with CPR!

I honor DNR requests on a routine basis. Charismatics are spiritual DNR's.

kayaker

jsjohnnt

Charismatic arrogance deserves to be mocked... spiritual terrorists. HEEEYulllll, PuhRize Gaaaawd... I've indeed chugged a few suds with my buds after work... atheists included, Catholics... even an infidel Muslim. You know... the great unwashed publicans. Got an AED (defibrillator) in your church? Or... is that a bit hypocritical? What about your church, CR?

What you've obviously not figured out is the Corinthians (1Corinthians 5:1) were practicing son-mother ritual incest as a form of flesh reincarnation... you know... 'born again' like Nicodemus? Btw, they also sacrificed and ate the genetic misfit progeny of said fornication (Revelation 2:20 KJV, Revelation 2:21 KJV, Revelation 2:22 KJV, Revelation 2:23 KJV, Revelation 2:24 KJV). So, are you 'born again' JSJ? Pop a noodle in your noggin, and call CR... to hell with CPR!

I honor DNR requests on a routine basis. Charismatics are spiritual DNR's.

kayaker
And what you have not figured out, sir, is the how and why of Paul's solution to the tongues speaking issue/problem in Corinth . . . . or maybe you do not believe the biblical record has any bearing (ICor 11 thru 14). I do.

The incest of which you speak, has nothing to do with Paul's teaching on tongues. So why are you bringing it up, or maybe, you have not sobered up after the last time you were out with your buds.

Last edited:

DAN P

You could claim that scripture, that Jesus Christ, that God himself is not for today for the same reasons!

Hi and the HOLY SPIRIT Himself said it is written and did not make mistakes as what you wrote and only those who question God are wrong as the HOLY SPIRIT said " IT IS WRITTEN " is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and Indicative Mood .

The Holy SPIRIT had man write and it is perfect , except man Interprets wrong , as you believe that Christ is not God and that is a DEATH SENTENCE and will not like the Eternal sentence !!

dan p

jsjohnnt

It is your loss.
How does your comment (above) amend anything I have written per this quote:

"To be clear, we are not saved "in" (en) but "into" (eis) Christ . . . . . Sadly, I cannot debate the ignorant. The NT message was written in Greek. And you do not know what the text says, if you refuse to confirm our translations (KJV, NASV, EV, RSV etc.) . There are plenty of fairly non-technical aids that help when we want to search out the meaning of the gk wording, ourselves. The fact remains that we are to be found "into" Christ. That is what the text says in Gal 3:26,27, that we are baptized into Christ. Significant because baptism is one of several paths "into" Christ, where the blessings of salvation are to be found. In Romans 10:10 we confess INTO salvation, wording that renders "salvation" a living reality, not a propositional declaration. In John 14:1 we believe into God, again, making it clear that we are alive and well in God. I could go on, but the readers see my point, hopefully, whether you do or not."

jsjohnnt

Hi and the HOLY SPIRIT Himself said it is written and did not make mistakes as what you wrote and only those who question God are wrong as the HOLY SPIRIT said " IT IS WRITTEN " is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and Indicative Mood .

The Holy SPIRIT had man write and it is perfect , except man Interprets wrong , as you believe that Christ is not God and that is a DEATH SENTENCE and will not like the Eternal sentence !!

dan p
I am a believer in the witness of the written word, but I am curious as to how you arrive at your explanation regarding the work of the Holy Spirit in the writing of the biblical message.

Aimiel

Hi to all , and here is the MAIN reasons that so-called TONGUES are not for today !
Because you've redacted I Corinthians 14:39 from your Bible?

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. I Corinthians 14:39

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Many Charismatics learn how to speak in “tongues” (gibberish) by imitating others in their church or at a conference

God's Truth

How does your comment (above) amend anything I have written per this quote:

"To be clear, we are not saved "in" (en) but "into" (eis) Christ . . . . . Sadly, I cannot debate the ignorant. The NT message was written in Greek. And you do not know what the text says, if you refuse to confirm our translations (KJV, NASV, EV, RSV etc.) . There are plenty of fairly non-technical aids that help when we want to search out the meaning of the gk wording, ourselves. The fact remains that we are to be found "into" Christ. That is what the text says in Gal 3:26,27, that we are baptized into Christ. Significant because baptism is one of several paths "into" Christ, where the blessings of salvation are to be found. In Romans 10:10 we confess INTO salvation, wording that renders "salvation" a living reality, not a propositional declaration. In John 14:1 we believe into God, again, making it clear that we are alive and well in God. I could go on, but the readers see my point, hopefully, whether you do or not."

Some translations have one scripture better translated than another.

However, Jesus gives UNDERSTANDING to those who obey him.

We do not have to learn Greek, or study words in Greek to know God's Truth. YOU HAVE TO OBEY JESUS TO KNOW HIS TRUTH.

That is what the Bible says.