ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

God's Truth

Speak to God in English.

You could CRY AND MOAN and the Holy Spirit understands and turns it into words to God. However, do not speak gibberish and call it a gift. God does not turn our gibberish into supernatural language.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is an excellent point and question.

A Gentile is one that did not have a speaking relationship with God. The Gentiles were excluded and without God in the world because of their behavior; they did not obey God's commands.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision " by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- 12remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.…

Is a 'Gentile' always just a light skinned person, or a person not blood related by the way of Abraham? That is a question that should not matter.

We are told that we are children of Abraham if we have faith; faith with obedience.

We are told that a Jew is one inwardly.

We have a good idea what the people in this part of the country look like. Is that what this is about? We know that Abraham came from Shem, and that is where the Semites come. The Semites spoke Hebrew and Aramaic.

We have a good idea what these people look like.

Acts 17:…26and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, 27that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.'…

It is always about seeking God. Solomon's father was David, and yet, Solomon was still told to seek God. Seeking God is a very personal matter.

How do we seek God?

We seek God by getting Jesus' teachings.

How do we find God?

We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

So what teachings did you obey to find God.

LA

God's Truth

So what teachings did you obey to find God.

LA

I searched for God with all my heart. I got Jesus' teachings and started to obey them. I feared God, and became as a child and humbled myself, admitted I was a sinner, was sorry for my sins, confessed them and repented of them. I forgave everyone who sinned against me. I stopped doubting, and refused to be as those who give up. I proved my repentance by stopping a sin I was living; and I called on Jesus to help me.

I did exactly as Jesus said and he saved me.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I searched for God with all my heart. I got Jesus' teachings and started to obey them. I feared God, and became as a child and humbled myself, admitted I was a sinner, was sorry for my sins, confessed them and repented of them. I forgave everyone who sinned against me. I stopped doubting, and refused to be as those who give up. I proved my repentance by stopping a sin I was living; and I called on Jesus to help me.

Did you obey Acts 2:38 or the way all the others found God in Acts.

LA

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

Faith precedes regeneration is false doctrine. You just boasted.

God's Truth

You are preaching something that is NOWHERE in the Bible.

Regeneration is when we are saved and receive the Holy Spirit.

You are teaching that God saves unbelievers.

That is a doctrine from the pits of hell.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The disciples of Jesus believed before they were born from above.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

LA

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You are preaching something that is NOWHERE in the Bible.

Regeneration is when we are saved and receive the Holy Spirit.

You are teaching that God saves unbelievers.

That is a doctrine from the pits of hell.

God does things simultaneously. Instant grace

jsjohnnt

The disciples of Jesus believed before they were born from above.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

LA
It is the faith of Christ that saves, not our own faith. Does our faith play a role in our lives as men and women of God? Of course. But, in the end, our righteousness (and I include our "faith") is as filthy rags before the Lord.

Also, the vegetarian in Romans 14, was doctrinally wrong, but saved. His faith was "weak" because it was wrongly held. I suggest to you, that he was saved by the faith of Christ, therefore, him being wrong did not defeat the work of Christ in his life.

Also, the man in Romans 2:13 - 16 had the opportunity of salvation, when Christ judges the conscience of men. And this is significant because this man had no knowledge of God's law, and had never heard of Jesus as savior . . . . salvation before personal faith, but not before the Faith of Christ.

Finally, Habakukuk 2:4, speaking of the times of Christ, says this: "And the righteous shall live by his faith" speaking of Christ.

kayaker

The scripture says that Noah lay uncovered in the tent, not Ham's mother. The two other brothers physically walked backward so that they did not see their father’s nakedness. They literally took a garment to cover their father. The scripture does not say anything about their father’s wife, as Leviticus mentions the wife of a father. The scripture mentions nothing about Ham sleeping with his mother.

What’s the problem with Noah being naked in HIS tent? Not THE tent… Noah’s sons had wives, and surely they had their own tents (Genesis 9:27 KJV).

Besides Ham, and likely his wife, do you think Noah was alone in HIS TENT?

What the Sam daylights was Ham doing in his PARENT’s tent when Noah and his wife, HAM’s MOTHER, were laid up passed out, blind drunk, and butt-naked in the FIRST PLACE? Leviticus 18:8 KJV.

The Jews render Ham sodomized Noah and castrated him, while you teach elementary age kids their nakedness, their God-given genitals, are BAD, BAD things in your shame-based theology. Got some Freudian shame going on there?

I have already explained that Corinthians does not back your story, for the man sleeping with his father’s wife does NOT make it automatically his mother. The reason Gentiles are mentioned is not because of anything you think Ham did with his mother.

You already can’t understand a father’s wife CAN be the same as the son’s mother in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV. So… which is it? You obviously never met Japheth, the ‘father’ of the Gentiles who walked into NOAH’s tent covered and backwards (Genesis 9:23, 27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV, first use of this title). Your obvious lack of truth requires a little shoring up with your obvious willful ignorance. WHO IS THE ‘FATHER’ OF THE GENTILES?

The Bible usually mentions the children’s mother to whom they are born. You are making up things that are not there. The sons Abraham had with Keturah ARE ABRAHAM’s SONS. They are Abraham’s seed. As is Ishmael from Hagar.

Got Scripture? Consider Ezra’s reckoning in 1Chronicles 1:28 KJV v. 1Chronicles 1:32 KJV. Paul wrote, “For it is written, that Abraham had TWO SONS, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman” (Galatians 4:22 KJV). I missed your unsupported claim. In Romans 9:6 KJV, Romans 9:7 KJV, Paul was reflecting on Moses’ (Genesis 25:4 KJV) and Ezra’s (1Chronicles 1:28) mentions, including Abraham’s funeral in Genesis 25:9 KJV. Where were “Abraham’s seed” during Abraham’s funeral (Genesis 25:4 KJV)? I guess you gave them a ‘stay-at-home sick’ pass. Keturah’s sons didn’t even receive gifts from Abraham that even Abraham’s benign sons via concubines received (Genesis 25:6 KJV).

You are trying to make a difference between Abraham’s seed and Abraham’s children.

Paul made this distinction in Romans 9:6 KJV, Romans 9:7 KJV, and Galatians 4:22 KJV, but you just can’t hear this. Paul simply affirmed Jesus’s Words in John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV, but you just can’t hear this distinction. Paul and Jesus simply affirmed Moses words in Genesis 25:4 KJV, and Ezra’s words in 1Chronicles 1:28 KJV, 1Chronicles 1:32 KJV, but you just can’t hear this distinction. Paul, Jesus, Moses, and Ezra support distinction between Abraham’s progeny via different co-progenitors. Every single poster on this thread understands the concept of faith… Paul distinguished through WHICH of Abraham’s progeny GOD’s PROMISE would arrive, AND through WHOM Messiah would NOT arrive (Romans 9:6, 7), speaking of endless genealogies (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:41 KJV).

Yet, JESUS IS THE SEED FROM ABRAHAM!

I already DECLARED twice to you and this audience that Matthew BEGAN the New Testament with Matthew 1:1 KJV. Are you coming around? Not hardly… You’re at least two thousand years late on the scene with such a profound revelation.

Jesus explains that if one does like Abraham, then that makes Abraham their father. If one does wrong, then that makes the devil their father.

John 8:12-47 was about literal fathers (John 8:13 KJV, John 8:14 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:41 KJV, John 8:44 KJV). Your theology opens the door for YOU to know good from evil, (Genesis 3:5 KJV)! Jesus told “Abraham’s seed” (John 8:37 KJV), who were NOT “Abraham’s children” (John 8:39 KJV)… Jesus told those NON-Israelites instigating His crucifixion a particular truth Abraham did NOT know (John 8:40 KJV). Jesus told those imposter Jews a particular truth that “Abraham’s seed” did NOT know, and a particular truth that you obviously don’t know either.

John 8:40 KJV “But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.”​

What truth did Abraham NOT hear from God? What were those TWO divine testimonies of those TWO divine witnesses (John 8:17, 18)? Those are TOTALLY rhetorical questions to one so omnipotent.

I did not ever say that. You do not pay attention to truth. You have an imagination.

I rebuke your inconsistent, wavering theology blowing like a blistering sandstorm in the desert that is only convenient for the moment to make your fragmented, floundering points. You cannot fathom the truth spoken by Moses, Ezra, Jesus, or Paul.

I did not say you are the only one interested in Jesus’ generation. It is important to whom Jesus is from, for God made a promise to Abraham.

Really? You mean Jesus’ ARRIVAL on planet earth never even crossed Almighty God’s mind until Abraham showed up? You sound EXACTLY like those who instigated Jesus’ crucifixion in John 3:33 KJV, John 8:39 KJV, John 8:41 KJV… YOU and they skipped ALL of those 22 inclusive generations between God and Abraham (Luke 3:38, 37, 36, 35, 34). Those Abrahamic, NON-Israelite detractors (John 8:33 KJV) skipped right over Isaac and Jacob like you do. Such truth only cost John the Baptist his head, ultimately (Luke 3:2, 7, 8, KJV). Stephen INcluded Isaac and Jacob during his fatal testimony (Acts 7: 8 KJV) that only got Stephen stoned. You stand alongside those who crucified Jesus, beheaded JTB, and stoned Stephen; particularly considering you think John was talking about YOU in 1John 3:9 KJV!

You keep reminding me to stop my alleged endless genealogies. I keep reminding you that 77-fold generations (Genesis 4:24 KJV) is a finite number, but you can’t count that high. You talk about a promise Almighty God made to Abraham? Such was Paul’s subject of Romans 9:6 KJV, Romans 9:7 KJV, Romans 9:8 KJV, Romans 9:9 KJV! Jesus said there was a certain truth that Abraham didn’t know (John 8:40 KJV). I don’t suppose you can illustrate Jesus’ truth that Abraham didn’t know, then? Genesis 18:17 KJV, Genesis 18:18 KJV, Genesis 18:19 KJV hints at the answer. Rhetorically asking… please spare me.

I said that you need to stop about genealogies now, because it does NOT MATTER TO WHOM WE ARE BLOOD RELATED. It only matters about our having faith in Jesus’ blood!

Genealogies matter to you that Abraham was an ancestor to Jesus. But, now genealogies do NOT MATTER. So, which one is it, firewalker?

There were descendants of Abraham who INSTIGATED Jesus’ crucifixion, but were NOT Israelites (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV). Do you have the slightest clue who those verses shine a little light on? Certainly you’re fearful… you’re willful ignorance glows in broad daylight.

That is not true. You do not speak the truth.

You castrate the truth.

Anyone who calls themselves a Jew, but does not love Jesus is an imposter.

Then all who love Jesus are Jews, then? You don’t have a clue who Paul culled out in Romans 9:6, 7. You don’t even have a clue who Jesus referred to in Revelation 2:9, 3:9. You don’t know sheep from shinola, and Revelation 3:10 KJV sorta suggests such discernment in imperative to endure until the end (Matthew 24:13 KJV).

7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

Romans 9:7 KJV, “Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.”​

Paul maintained this SAME “seed” v. “children” distinction Jesus made in John 8:37 KJV contrasted with John 8:39 KJV. Thereby, Jesus maintained this SAME distinction Moses made in Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4. “Abraham’s seed,” NOT CHILDREN, ONLY instigated Jesus’ crucifixion, (Romans 9:7 KJV, John 8:37 KJV), and were OBVIOUSLY NOT ISRAELITES. Ezra made this same distinction in 1Chronicles 1:28 KJV. “We be Abraham’s seed and were NEVER in bondage to any man…” (John 8:33 KJV). Who was in bondage to Pharaoh? Can you spell ISRAELITES? Then WHO among Abraham’s SEED were never in bondage seeking Jesus’ crucifixion? Jesus’ own detractors said they were NOT Israelites! Forgive me, PLEASE DON’T GO THERE! That was rhetorical to one so omnipotent. “They” just didn’t have faith, right? Well, let’s all just close our Bibles and listen to how YOUR rendering is only acceptable while you discount Moses, Ezra, Jesus, and Paul.

Those scriptures are telling us the children of Abraham are those who HAVE FAITH.

The word “FAITH” didn’t show up until Romans 9:30, 31, 32, 33, AFTER Paul established WHO the PROMISED SEED were in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Were “the children of Keturah” the PROMISED SEED (Genesis 25:4)? Were the Ishmaelites the PROMISED SEED?

I said all Israelites are blood related to Abraham, and they are.

Ezra EXcluded Judah’s descendants, via his Canaanite wife (Genesis 38:2, 1Chronicles 2:3), from the TRIBE of Judah (1Chronicles 4:1 KJV) in 1Chronicles 4:21, 22. Were those Shelanites ancestrally intact Israelites, then (Numbers 26:20)?

“Neither because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but in Isaac shall thyseed be called” (Romans 9:7 KJV).​

I didn’t seem to hear ‘faith’ mentioned in this verse!

I hope you repent.

To whom, you? You don’t know sheep from shinola, the same shinola you’ve baptized your own self with thinking 1John 3:9 KJV was talking about you. You think you ARE the Holy Spirit! You think you ARE the second-advent Jesus. What are you so utterly spiritually OVER-compensating for? What huge burden of guilt has Satan thrown in your lap that you have to exalt yourself above the great unwashed? You fulfill Matthew 24:5 KJV, Matthew 24:11 KJV, Matthew 24:23 KJV, Matthew 24:24 KJV.

kayaker

kayaker

and all came from Adam.

LA

You didn't know Abraham was a Shemite? Abraham was next a Hebrew being a descendant of Eber/Heber (Genesis 10:21 KJV). Take a look at Luke 3:38, 37, 36, 35. Abraham was an Adamite, Sethite, Shemite, Hebrew.

Abraham was a Shemite Hebrew by paternal mention. But, I do give you credit Abraham had Gentile blood in his maternal ancestry considering Japheth was the 'father' of the Gentiles, AND... thereby Noah sanctioned Shemites-Gentiles to procreate, "dwell in the tents of Shem" in Genesis 9:27 KJV. Paul understood the Gentile maternal ancestry in Abraham, and inherently in Jesus' ancestry. Do note, between the 22 inclusive generations from Adam to Abraham, there were only three named females between Eve and Sarah. Those three females were the two wives of Lamech (Cain's great...grandson, Genesis 4:17, 18) found in Genesis 4:19 KJV, and Lamech's daughter in Genesis 4:22 KJV.

kayaker

kayaker

Kayaker failed

The flood was not a mandate for capital punishment as his preconceived philosophical prejudice dictated.

He lost that argument and then failed to admit it.

Cain was called God by Eve at his birth.

GEE... I though Eve was beguiled (Genesis 3:13 KJV) and, so are you! Adam said Eve was the mother of all living (Genesis 3:20 KJV), but I seemed to miss the part where Adam was the father of all living... hmmmm. Where was Eve's desire if not for her husband (Genesis 3:16 KJV)? You don't suppose that had anything to do with Genesis 3:14 KJV, Genesis 3:15 KJV? Since there were only two "Adam knew Eves" (Genesis 4:1 KJV, Genesis 4:25 KJV), but three sons... did your rabbi ever figure out where that third seed came from since repentant mother Eve said God appointed the seeds of Abel and Seth? Which Eve to you believe? The Eve in Genesis 4:1 KJV? Or, the Eve in Genesis 4:25 KJV AFTER Cain only killed Abel? That must have been quite a depressing scenario! Eve lost two sons, one fell swoop... please reconsider Genesis 3:16 KJV.

By virtue of who he was he shared in the direct tie Adam had when Adam worshipped God however as can be deducted, by the time of the murder hundreds of thousands had already been born. Guesswork.

WOW! There were hundreds of thousands who'd already been born BEFORE Cain murdered Abel! And, you think EYE go beyond text, ROFLOL!

A vagabond and fugitive placed him outside of the inner family circle to be outside of the group of faithful believers.

I can agree to a fair extent. Cain didn't seem to mind building a city, 'nall! That's a bit of a stretch considering Cain was to be "a fugitive and a vagabond IN THE EARTH; and it shall come to pass, that EVERY ONE that findeth me shall slay me" (Genesis 4:14 KJV). So... why didn't Cain get slain? Do you think God might have put a time limit on Cain's promiscuity and city building? Cain surely died before the flood.

This was his only punishment.

Sounds to me like Cain had it made in the shade; built a city, had a big family (Genesis 4:17, 18), intelligent and prosperous descendants (Genesis 4:19, 20, 21, 22).

First degree murder was not punished by life in prison or the death penalty.

Was God telling the truth in Genesis 2:17 KJV? That sounded just a wee bit short of premeditated homicide.

Kay goes beyond the text - not a surprise.

ROFLOL! And... I've never met a SINGLE person who didn't extrapolate their own renderings... well, most folk just take some rabbi's word for such extrapolations.

kayaker

jsjohnnt

Actually, Kayaker, Intojoy is probably right when surmised that thousands had been born before Cain did the deed against his brother. Genesis 4:10-15 allows for that possibility. Certainly, more than himself and Adam and Eve were living, at the time , but we do not know this until chapter 4.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
GEE... I though Eve was beguiled (Genesis 3:13 KJV) and, so are you! Adam said Eve was the mother of all living (Genesis 3:20 KJV), but I seemed to miss the part where Adam was the father of all living... hmmmm. Where was Eve's desire if not for her husband (Genesis 3:16 KJV)? You don't suppose that had anything to do with Genesis 3:14 KJV, Genesis 3:15 KJV? Since there were only two "Adam knew Eves" (Genesis 4:1 KJV, Genesis 4:25 KJV), but three sons... did your rabbi ever figure out where that third seed came from since repentant mother Eve said God appointed the seeds of Abel and Seth? Which Eve to you believe? The Eve in Genesis 4:1 KJV? Or, the Eve in Genesis 4:25 KJV AFTER Cain only killed Abel? That must have been quite a depressing scenario! Eve lost two sons, one fell swoop... please reconsider Genesis 3:16 KJV.

WOW! There were hundreds of thousands who'd already been born BEFORE Cain murdered Abel! And, you think EYE go beyond text, ROFLOL!

I can agree to a fair extent. Cain didn't seem to mind building a city, 'nall! That's a bit of a stretch considering Cain was to be "a fugitive and a vagabond IN THE EARTH; and it shall come to pass, that EVERY ONE that findeth me shall slay me" (Genesis 4:14 KJV). So... why didn't Cain get slain? Do you think God might have put a time limit on Cain's promiscuity and city building? Cain surely died before the flood.

Sounds to me like Cain had it made in the shade; built a city, had a big family (Genesis 4:17, 18), intelligent and prosperous descendants (Genesis 4:19, 20, 21, 22).

Was God telling the truth in Genesis 2:17 KJV? That sounded just a wee bit short of premeditated homicide.

ROFLOL! And... I've never met a SINGLE person who didn't extrapolate their own renderings... well, most folk just take some rabbi's word for such extrapolations.

kayaker

You have no skill

kayaker

Actually, Kayaker, Intojoy is probably right when surmised that thousands had been born before Cain did the deed against his brother. Genesis 4:10-15 allows for that possibility. Certainly, more than himself and Adam and Eve were living, at the time , but we do not know this until chapter 4.

I can appreciate some latitude along these lines, but "hundreds" of thousands requires a bit more explanation. Most of those male descendants of Seth lived around 900 years, typically one son was illustrated and named, and their progeny then included "and he begat sons and daughters." So, how many sons and daughters were born to each of those fellows? Maybe a better question is how many children can a female gestate in 900 years?

When Seth sired his son Enos, "then began men to call upon the name of the Lord" (Genesis 4:26 KJV). Who were those men? And, why didn't they call upon the name of the Lord when Abel was born? Maybe those men waited to see if Cain would come back and kill Seth before Seth sired a son.

Cain went to the land of Nod, THEN took a wife and built a city. Where did she come from, and how many people constitute a city?

I subscribe to the notion there were humans on planet earth somewhere around 4k years before Adam and Eve showed up. This lends a better explanation to, "then began men to call upon the name of the Lord," and Cain going to the land of Nob, taking a wife, and building a city. It happens to be a Jewish notion Eve birthed children before she birthed the twins, Cain and Abel. Read these verses contiguously without the translators' v. "2" added:

Genesis 4:1, 2, KJV "And Adam knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. And she again bare his brother Abel..."

Fraternal twins... one "Adam knew," and two sons. Cain was conceived being the seed of the serpent as illustrated in Genesis 3:14 KJV, Genesis 3:15 KJV. Repentant mother Eve later said God appointed the seeds of Abel and Seth (Genesis 4:25 KJV). Then who appointed the seed of Cain? Since Cain and Abel were twins, Cain conceived in the Garden via one copulation, and Abel conceived outside the Garden via another copulation, Cain and Abel were the first children of Eve, mother of all living (Genesis 3:16 KJV).

I have no argument Adam and Eve subsequently sired sons and daughters. My argument is Cain and Abel were HER first two sons. Since Cain and Abel were twins who reached the age "in the process of time" to begin making offerings to to the Lord (Genesis 4:3, 4), Cain and Abel achieved the age of accountability having no recorded sons at that time. That would have put Cain and Abel at the approximate age of 13, poetically speaking. Being gestation is 9 months... I proffer Adam and Eve would have produced no more than around 12 children at the most, who would not have yet reached sexual maturity.

Therefore, the "hundreds" of thousands, even "thousands" has some serious explaining. Undoubtedly there were massive numbers of Adam's and Eve's descendants, AND Cain's descendants (Adam was not his father) by the time of the flood... but, I can't support the notion there were so many descendants of Adam and Eve by the time Cain killed Abel. Although, this notion does not discount the presence of 6th day humans at that time... unless one wishes to subscribe to the notion Seth married his sister, contrary to Genesis 9:23 KJV.

So, before you refute my rendering, how about giving your account as to the arrival of those "thousands" of folk you allege were present when Cain killed Abel. ITJ, can't help himself...

kayaker

jsjohnnt

Kayaker asks: "So, before you refute my rendering, how about giving your account as to the arrival of those "thousands" of folk you allege were present when Cain killed Abel. ITJ, can't help himself...

My answer: Who said Adam and Eve had more children? I am implying that Adam and Eve were not the only ones God created, only the first family.

Genesis 1:26 - 27 can and should (?) be translated, "Let us {speaking of Himself] make mankind in our image . . . . . . . . male and female created he them." If we see Elohim as the Father and the Son, the use of "let us" makes perfect since. More than this, it is clear that God exists in community with himself (the father loves the son and the son loves the father), so too, mankind exists in community as an act of creation. But my point, here, is more to the idea that God created mankind (a population) rather than simple one man and one woman. What think ye?

Update: Also, I just finished a bit of exegesis as to this passage, and discovered that the plural noun for God has a single tense verb "let us make," which, according to the linguists I read, is the reason why Elohim is not translated "gods" in this passage, because of the singular "make." I didn't know this before.

God's Truth

Kayaker asks: "So, before you refute my rendering, how about giving your account as to the arrival of those "thousands" of folk you allege were present when Cain killed Abel. ITJ, can't help himself...

My answer: Who said Adam and Eve had more children? I am implying that Adam and Eve were not the only ones God created, only the first family.

Genesis 1:26 - 27 can and should (?) be translated, "Let us {speaking of Himself] make mankind in our image . . . . . . . . male and female created he them." If we see Elohim as the Father and the Son, the use of "let us" makes perfect since. More than this, it is clear that God exists in community with himself (the father loves the son and the son loves the father), so too, mankind exists in community as an act of creation. But my point, here, is more to the idea that God created mankind (a population) rather than simple one man and one woman. What think ye?

Update: Also, I just finished a bit of exegesis as to this passage, and discovered that the plural noun for God has a single tense verb "let us make," which, according to the linguists I read, is the reason why Elohim is not translated "gods" in this passage, because of the singular "make." I didn't know this before.

The Bible says that all life came from Adam and Eve.