Why did the Jews Kill Jesus?

glorydaz

God himself poured his wrath out on the Lord Jesus Christ. The Jews and the Romans were nothing more than manipulated puppets. Something that should make the Calvinist smile for all the wrong reasons.

Neither the Jews nor the Romans killed Him. He laid down His life willingly.

:thumb: It was written. Who are they blaming again?

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.

John 12:12-16
On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. And Jesus, when he had found a young ***, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ***'s colt. These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 27:37 KJV - Matthew 27:37 - Matthew 27:37 NIV

Matthew 27:37 NLT -

a charge, a written thing above his head - does it matter if it was a plate ?
I don't see anywhere in those scriptures that say 'INRI' was written as the accusation against him.

You might see it on some Catholic artwork, but not in scripture.

God's Truth

:thumb: It was written. Who are they blaming again?

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.

John 12:12-16
On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. And Jesus, when he had found a young ***, sat thereon; as it is written, Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ***'s colt. These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.​

Acts 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

Acts 2:36
"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah."

Acts 3: 12 When Peter saw this, he said to them: "Men of Israel, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?
13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

Acts 5: 27 Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood." 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead--whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.

1 Thessalonians 2:14 For you, brothers, became imitators of God's churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own countrymen the same things those churches suffered from the Jews, 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't see anywhere in those scriptures that say 'INRI' was written as the accusation against him.

You might see it on some Catholic artwork, but not in scripture.

true - i don't see INRI in scripture, but i don't see things clearly all the time. i did see John 19:19-20 KJV and it says it was written in Hebrew, Greek and Latin. Latin would be INRI, yet how can we know

Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum

Ben Masada

1 - The bigger question is who instigated Jesus' crucifixion, Ben. Those instigators were not Israelites, although there were Israelite
2 - "We be not born of fornication..." (John 8:41)
3 -
4 - Don't you think Pilate figured that out? He wasn't a governor and judge for by being a slacker...and he didn't have a rooster in the fight, LOL! One can readily blame the Romans, but that rivalry thing was undoubtedly quite a perfect storm, wouldn't you say?

kayaker

1 - And the real answer was that his own disciples did it whereas unaware of what they were doing. (Luke 19:37-40)

2 - This is a reference to the catastrophic occurrences of rapes perpetrated by Romans in Israel in the First Century.

3 - No, I would not say but the Hellenists who wrote the gospels found many reasons to say so.

Ben Masada

1 - The bigger question is who instigated Jesus' crucifixion, Ben. Those instigators were not Israelites, although there were Israelite
2 - "We be not born of fornication..." (John 8:41)
3 - Don't you think Pilate figured that out? He wasn't a governor and judge for by being a slacker...and he didn't have a rooster in the fight, LOL! One can readily blame the Romans, but that rivalry thing was undoubtedly quite a perfect storm, wouldn't you say?

kayaker

1 - And the real answer was that his own disciples did it whereas unaware of what they were doing. (Luke 19:37-40)

2 - This is a reference to the catastrophic occurrences of rapes perpetrated by Romans in Israel in the First Century.

3 - No, I would not say but the Hellenists who wrote the gospels found many reasons to say so.

Ben Masada

Matthew 27:24

When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

According to whom, the Hellenist who wrote the gospel attributed to Matthew? That's absolutely not the Pilate described by Josephus who would consider his day lost when he did not have a Jew to nail him on the cross.

Ben Masada

The Roman Empire crucified Jesus. The earliest gospel Mark says that the crowds watching Pilate and Jesus were described as "the people."

Later, Matthew alters Mark and Luke and simply says the people cried "May his blood be on us and our children." And uses the term "all the people."

John calls them all "the Jews."

The immediate impression conveyed by "the Jews" is one of unreceptivity and hostility toward Jesus. And it is ironic that Jesus and his followers were all Jews.

John's community of believers were in conflict with normative Jews and were getting kicked out of the synagogues. So he was sure to put anti-Semitic vitriol into Jesus's mouth (John was written around the year 100).

He wanted Jesus to justify his own prejudices--much like we do.

Hi Aikido! Here is the point of my views of the NT. Unlike all the other Jews who reject the whole of the NT, every book, every page, every statement and every word, I accept 20% of it worthy learning something from. The other 80% IMHO, is composed of anti-Jewish interpolations with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. That's why the gospels have come out this way, crowded with anti-Jewish slogans and slanders against the Jewish People.

Ben Masada

But it is true. The Jews really did not kill Jesus. They did not have the legal authority. It is the same today. Israel does not have the legal authority to kill anyone for any reason. What is going on in the Middle East is lawlessness on the part of the nation Israel

Now, you are generalizing based on the lawlessness of some individual. This is common throughout all nations. It does not mean that the whole nation is to blame for the sins of some individuals. Collective punishment usually comes as a result of government adoption of a sinful condition. For instance, the official sanctioning of same-sex marriage just lately endorsed by all States in America, Israel, in spite of being an almost total democratic Country remains still a Torah-abiding People as this unnatural condition is concerned.

turbosixx

Yesterday I was asked why the Jews had killed Jesus. The Jews did not take part in the killing of Jesus. If you are looking for some one to blame, ask me and I will give you a group.

Do you know the meaning of those 4 initials on that plate nailed on the top of Jesus' cross? I am talking about INRI. That's a verdict which means that Jesus was crucified on a political charge for having been acclaimed king of the Jews in Jerusalem which was a charge bordering on insurrection.

The people who were acclaiming Jesus king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem were Jesus' own disciples. With the intent to save him from being arrested, the Pharisees asked him to stop his disciples with that nonsense and Jesus said that if they stopped, the stones would shout.

All right, soon afterwards, Jesus was arrested, judged before Pilate and condemned to the cross. That's in Luke 19:37-40. Besides, the Jews could not have killed Jesus and much less on the cross because the power of jurisdiction had been taken from Israel as Rome took over the Land. A death sentence passed on any one in Israel at the time would have been an act of insurrection. Therefore, Jesus' own disciples caused the death of Jesus, not the Jews in general.

It was God's plan of salvation that Jesus died for, the Jews had him killed and the Romans did the killing.

Acts 2:23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

GT is right.

John 11:47 Therefore the chief priests and the Pharisees convened a council, and were saying, "What are we doing? For this man is performing many signs. 48 If we let Him go on like this, all men will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation." 49 But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, "You know nothing at all, 50 nor do you take into account that it is expedient for you that one man die for the people, and that the whole nation not perish." 51 Now he did not say this on his own initiative, but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation, 52 and not for the nation only, but in order that He might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad. 53 So from that day on they planned together to kill Him.

Ben Masada

1 - Neither the Jews nor the Romans killed Him. He laid down His life willingly.

2 - John 11:49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, John 11:50. Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

3 - John 11:51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

4 - John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

1 - No, he did not. During that last night of Thursday, Jesus went with his disciples to the Gethsemane to pray and he prayed three times asking of God to rescue him from walking the "Via Dolorosa." When he realized that there was no answer to his prayer he said "Let Thy will be done, not mine." What was his will then? Not to die on the cross there is. It means he was, so to speak, forced unto the cross. As you can see, there was no willingness in Jesus to die on the cross.

2 - I just choose not to believe that Caiaphas could be that insensitive a person, especially as a High Priest.

3 - Absolutely not true. A High Priest knew much better than to contradict the Prophets of the Lord, whose word from the Lord was that no one could die for the sins of another or of the nation. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

4 - He also knew that the Ten Tribes had got lost forever and would never return. (Psalm 78:67-70)

Ben Masada

God himself poured his wrath out on the Lord Jesus Christ. The Jews and the Romans were nothing more than manipulated puppets. Something that should make the Calvinist smile for all the wrong reasons.

HaShem has absolutely nothing to do with the death of Jesus but Jesus himself and his disciples. Him for allowing to be proclaimed king of the Jews in Jerusalem and his disciples for doing the proclamation. (Luke 19:37-40)

Ben Masada

You are a moronic dipstick! The Jews do not wish power over others. They do not proselytize. They have their own relationship with God. And we have ours.

Wow! Bybee, If you mean what you say above about the Jews, I pay you the homage that comes to you. I couldn't have said it any better.

Jamie Gigliotti

HaShem has absolutely nothing to do with the death of Jesus but Jesus himself and his disciples. Him for allowing to be proclaimed king of the Jews in Jerusalem and his disciples for doing the proclamation. (Luke 19:37-40)

What Satan means for evil God means for good. God soveriegnly chose to allow the pride of the Roman and Jewish leaders, who were fearful of the following Jesus had and who He said He was, to crucify Christ. An act done in pride and hate and presumed victory of Satan; demonstrated the love God and spotless love and submission to the Father of Jesus as His life was given for the forgiveness of sins. On the third day the victory was on display! He lives in us Ben, by His Spirit. Ben lay down your pride; you need Him as much as the rest of us.

Ben Masada

The Jews were living in the Roman Empire.

The Jewish priests who believed in blood sacrifices to a God of justice were not happy with Jesus's idea of repentance, his public flouting of purity codes, his consorting with immigrants, the poor, the sinners and his attack on the Jerusalem temple before his death.

And the Romans were the Romans, exercising their power on this Galilean upstart.

I do not understand how the Jewish priests were not happy with Jesus' idea of repentance when Jesus' idea of repentance was to achieve it first from our neighbors before seeking it from God at the Temple. (Mat. 5:23,24) That's perfectly Jewish.

Now, as "the attack on the Jerusalem Temple was concerned," the text says that Jesus armed himself with a whip and caused financial and physical damages to the moneychangers who had the High Priest's permission to use that area in front of the Temple to change the money of Jewish outsiders to make the proper sacrificial offering. I mean, Jesus broke the Golden Rule to do that. And the Golden Rule, mind you, covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions which rendered Jesus a sinner just like you and me.

Ben Masada

It was God's plan of salvation that Jesus died for, the Jews had him killed and the Romans did the killing.

Acts 2:23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

GT is right.

John 11:47 Therefore the chief priests and the Pharisees convened a council, and were saying, "What are we doing? For this man is performing many signs. 48 If we let Him go on like this, all men will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation." 49 But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, "You know nothing at all, 50 nor do you take into account that it is expedient for you that one man die for the people, and that the whole nation not perish." 51 Now he did not say this on his own initiative, but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation, 52 and not for the nation only, but in order that He might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad. 53 So from that day on they planned together to kill Him.

Absolutely not true. HaShem would not plan against His own Word given to His prophets that no one was supposed to die for the salvation of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

RBBI

1 - No, he did not. During that last night of Thursday, Jesus went with his disciples to the Gethsemane to pray and he prayed three times asking of God to rescue him from walking the "Via Dolorosa." When he realized that there was no answer to his prayer he said "Let Thy will be done, not mine." What was his will then? Not to die on the cross there is. It means he was, so to speak, forced unto the cross. As you can see, there was no willingness in Jesus to die on the cross.

2 - I just choose not to believe that Caiaphas could be that insensitive a person, especially as a High Priest.

3 - Absolutely not true. A High Priest knew much better than to contradict the Prophets of the Lord, whose word from the Lord was that no one could die for the sins of another or of the nation. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

4 - He also knew that the Ten Tribes had got lost forever and would never return. (Psalm 78:67-70)

1) He said no man takes my life, I lay it down willingly.

2) Did you not read the bold print? It says he PROPHESIED.

3) When the High Priest went into the Holy of Holies unprepared to offer up for the sins of himself AND THE PEOPLE, what happened to him? He knew he was taking a chance on dying, and he did it for the people as well as himself, correct?

4) They are returning in this hour.

Ben Masada

What Satan means for evil God means for good. God soveriegnly chose to allow the pride of the Roman and Jewish leaders, who were fearful of the following Jesus had and who He said He was, to crucify Christ. An act done in pride and hate and presumed victory of Satan; demonstrated the love God and spotless love and submission to the Father of Jesus as His life was given for the forgiveness of sins. On the third day the victory was on display! He lives in us Ben, by His Spirit. Ben lay down your pride; you need Him as much as the rest of us.

Satan does not exist. Man himself can be Satan when he chooses to play the one. The life of Jesus was not given for the forgiveness of sins because Jesus would not contradict the prophets of the Lord who said that no one can give his life for the forgiveness of the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30: Ezek. 18:20) Jesus does not live at all; he has been dead for 2000 years. Don't forget, he was a Jewish man. I have already what Jesus had when in life. The Truth of HaShem. (John 17:17)