Why did the Jews Kill Jesus?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
1 - Yes, but the Sanhedrin was too restrict, for instance, they could not pass a death sentence on no one for their jurisdiction had been taken from them by the Romans.

2 - Jesus was religious loyal Jew and for that, he could never be a threat to his Faith which was Judaism.

3 - Only an anti-Jewish Christian with preconceived notions is able to believe all that. Rather the opposite was true that the Pharisees for instance, twice tried to save Jesus from being arrested and taken to the cross: First, it was from Herod if you read Luke 13:31 and the second time around was from Pilate if you read Luke 19:37-40.

4 - That's absolutely not true. The most important and vital thing in the heart of a Jew is God's Law and Jesus came to confirm it down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19) He even implied once that the only way
to escape hell-fire was to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. How could religious Jews want such a man dead? It makes no sense.

Why would it be so hard to believe what I wrote, you, a Jew, spend considerable time on this forum trying to discredit Jesus!?!? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Your ideological counterparts tried the same thing on Jesus 2,000 years ago. :doh:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It is not mine it is God's Truth.

You do not believe the Holy Bible. You do not believe that God reserved His written Word exactly as we have it in the Holy Bible.

You are the one with the man made beliefs you claim those who believe the Holy Bible have.
The Bible was written by men, inspired by God. The contradictions, discrepancies and different translations of the book we call "the Bible" are common-sense indicators that God's revelations are mediated through imperfect humans.

Why are the words Rome tacked up on the cross different in each of our four gospels? It was an imperial proclamation that anyone could have copied down exactly and passed it on without confusion. The question should be "Why is God's Bible showing different words to different evangelists?" The common sense answer is that the Bible was written by men.

I believe the Bible, but I take it as it is.

God's Truth

The Bible was written by men, inspired by God. The contradictions, discrepancies and different translations of the book we call "the Bible" are common-sense indicators that God's revelations are mediated through imperfect humans.

Why are the words Rome tacked up on the cross different in each of our four gospels? It was an imperial proclamation that anyone could have copied down exactly and passed it on without confusion. The question should be "Why is God's Bible showing different words to different evangelists?" The common sense answer is that the Bible was written by men.

I believe the Bible, but I take it as it is.

I have no idea how you get that it was different in each of the gospel books.

kayaker

I am sorry Kayaker, but I have no idea where you are coming from with these ideas above. The only thing I detect is that you are trying to defend the Church of Paul that still to this day promotes the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

The replacement theology in those days was that Messiah had to be a descendant of Judah via his Canaanitess wife (Genesis 38:1, 2; 1Chronicles 2:3). Jesus was a descendant of Judah and his daughter-in-law Tamar (Matthew 1:3, Luke 3:33) in a relationship contrary to Leviticus 18:15 KJV, Leviticus 20:12 KJV, Leviticus 21:7, 9, 13, 14. According to Levitical law, Jesus couldn't be Messiah.

The NT is quite clear that Jesus was arrested and charged with the political cause of insurrection to proclaim Jesus as king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem which at the time was a Roman province. (Luke 19:37-40)

Indeed, and Pilate found nothing to worthy to put Jesus to death: Luke 23:13, 14, 15. Who was that "untoward generation" responsible for instigating the crucifixion, then (Acts 2:22, 23, Acts 2:40 KJV)? They weren't Israelite Jews, Ben: John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV. Those circumcised non-Israelite instigators were "Abraham's seed" (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV) being descendants of Judah via his Canaanitess wife (Genesis 38:1, 2; 1Chronicles 2:3). Judah's father-in-law was Shuah, one of "the children of Abraham" (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4). Well, Jesus didn't seem to think that "untoward generation" (Acts 2:40 KJV) were "Abraham's children" either, btw (John 8:39 KJV).

Abraham only had two "sons" (Genesis 25:9 KJV, Galatians 4:22 KJV), and Judah's Canaanite father-in-law (Genesis 38:2) wasn't as "son" of Abraham... Shuah was one of Abraham's mamzerim progeny via his Canaanite wife, Keturah (Deuteronomy 7:3, Deuteronomy 23:3 KJV). Therefore, Judah's Shelanite progeny (Genesis 38:26 KJV, Numbers 26:20) via his Canaanitess wife were also mamzerim (Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV). Jesus was a descendant of Judah and his daughter-in-law, Tamar (Matthew 1:3 KJV, Luke 3:33). That was the quandary of Jesus' day, Ben: Would Messiah be a descendant of Isaiah's Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) via his Canaanitess wife, speaking of endless genealogies? Or, would Messiah arrive via Judah's daughter-in-law, Tamar?

I do not understand why you are still speaking about a split of Judah after the split between Israel and Judah. This is in the Tanach but not that which you are talking about.

Judah's surviving Shelanite progeny (Numbers 26:20) were conceived in a forbidden marriage as noted in Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3, and corroborated by Ezra some 1,400 years later in Ezra 9:1, 2, as being a "great trespass" in Ezra 9:7 KJV. How then do you NOT perceive a split in Judah? How do you 'legitimize' Judah's Shelanite progeny of a forbidden marriage with particular emphasis on Deuteronomy 7:3 KJV? Jesus' arrival (John 3:1, 2) 'legitimized' the fatherless (Genesis 38:26 KJV) lost sheep Pharzites (and Zarhites, Genesis 38:29, 30) from whom Jesus descended (Matthew 1:3 KJV, Luke 3:33), and to whom Jesus was sent (Matthew 10:6 KJV, Matthew 15:22, 23, 24).

BTW, to make things short, in spite of your self-identification of Jewishness, I found nothing Jewish in this post of yours above. Please, no offense meant.

No offense taken in the least, Ben... such is clearly not a typical theme in your character. Does one have to have a particular ancestry to be called a "Jew" in you circles? I've been cut, and I study the Books of Moshe. My adoption papers, being an heir to God's promises to Abraham, were signed in Jesus' authentic Pharzite-Israelite Jewish blood. When I 'put on Christ', I became an heir counted among God's chosen Israelite Jews noted in Deuteronomy 7:6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Were you "born" a Jew? Or does one become a "Jew" following the Talmud?

Again, Ben: How do you 'legitimize' Isaiah's Messianic progenitor's (Isaiah 65:9 KJV) mamzerim progeny (Deuteronomy 23:2 KJV) via his Canaanitess wife (1Chronicles 2:3) conceived in a forbidden marriage contrary to Deuteronomy 7:3 KJV, and Ezra 9:7 KJV? I've Scripturally corroborated THEY were the ones who instigated Jesus' crucifixion, not the Israelite Jews!

kayaker

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Why would it be so hard to believe what I wrote, you, a Jew, spend considerable time on this forum trying to discredit Jesus!?!? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Your ideological counterparts tried the same thing on Jesus 2,000 years ago. :doh:

Interesting to notice, rather the opposite is true that you are the one trying to describe Jesus as a Greek and discrediting him as a Jew. But I don't blame you as you are only walking on the steps of Paul aka his gospel.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Interesting to notice, rather the opposite is true that you are the one trying to describe Jesus as a Greek and discrediting him as a Jew. But I don't blame you as you are only walking on the steps of Paul aka his gospel.

You are hearing things I never said. Jesus was born Jewish, he was raised in Judaism, he followed the reasonable requirements of the Law minus the obsessive compulsive racial arrogance of religious fanatics whose distinguished calling went to their heads.

Paul had his own Ideas, I follow the original gospel Jesus had hoped the Jews would adopt, it was their calling, they would be preaching that gospel to the world today from Jerusalem. But they were spiritually confused. Today Jerusalem is a museum to a broken covenant on behalf of a dense people.

lukecash12

Jesus Christ orchestrated His own death out of the necessity that He make atonement for our sins. It is only He who wasn't ignorant of what was actually happening at the time ("Father forgive them"). The Jews and the Romans alike played into God's plan of redemption.

"Why did the Jews kill Jesus?" We killed Jesus, when we sinned in Adam. The Jews had an illegal trial, and the Romans carried out an execution based on false premises, because they were broken people not fully in the likeness of God. This was because of the Fall.

God's Truth

Jesus Christ orchestrated His own death out of the necessity that He make atonement for our sins. It is only He who wasn't ignorant of what was actually happening at the time ("Father forgive them"). The Jews and the Romans alike played into God's plan of redemption.

"Why did the Jews kill Jesus?" We killed Jesus, when we sinned in Adam. The Jews had an illegal trial, and the Romans carried out an execution based on false premises, because they were broken people not fully in the likeness of God. This was because of the Fall.

Please tell me, why not say what the written word of God says?

You say "we" killed Jesus.

The SCRIPTURES SAY the "Men of Israel"; "The Jews"; with the help of wicked men.

Acts 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

Acts 2:36
"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah."

Acts 3: 12 When Peter saw this, he said to them: "Men of Israel, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?
13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

Acts 5: 27 Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood." 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead--whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.

1 Thessalonians 2:14 For you, brothers, became imitators of God's churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own countrymen the same things those churches suffered from the Jews, 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out.

Ben Masada

You are hearing things I never said. Jesus was born Jewish, he was raised in Judaism, he followed the reasonable requirements of the Law minus the obsessive compulsive racial arrogance of religious fanatics whose distinguished calling went to their heads.

Paul had his own Ideas, I follow the original gospel Jesus had hoped the Jews would adopt, it was their calling, they would be preaching that gospel to the world today from Jerusalem. But they were spiritually confused. Today Jerusalem is a museum to a broken covenant on behalf of a dense people.

I wish you used your own NT to quote to me as evidences that other religious Jews, opposite to Jesus, were obsessive, compulsive, racial and arrogant in their religious fanaticism. IMHO, you could be misreading the text if they are not only attacks from anti-Jewish Hellenists former disciples of Paul. Would you be able to mention a few quotes or your verbal juggling is only from hear-say?

Ben Masada

There was no necessity for such alleged atonement. It would be rather a contradiction to the Prophets who say that no one can die to make atonement for another. Read Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20.

If we killed Jesus when we sinned in Adam, why blame the Jews with the death of Jesus? Why not to blame us all as you are doing now? Because of this atrocious anti-Semitic attitude we have lost Jews by the millions throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust.

The Jews did not submit Jesus to any trial at all. The Sanhedrin did not work that way, neither at night and not with less than 70 members; and much less within such a short time.

If the Jews were a broken People and not fully in the likeness of God who were or are in the likeness of God, the Gentiles? Now, I wonder why Jesus himself forbade his disciples not to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles. (Mat. 10:5,6)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I wish you used your own NT to quote to me as evidences that other religious Jews, opposite to Jesus, were obsessive, compulsive, racial and arrogant in their religious fanaticism. IMHO, you could be misreading the text if they are not only attacks from anti-Jewish Hellenists former disciples of Paul. Would you be able to mention a few quotes or your verbal juggling is only from hear-say?

Compulsive ceremonial hand washing by the anal retentive religious:

37Now when He had spoken, a Pharisee asked Him to have lunch with him; and He went in, and reclined at the table. 38When the Pharisee saw it, he was surprised that He had not first ceremonially washed before the meal. 39But the Lord said to him, "Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and of the platter; but inside of you, you are full of robbery and wickedness.…​

Quibbling legalisms by the fanatics who saw disciple's plucking grain for personal consumption to be some sort of Sabbath violation. Its just silly madness!

23And it happened that He was passing through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads of grain. 24The Pharisees were saying to Him, "Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"…​

Then we have the rocket surgeons from the temple who are so dense in their man made religion that they conclude Jesus can drive out demons because he gets power from Satan????

At the fake trial of Jesus corrupt teachers and leaders tried to put some fake witnesses together but they couldn't even get them to agree.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Now, you are totally wrong. Judaism is not a religion but a way of life for the Jew.

Now when He had spoken, a Pharisee asked Him to have lunch with him; and He went in, and reclined at the table. When the Pharisee saw it, he was surprised that He had not first ceremonially washed before the meal. But the Lord said to him, "Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and of the platter; but inside of you, you are full of robbery and wickedness.…

This is a slander. Never happened. Probably a pious forgery to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Jesus was a Jew just like the Pharisees and washed himself before any meal. Don't forget that he observed the laws down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19)

Quibbling legalisms by the fanatics who saw disciple's plucking grain for personal consumption to be some sort of Sabbath violation. Its just silly madness!

The disciples of Jesus were Jews just as he was. They would not collect grains on the Sabbath. Any one can see that there is no boundary to anti-Jewish attacks falsely for the sake of Jesus. (Mat. 5:11)

And it happened that He was passing through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads of grain. The Pharisees were saying to Him, Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath? (/quote]

And you keep repeating the slander over and over again as if by doing so, you might gain some new adepts.

Then we have the rocket surgeons from the temple who are so dense in their man made religion that they conclude Jesus can drive out demons because he gets power from Satan?

Again, you continue totally wrong! Jesus himself as a Jew did not believe in Satan or demons. Satan is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man.

At the fake trial of Jesus corrupt teachers and leaders tried to put some fake witnesses together but they couldn't even get them to agree.

Now, here is the evidence that you are totally wrong: The opposite is rather true that the Pharisees rather tried twice to save Jesus from being arrested and sent to the cross. The first time was from Herod if you read Luke 13:31 and, the second time around was from Pilate if you read Luke 19:37-40. But of course, you would not waste your time trying to check for some thing positive about the Jews.

Ben Masada

Now, you are totally wrong. Judaism is not a religion but a way of life for the Jew.

Now when He had spoken, a Pharisee asked Him to have lunch with him; and He went in, and reclined at the table. When the Pharisee saw it, he was surprised that He had not first ceremonially washed before the meal. But the Lord said to him, "Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and of the platter; but inside of you, you are full of robbery and wickedness.…

This is a slander. It never happened. This is probably a pious forgery to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Jesus was a Jew just like the Pharisees and washed himself before any meal. Don't forget that he observed the laws down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19)

The disciples of Jesus were Jews just as he was. They would not collect grains on the Sabbath. Any one can see that there is no boundary to anti-Jewish attacks falsely for the sake of Jesus. (Mat. 5:11)

And it happened that He was passing through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads of grain. The Pharisees were saying to Him, Look why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?

And you keep repeating the slander over and over again as if by doing so, you might gain some new adepts.

Then we have the rocket surgeons from the temple who are so dense in their man made religion that they conclude Jesus can drive out demons because he gets power from Satan?

Again, you continue totally wrong! Jesus himself as a Jew did not believe in Satan or demons. Satan is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man.

Now, here is the evidence that you are totally wrong: The opposite is rather true that the Pharisees rather tried twice to save Jesus from being arrested and sent to the cross. The first time was from Herod if you read Luke 13:31 and, the second time around was from Pilate if you read Luke 19:37-40. But of course, you would not waste your time trying to check for some thing positive about the Jews.