Why are christians celebrating christmas ?

OMEGA

----------------------

IMJuwish said,

You poor, put upon person!

So, why haven't you shaken the dust from your feet? Seriously,
you're not supposed to hang around pagans
that refuse to accept your oh so righteous teaching.

----------------

Someone has to speak the Truth here and Straighten out you Idol worshippers
who Bend the Knee before a Tree and place Gifts under it and make MERRY
before it.
---------------
Don't Forget that After they had KILLED THE TWO PROPHETS
they made Merry and sent Gifts to each other in celebration.

Re 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
--------------------------

Jer 17:23 But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear,

but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction.

IMJerusha

----------------------

IMJuwish said,

You poor, put upon person!

So, why haven't you shaken the dust from your feet? Seriously,
you're not supposed to hang around pagans
that refuse to accept your oh so righteous teaching.

----------------

Someone has to speak the Truth here and Straighten out you Idol worshippers
who Bend the Knee before a Tree and place Gifts under it and make MERRY
before it.
---------------
Don't Forget that After they had KILLED THE TWO PROPHETS
they made Merry and sent Gifts to each other in celebration.

Re 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
--------------------------

Jer 17:23 But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear,

but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction.

So you choose to ignore God's instruction in favor of policing wayward souls. Interesting. Is the Ruach not capable of that?
I do not bend my knee in worship before any Christmas tree, silly! Revelation 11:9 is also not about celebrating the birth of Yeshua but rather the death of two of God's prophets which has supposedly not even happened yet. That's a rather ill use of Scripture as well as Jeremiah 17:23. Context Omega!

genuineoriginal

It's not the "thing" used that makes it pagan or Christian, it is always about which god you serve that makes it pagan or Christian.
Was it pagan to make the golden calf?

Exodus 32:8 CJB
8 So quickly they have turned aside from the way I ordered them to follow! They have cast a metal statue of a calf, worshipped it, sacrificed to it and said, ‘Isra’el! Here is your god, who brought you up from the land of Egypt!’”​

Tambora stated that it doesn't matter which "thing" you use, it matters which god you serve.
The children of Israel did not doubt that they were serving the God that brought them out of the land of Egypt when they created the golden calf.
They were not serving any of the gods of Egypt, they were serving the Hebrew God "Elohiym" using the pagan practices they saw used in Egypt: setting up an idol and having an orgy in front of it.

This passage shows that God does care whether you are using pagan practices when you are serving Him.

Deuteronomy 12:30
30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.​

Are you worshipping Jesus when you set up a Christmas tree in your house?

Let everyone be fully convinced of the right way to handle Christmas in their own minds.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you worshipping Jesus when you set up a Christmas tree in your house?
No.
Nor any pagan god either.

It's a decoration activity that the whole family can enjoy together.
Nothing more.

Personally, I don't do a Christmas tree.
But I certainly don't believe that my Christian neighbor, who does, is doing so with a pagan god in mind.

I have known folks who are so strict about what a Christian should and should not be doing, that they believe if one has a deck of cards or a set of dominoes in their home, they are the devils toys.
And a man would not let his wife wear red because it was the devil's color.

Not having a Christmas tree is not what makes one a Christian.
Not having dominoes is not what makes one a Christian.
Not wearing red is not what makes one a Christian.

Let everyone be fully convinced of the right way to handle Christmas in their own minds.
Right.