Why are christians celebrating christmas ?

ferdin08

I am a newbie here..! first of all thanks to everyone who are going to tell their opinion :dead:

Here are some facts :
1. There is no biblical evidence that Dec. 25 was Jesus birth date,

2.Luke tells us that the shepherds were keeping their sheep in the fields at night when Jesus was born. "And she [Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night" (Luke 2:7-8
, emphasis added throughout).
But late December is Judea's cold and rainy season. Would shepherds actually keep their fragile flocks out in the open fields on a cold late-December night near Bethlehem?
No responsible shepherd would subject his sheep to the elements at that time of year when cold rains, and occasional snow, are common in that region.

3.Luke also tells us that Jesus was born at the time of a census ordered by the Roman emperor (Luke 2:1-3). The Romans were brilliant administrators; they certainly would not have ordered people to journey to be registered at a time of year when roads would have been wet and muddy and traveling conditions miserable. Such a move would have been self-defeating on its face.

4.If the Christmas holiday is an important celebration to honor the birth of Jesus Christ, why is it nowhere mentioned in the Bible? Why didn't Christ instruct His closest followers, His 12 chosen apostles, to keep Christmas? Why didn't they institute or teach it to the early Church?

**Before you answer, consider that Jesus gave great authority to His 12 apostles, assuring them that they will hold positions of great importance and responsibility in His Kingdom (Matthew 18:18
; 19:28; Luke 22:29-30). But since Jesus never taught His apostles to keep Christmas, nor did they ever teach it to the Church though they had years of opportunity to do so, shouldn't that make us question whether Christmas is something Jesus really wants or appreciates?**

5. Jeremiah 10:3-4
A tree from the forest is cut down
and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so that it cannot move.
**see the orgin of xmas tree**

6.The Christmas holiday is largely a recycled pagan celebration.
Again, surprising but true! Read it for yourself in just about any encyclopedia.
Consider the customs associated with Christmas. What do decorated evergreen trees, holly, mistletoe, yule logs, a jolly plump man in a fur-lined red suit, sleighs and flying reindeer have to do with the birth of Jesus Christ?
None of these things have anything to do with Him, but they have a lot to do with ancient pagan festivals. (Read the eye-opening details in our free booklet Holidays or Holy Days: Does It Matter Which Days We Keep? )
And what about the date of Dec. 25? How did it come to be assigned as the supposed date of Jesus Christ's birth? Historians Gerard and Patricia Del Re explain:
"The tradition of celebrating December 25 as Christ's birthday came to the Romans from Persia. Mithra, the Persian god of light and sacred contracts, was born out of a rock on December 25. Rome was famous for its flirtations with strange gods and cults, and in the third century the unchristian emperor Aurelian established the festival of Dies Invicti Solis, the Day of the Invincible Sun, on December 25.
"Mithra was an embodiment of the sun, so this period of its rebirth was a major day in Mithraism, which had become Rome's latest official religion . . . It is believed that the emperor Constantine adhered to Mithraism up to the time of his conversion to Christianity. He was probably instrumental in seeing that the major feast of his old religion was carried over to his new faith" ( The Christmas Almanac, 1979, p. 17).
It's difficult to determine the first time anyone celebrated Dec. 25 as Christmas, but historians generally agree that it was sometime during the fourth century—some 300 years after Christ's death. And then a contrived date was chosen because it was already a popular pagan holiday celebrating the birth of the sun god!
Similarly, virtually all of the customs associated with Christmas are recycled from ancient pagan festivals honoring other gods.

What you gonna do christians? **for example** If you have a son/daughter and they have birthday on july 5,and am telling to celebrate it on september 16 means do you appreciate? then how the god can appreciate that?..

FAMOUS WORDS COME TO MIND - "If 50 million people believe a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing." -- George Bernard Shaw.

wake up christians....worship the god our lord in the way he wanted...! God bless you all

WATCH THIS VIDEO BEFORE YOU DO ANY COMMENTS/DISCUSSIONS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdJvQg7YqI

**share your thoughts**

Last edited:

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Sharing thoughts is communism, but I'm curious how Christians will answer. Try not to confuse the threads you double-posted, stick to one so it doesn't cause confusion.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am a newbie here..! first of all thanks to everyone who are going to tell their opinion
Welcome to TOL f8.
If the day we celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is a big deal to you then I suspect it will be all downhill. Personally I could celebrate it any day of the year without worrying about the weather patterns 2,000 years ago. Btw... your lack of knowledge about sheep herding is astounding. Oh well. :idunno:

ferdin08

Welcome to TOL f8.
If the day we celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is a big deal to you then I suspect it will be all downhill. Personally I could celebrate it any day of the year without worrying about the weather patterns 2,000 years ago. Btw... your lack of knowledge about sheep herding is astounding. Oh well. :idunno:

Lack of knowledge haha funny :p
Its there in the bible...so you telling that to LUKE ?

ferdin08

Please help me understand. Have you kept sheep? Did you bring them indoors in cold weather?

Why should i keeping them i am a nanotechnologist :)

in those days no one will (shepherds) actually keep their fragile flocks out in the open fields on a cold winter....! search yourself all over..!

there is no record of christmas for 2Centuries after the death of jesus..!
ofcourse romans worshiped pagan gods..NIMROD (great grand son of NOAH) he have another name too BAAL (Beelzebub)..his wife Ashtaroth (Easter came from her name)

Judges 2:13 :They abandoned the LORD and served the Baals and the Ashtaroth.

Roman emperor constantine allowed the practicing of christians...
they just barrowed the dates from pagans....still christians worshiping the baal and his wife...they have many name in diff cultures....
dont argue with me :) am just spreading what the truth is..
go and research yourself....god can open your eyes...just dont stick with the tradition with out knowing :p

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now F8 I speak of things that I know. Things I have seen and experienced. If I speak to you of Earthly things and you do not accept my witness then it is pointless to speak to you of heavenly things.

ferdin08

Now F8 I speak of things that I know. Things I have seen and experienced. If I speak to you of Earthly things and you do not accept my witness then it is pointless to speak to you of heavenly things.

You have not seen enough and experienced :deadhorse:

have you read like this before :dead:

go and read the bible..and do a research on this go and ask your church father/pastor :)

we are just humans no one knows everything.....

my last example for you alone :
That and the fact that cesar was holding a census, which would be a logistical nightmare in the winter, with everyone having to travel to their respective cities; all while the Romans were keeping their solstice feasts.

Dude its a roman empire :)

here after am not gonna reply for you...i said enough :) take care let others see and god may open their eyes:rain:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ferdin08
I will be glad to celebrate the birth of Christ with you on the actual anniversary of His birth! Just let me know when that is exactly and we can throw a party!

We can do the same with Resurrection day, just let me know.

ferdin08

ferdin08
I will be glad to celebrate the birth of Christ with you on the actual anniversary of His birth! Just let me know when that is exactly and we can throw a party!

Good to hear but no one knows for sure :) better stay away from xmas i think so..in my point of you..am not forcing anyone :)
just want to spread the truth..that so many dont know :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You have not seen enough and experienced :deadhorse:

have you read like this before :dead:

go and read the bible..and do a research on this go and ask your church father/pastor :)
You have not seen enough and experienced much either, but I agree about taking with your minister,

ferdin08

You have not seen enough and experienced much either, but I agree about taking with your minister,

Morons will believe that...! you are believing cz your parents and the church teached you..but the bible never does that :)

you gonna believe the "bible scriptures" of god or the doctrines of Men?

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Morons will believe that...! you are believing cz your parents and the church teached you..but the bible never does that :)

you gonna believe the "bible scriptures" of god or the doctrines of Men?

This will be the first time I've picked on someone's communication skills (letsargue is obvious and forgiven for everyone)... but you're pretending to be a nano engineer or whatever you said, c'mon.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I am a newbie here..! first of all thanks to everyone who are going to tell their opinion :dead:

Here are some facts :
1. There is no biblical evidence that Dec. 25 was Jesus birth date,

2.Luke tells us that the shepherds were keeping their sheep in the fields at night when Jesus was born. "And she [Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night" (Luke 2:7-8
, emphasis added throughout).
But late December is Judea's cold and rainy season. Would shepherds actually keep their fragile flocks out in the open fields on a cold late-December night near Bethlehem?
No responsible shepherd would subject his sheep to the elements at that time of year when cold rains, and occasional snow, are common in that region.

3.Luke also tells us that Jesus was born at the time of a census ordered by the Roman emperor (Luke 2:1-3). The Romans were brilliant administrators; they certainly would not have ordered people to journey to be registered at a time of year when roads would have been wet and muddy and traveling conditions miserable. Such a move would have been self-defeating on its face.

4.If the Christmas holiday is an important celebration to honor the birth of Jesus Christ, why is it nowhere mentioned in the Bible? Why didn't Christ instruct His closest followers, His 12 chosen apostles, to keep Christmas? Why didn't they institute or teach it to the early Church?

**Before you answer, consider that Jesus gave great authority to His 12 apostles, assuring them that they will hold positions of great importance and responsibility in His Kingdom (Matthew 18:18
; 19:28; Luke 22:29-30). But since Jesus never taught His apostles to keep Christmas, nor did they ever teach it to the Church though they had years of opportunity to do so, shouldn't that make us question whether Christmas is something Jesus really wants or appreciates?**

5. Jeremiah 10:3-4
A tree from the forest is cut down
and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
they fasten it with hammer and nails
so that it cannot move.
**see the orgin of xmas tree**

6.The Christmas holiday is largely a recycled pagan celebration.
Again, surprising but true! Read it for yourself in just about any encyclopedia.
Consider the customs associated with Christmas. What do decorated evergreen trees, holly, mistletoe, yule logs, a jolly plump man in a fur-lined red suit, sleighs and flying reindeer have to do with the birth of Jesus Christ?
None of these things have anything to do with Him, but they have a lot to do with ancient pagan festivals. (Read the eye-opening details in our free booklet Holidays or Holy Days: Does It Matter Which Days We Keep? )
And what about the date of Dec. 25? How did it come to be assigned as the supposed date of Jesus Christ's birth? Historians Gerard and Patricia Del Re explain:
"The tradition of celebrating December 25 as Christ's birthday came to the Romans from Persia. Mithra, the Persian god of light and sacred contracts, was born out of a rock on December 25. Rome was famous for its flirtations with strange gods and cults, and in the third century the unchristian emperor Aurelian established the festival of Dies Invicti Solis, the Day of the Invincible Sun, on December 25.
"Mithra was an embodiment of the sun, so this period of its rebirth was a major day in Mithraism, which had become Rome's latest official religion . . . It is believed that the emperor Constantine adhered to Mithraism up to the time of his conversion to Christianity. He was probably instrumental in seeing that the major feast of his old religion was carried over to his new faith" ( The Christmas Almanac, 1979, p. 17).
It's difficult to determine the first time anyone celebrated Dec. 25 as Christmas, but historians generally agree that it was sometime during the fourth century—some 300 years after Christ's death. And then a contrived date was chosen because it was already a popular pagan holiday celebrating the birth of the sun god!
Similarly, virtually all of the customs associated with Christmas are recycled from ancient pagan festivals honoring other gods.

What you gonna do christians? **for example** If you have a son/daughter and they have birthday on july 5,and am telling to celebrate it on september 16 means do you appreciate? then how the god can appreciate that?..

FAMOUS WORDS COME TO MIND - "If 50 million people believe a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing." -- George Bernard Shaw.

wake up christians....worship the god our lord in the way he wanted...! God bless you all

**share your thoughts**
Really? I didn't know any of this, and I've been a believer for nearly 30 years! I've been posting on this theology website, which is for the purpose of discussing the Bible and the information within for almost a decade, and I've seriously never heard any of this before!

sarcasm+meter.jpg

ferdin08

Resurrection day is the Sunday after Passover.

This will be the first time I've picked on someone's communication skills (letsargue is obvious and forgiven for everyone)... but you're pretending to be a nano engineer or whatever you said, c'mon.
You forgot something:
son-300x224.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
ferdin08,, is just a new know-it-all, troublemaker, which makes him a pest