Who will answer my questions?

oatmeal

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. 7And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. 8And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. 9And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink."

26Eight days later, His disciples were once again inside with the doors locked, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

Now, if you do not believe, or attempt to argue against the truth, take you false ideas elsewhere.

Having read the record and having been taught the record from Acts that you shared, will you elaborate as to how that answers my questions?

How does that support your statement, "One must fully believe in the divinity of Christ"???

Where in that verse is Jesus Christ referred to as "Godman"?

I am glad you brought up the record from John 20:28, for the reason that the book of John was written is stated clearly in John 20:31

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

Was scripture written that we might believe that Jesus is "Godman" or in the divinity of Christ?

No, it was not. Scripture was written that we might believe that Jesus is the Christ, (the anointed, see Acts 10:38, who anointed Jesus of Nazareth?) the son of God.

If we are to believe that the jubilant cry of Thomas "my lord and my god" is proof that Jesus is literally God, then how much more should we believe God's statement in Exodus 7:1 that Moses is God.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet."

Was God wrong to state that Moses is a god?

God is right to state that Moses is a god because Moses is a god because God made Moses to be a god.

Do you believe that God is right? Did God make Moses a god?

Do you trust God more than Thomas if you had to choose between them?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

Just do not attempt to sell me Jewish belief is also Christian belief. The written law was the reason they demanded the crucified Jesus, for you Jesus never raised himself from the dead. You know, the written words of the Priest in Jeweish tests was held above Jesus and you still believe.

oatmeal

If you understand that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe, why do you tell me that if we do not keep His commandments, we don't love God? Does that make sense to you, Oats?

What is it we learn from the law....other than we're guilty?

That's a false dichotomy, and it misrepresents what being delivered from the law means. :mmph:

The law served it's purpose with believers when they turned to Christ for His mercy and Grace. It's justification of faith, rather than attempting to be justified by commandment keeping.

It's not something I can do, but what Christ has done in all believers. The law is fulfilled in us by Christ's condemning sin in the flesh on the Cross. I certainly won't presume to claim he needed my help in that, will you?

Yes, it does make sense to me for there are commandments in the law of Moses and there commandments in the epistles of Paul.

Both are commandments.

So, since the law of Moses says we should love God, but we are no longer under the law of Moses for righteousness does that mean we no longer have to love God?

Oh, I asked you that already!

Really? you cannot learn anything from the law except that you are guilty?

I learn what I fulfill by walking by the spirit, ie, being led by the spirit of God and by loving others.

That is not the source of guilt but of great joy on my part for who could claim, other than the perfect man that God sent, to have fulfilled the law?

When I walk in love being led by the spirit of God there is tremendous joy in my heart!

False dichotomy? Then why do you still believe that adultery is wrong since you are no longer under the law?

Actually in the last half of your post, I believe that you and I are on the same page, basically. You say it different than I would but that is your style of speaking and my style of speaking do not use the same vocabulary.

oatmeal

Just do not attempt to sell me Jewish belief is also Christian belief. The written law was the reason they demanded the crucified Jesus, for you Jesus never raised himself from the dead. You know, the written words of the Priest in Jeweish tests was held above Jesus and you still believe.

Well, my thread is apply named.

Clearly not you.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well, my thread is apply named.

Clearly not you.
We had this conversation ten years ago when you were somewhat more open-minded, now you are determined to resist all and any attempt to make you see, not believing in j=Jesus and Lord and God, just aint Christian.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Well, are you saying that Jesus is spirit only?

or are you saying that Jesus Christ was body and soul and spirit?

Every believer is made of body and soul and spirit. I Thessalonians 5:23

No, we just have a body and a spirit. Our living body is called a soul. Our spirit is who we are. Our body is our tent for our spirit.

In 1 Thessalonians. we can see that God will sanctify us through and through, our whole spirit (spirit without a body), soul (spirit and body together), and our body (with or without our spirit/dead or alive). God truly sanctifies us through and through.

oatmeal

We had this conversation ten years ago when you were somewhat more open-minded, now you are determined to resist all and any attempt to make you see, not believing in j=Jesus and Lord and God, just aint Christian.

Well, like I said, my thread is aptly titled.

"Who will answer my questions?"

Clearly not you.

Reminiscing is not answering my questions.

If you read my thread and posts back then, I think you would have found the same verses I use now. But over the years I have learned more verses that reaffirm what scriptures teach about Jesus. That he is not "God the Son" but the son of God

And you and other trinitarians keep telling me that if I don't believe what you believe, that I am not a Christian

Has anyone showed me a scripture that says that?

Has anyone showed a scripture where God uses trinitarian terms like "trinity, triune, fully God/fully man, Godman, hypostatic union, second person of the blessed trinity, God the Son" ?

No, God does not tell us to use those terms to describe himself.

So why use them?

In all God's wisdom and clarity and completeness in presenting truth in scripture, why does He not use those terms?

Why won't you answer my questions?

oatmeal

2 Corinthians 3:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

You used this verses to show that God the Father became flesh

Now you say it refers to Jesus being spirit.

Who is it about?

Have you made up your mind yet?

oatmeal

Jesus Christ did not raise himself from the dead, for Jesus was dead when God raised him from the dead.

If Jesus was alive to raise himself from the dead than Jesus was not dead but alive.

If Jesus did not die, then he did not die, and then it is a false claim that he died for our sins if in fact he did not die.

He cannot have died for our sins and yet be alive at the same time.

He no more raised himself from dead than the believers who are asleep in Jesus, ie, dead, shall rise up from the dead of their own accord as stated in I Thessalonians 4:16 "... the dead in Christ shall rise first" It reads that the dead in Christ shall rise first. How do you explain that? Are they going to rise from the dead because we are God? or is there some other explanation?

No one receives the gift of salvation by believing that Jesus raised himself, one of the two prerequisites is that we believe that God raised him from the dead, not that he raised himself Romans 10:9-10

Why doesn't Romans 10:9 not require that we believe that Jesus raised Jesus from the dead?

oatmeal

If the dead are not really dead, then why would the need a body to be raised that they evidently have lived happily without in heaven for maybe thousands of years?

What is the point of a resurrection if no one is dead?

If they are not dead but alive why doesn't scripture say, "they are not really dead, some klutz did some typos and put in the word dead when I really meant alive"

God's Truth

If the dead are not really dead, then why would the need a body to be raised that they evidently have lived happily without in heaven for maybe thousands of years?

What is the point of a resurrection if no one is dead?

If they are not dead but alive why doesn't scripture say, "they are not really dead, some klutz did some typos and put in the word dead when I really meant alive"

Our bodies are taken from us because of sin. We will be given new bodies. How do you miss that in the scriptures?

God's Truth

You used this verses to show that God the Father became flesh

Now you say it refers to Jesus being spirit.

Who is it about?

Have you made up your mind yet?

You are very confused.

There is one Spirit.

God the Father is that one Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is that one Spirit.

Jesus is that one Spirit.

All humans have a spirit.

Jesus came as a human.

His spirit is the Spirit of God.

Elia

Jesus showed many miracles as proof.

Bs"d

Miracles are no proof:

So we see in the above post that the NT introduces another man-god.

And since we know that there is only one God, Y-H-W-H, therefore we know that the NT leads to idolatry:

If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for Y-H-W-H your God is testing you to know whether you love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after Y-H-W-H your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which Y-H-W-H your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

If anyone secretly entices you—even if it is your brother, your father’s son or your mother’s son, or your own son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your most intimate friend—saying, “Let us go worship other gods,” whom neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 any of the gods of the peoples that are around you, whether near you or far away from you, from one end of the earth to the other, 8 you must not yield to or heed any such persons. Show them no pity or compassion and do not shield them. 9 But you shall surely kill them; your own hand shall be first against them to execute them, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 Stone them to death for trying to turn you away from Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 11 Then all Israel shall hear and be afraid, and never again do any such wickedness.
"
Deut 13

oatmeal

You are very confused.

There is one Spirit.

God the Father is that one Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is that one Spirit.

Jesus is that one Spirit.

All humans have a spirit.

Jesus came as a human.

His spirit is the Spirit of God.

Not at all, could you elaborate?

Which is it?

There are many spirits, God who is the Holy Spirit and God gave to us of His spirit, I John 4:13 and there are evil spirits called devils

Only humans that have done Romans 10:9 have received the gift of salvation/eternal life spirit, holy spirit, the rest are body and soul only, known as the natural man.

Since God gave to us of His spirit just like He did for his son we have the same potential as Jesus Christ!

Spiritually speaking that is.

Which is how we can fulfill John 14:12

popsthebuilder

No, not at all.

God, who is the Holy Spirit and the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ is the one and only Creator.

He created the heaven and earth for man to live and thrive in, but He did so most notably for His eventual son who would take upon himself the challenge to redeem mankind and succeed
So we are in agreement so far according to this post I am responding to.

Now; please don't let my words confuse you due to my poor execution.

We both know Jesus was a man. But the spirit that was in that man; did He have it upon conception? Was that spirit the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit being synonymous with the spirit of Jesus the man as he walked the earth doesn't make the man Jesus synonymous with the One Creator GOD, it does show that there is one Spirit, and that spirit utterly filled the vessel and temple that was the man Jesus.

I agree that division between man and GOD should remain understood, but there is no difference in the soul of the man Jesus as He lived in a mortal body, and the spirit of GOD, except for the limits of the mortal vessel in my....opinion.

Can you conclude that what I have stated is a least plausible?

peace

popsthebuilder

OK, you might know some scripture, as the Jews know it, but you are not a Christian!

TOL is a Christian forum, so do not try to convert other Christians to your faith,
Not all christians believe in the same manner if you hadn't heard. It is a sure sign of the misdirection of the masses.

Oatmeal has the right to the term christian just as much as you or me or any other who confesses belief in the Christ of GOD.

popsthebuilder

One must fully believe in the divinity of Christ; all the NT is based on salvation through Christ, The Godman,not some sinless man
Christ being the Spirit of GOD doesn't make the man Jesus the literal utter fullness of GOD as a man.

Christ means anointed by GOD. Why would GOD anoint GOD?

further; why would the eternal GOD demand GOD (spirit) to be a blood sacrifice to GOD, and how does that bring one closer to GOD when they believe it? How is that belief effectual in one's life?

Last edited: