Who will answer my questions?

oatmeal

Everything I post is from the scripture. The fact you don't recognise what I post as scriptural doctrine further proves the Holy Spirit is neither teaching nor leading you. I don't provide chapter and verse as a habit, because chapters and verses were not added until 1227 and 1555 respectively.

Well, the Devil spoke scripture to Jesus Christ to tempt him

Luke 4 and Matthew 4

oatmeal

I wasn't temping anyone. Are you really this stupid or are you impersonating the village idiot? Rhetorical?

Why do you hate so much?

What happened to love your neighbor?

What happened to love your enemy?

Oh, wait, your god controls you, you have not choice.

The true God is love

Why not decide to do God's will by your own free will choice, then you will understand John 8:32

glorydaz

There's no such thing at the wrong side of the cross, where does it say that in the bible? We either truly follow Jesus or we don't. And to follow him according to Jesus. Is to deny ourselves and take up our cross daily, and he said those not willing to do this are not worthy of him. And that his brothers, sisters and mother are those who do the will if the father in heaven. And i believe him

I also see that you brought up entering into God's rest a recent post, and again you have pulled me up about death to self, those who have entered into God's rest die to self and live for God. We don't live by the works of the flesh anymore , we start to die to them through Christ by the Spirit and live by the will of God.

Romans 8

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: BUT IF YE THROUGH THE SPIRIT DO MORTIFY THE DEEDS OF THE BODY, YE SHALL LIVE...... (Paul taught about death to self)

Hebrews 4

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did.from his..Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Ceasing from our works, is ceasing to live by the works of the flesh, the works that glorify ourselves, and then to live by the works and will of God, the works that glorify him This is death to self. Listening to the Spirit as he teaches and guides us, and then denying ourselves to live by the will of God. Truly following Jesus

You might call that the wrong side of the cross, but I call it the truth. And those truly risen with Christ live by God's will and obey God and the teachings of Christ Jesus.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Just because you toss out verses willy nilly doesn't mean you have a clue what they mean.

Just because you try and mix law and grace doesn't mean it will mix any better than water and oil mix.

Just because you try to follow Jesus as He walked in the flesh doesn't mean you have been crucified with Christ and understand what it means to walk according to the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

popsthebuilder

later kid. Way later:plain:
Why wait? Ate we not to attempt to help one another and me support and guidance and mercy towards one another.

I find procrastination to be a terrible thing.

peace

Philippians: 2. 8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16. Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 17. Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. 21. For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's. 22. But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel. 27. For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. 28. I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful. 29. Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation: 30. Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

popsthebuilder

Just because you toss out verses willy nilly doesn't mean you have a clue what they mean.

Just because you try and mix law and grace doesn't mean it will mix any better than water and oil mix.

Just because you try to follow Jesus as He walked in the flesh doesn't mean you have been crucified with Christ and understand what it means to walk according to the Spirit.
Soooo..... Law and grace don't mix?

Can you show that scripturally please?

I'm genuinely asking if you were wondering. (not saying you were)

glorydaz

Soooo..... Law and grace don't mix?

Can you show that scripturally please?

I'm genuinely asking if you were wondering. (not saying you were)

Why would Christ be the END OF THE LAW for those who believe if the two could be mixed? Romans 10:4

We must be redeemed from the CURSE OF THE LAW in order to access the Grace of God through faith.

Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:​

To claim righteousness comes from the law frustrates the Grace of God...meaning Christ died in vain.

Gal. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

Truster

Nor was I, may have been their point.

Wait.... Are you playing?

I notice that you started a threat. I also notice that hardly anyone engages with you there. So you troll other threads makinging inane remarks with zero doctrinal content. Wise up or at least get the hint.

God's Truth

Really? so you have scripture references that show that?

Please, would list some of them?

2 Corinthians 3:16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

marhig

Really! do you realise that to be crucified with Christ is to die to self? And once we walk according to the Spirit we have the laws in our hearts and in our minds?

And all those born of God should try to follow Jesus as he walked in the flesh, he wasn't perfect example to follow for nothing. If he was a perfect example to follow, then we through him, by the power of the Spirit should be walking after him as he walked in the flesh.

To be crucified with Christ is our flesh being put to death (death to self)

Galatians 5

This*I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.*For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.*But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.*Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are*these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told*you*in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.*But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,*Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.*And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

And Paul also says above that once at have the fruit of the Spirit, then against such there is no law, in other words the laws of God aren't just set aside by those who are born of God, but rather those who walk in the Spirit have the laws of God within, in their hearts and minds, taught by the Spirit, and the Spirit helps them to put the lusts of their flesh to death (death to self) so they don't need to follow the letter of the law, because as they walk in the Spirit and produce fruit, they are obeying the laws of God through faith being saved by his grace. Grace does not abandon the law. Those who are in God's grace establish the law through faith.

Romans 3

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

marhig

I notice that you started a threat. I also notice that hardly anyone engages with you there. So you troll other threads makinging inane remarks with zero doctrinal content. Wise up or at least get the hint.
Is that all your can do? Insult others? Can't you answer him in God? Most of your posts have zero doctrinal content, they just say how bad everyone else is and how great you see yourself!

You who is the redeemed, regenerate sinner who has a heart not blood pump seeing everyone else as wrong and yourself are perfect !!!!!!

oatmeal

I wasn't temping anyone. Are you really this stupid or are you impersonating the village idiot? Rhetorical?

Truster,

I didn't say you were, maybe you should pay closer attention to what I write.

Just because someone quotes or say they are speaking scripture does not mean that they know what they are talking about.

As insulting as your comments tend to be,

I forgive you and maybe whatever stone is in your shoe, you take time to remove and quit taking it our on other people

Truster

Truster,

I didn't say you were, maybe you should pay closer attention to what I write.

Just because someone quotes or say they are speaking scripture does not mean that they know what they are talking about.

As insulting as your comments tend to be,

I forgive you and maybe whatever stone is in your shoe, you take time to remove and quit taking it our on other people

I have no need of forgiveness for speaking the truth....more likely you should pay attention to the truth, but there again, you don't even recognise it.

oatmeal

Why would Christ be the END OF THE LAW for those who believe if the two could be mixed? Romans 10:4

We must be redeemed from the CURSE OF THE LAW in order to access the Grace of God through faith.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:​

To claim righteousness comes from the law frustrates the Grace of God...meaning Christ died in vain.

Gal. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

We are most definitely not under the law for righteousness and we never will be.

To suggest that we do the law in order to receive the gift of righteousness is folly, thus we must keep the grace we live in separate from the law.

However, it is profitable to us to know that as we walk in the instructions that God gives us to live in this age of grace, we do fulfill the law. Romans 13:10,

Romans 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 13:8

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:10

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

But it is necessary that we do not put ourselves under the law.

Yet the basic truths found in the law are still good and true.

We are to still love God and keep his commandments, though the commandments in this age of grace are different and better than those in the law.

popsthebuilder

I didn't say righteousness came from the law, but I don't think Christ abolished the law either.

The written law isn't what we have to believe, but the law placed on our minds and hearts by the Holy Spirit, and the One we are guided towards through our selfless conscience.

So Christ abolished the law?