Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

Quincy

Some of the more enthusiastic anti-gays here perhaps don't seriously want to think about this question and would studiously like to avoid it else their own sexuality could merely be a matter of fallible human choice, circumstance or whim. Cognitive dissonance makes them irritable perhaps?

I agree. Quite irritable indeed. I often wonder why some Christians get so worked up over homosexuality as opposed to other sins, if all sins are sins, equally bad.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I agree. Quite irritable indeed. I often wonder why some Christians get so worked up over homosexuality as opposed to other sins, if all sins are sins, equally bad.

Believers rightly view rampant homosexuality as a very dangerous red flag, for historically, open acceptance of such vile practices signal the end of civilizations. Example: The destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah!

All practices of sin ultimately produce God's judgments, and the worst of judgements is the evidence of gross reprobation. (e.g. Romans 1:24-2:9)

Any and all truly reprobate societies is doomed to obliteration.

Nang

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Well, Arthur - I must compliment you on the vitriol you seem to have summoned, not having a response does certain things to people.

As for the conflation of pork meatballs and faggots...

Now, we know what happens to wee little piggies who do not conform.

Believers rightly view rampant homosexuality as a very dangerous red flag, for historically, open acceptance of such vile practices signal the end of civilizations. Example: The destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah!

You killed it with that historical example, I'm not quite sure how he'll recover.

Also, your name is very time-consuming to edit out when quoting... Just saying.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
To answer your question, being a bisexual, I have chosen to be in a heterosexual relationship.

I was actually at the cinemas today with a bi-sexual guy and I probed him about his sexuality quite a little, he didn't seem to mind talking about it since I'm quite clearly not a member of the Westboro church.

Was an informative and enjoyable chat, plus he's racist and homophobic, so I took great pleasure in pointing out the irony of his possession of both qualities he dislikes.

He doesn't like the mocking of overweight people, so we do have our standards.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Your orientation is your gender, you vile disgusting faggot lover. To hell with you! :) You are not confused by my position on the matter are you?

Your sex is your gender is your orientation is your sexuality, mhh, you've probably done a lot of research - at least from my perspective that is how it appears.

Instead of writing a coherent riposte, you could always neg rep me?

Granite

Hall of Fame
There was no choice to make. Always liked girls, always have, always will.

That there's zero choice involved doesn't sit well with bigots because they're prudent enough to realize how distasteful it is to hate someone for who they are.

lovemeorhateme

Furthermore, how could you *choose* to be homosexual if you're straight?

Growing up, I didn't choose to have homosexual feelings. If I could have had the choice I would have chosen to never have them.

That being said, it was most certainly a choice what I did with those homosexual feelings. At the start I made some very wrong choices.

At the end of the day, I didn't choose to have homosexual feelings but I did choose to not have them. I had to make a conscious choice that I wasn't going to live a homosexual life but a Godly life.

Quincy

I was actually at the cinemas today with a bi-sexual guy and I probed him about his sexuality quite a little, he didn't seem to mind talking about it since I'm quite clearly not a member of the Westboro church.

Was an informative and enjoyable chat, plus he's racist and homophobic, so I took great pleasure in pointing out the irony of his possession of both qualities he dislikes.

He doesn't like the mocking of overweight people, so we do have our standards.

Well, I don't mind talking about my own though not really on open forum. In person or on skype or something maybe but yea I get what you mean. However, I just wanted to comment on him being racist and homophobic. It's interesting that he is homophobic. Most homosexuals dislike bisexuals on the premise that we are all promiscuous, faking it or can't be trusted. So we are like a minority hated by the minority :chuckle: . I don't really care personally, what anyone else thinks. I just find it funny he is giving it back to them!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Growing up, I didn't choose to have homosexual feelings. If I could have had the choice I would have chosen to never have them.

That being said, it was most certainly a choice what I did with those homosexual feelings. At the start I made some very wrong choices.

At the end of the day, I didn't choose to have homosexual feelings but I did choose to not have them. I had to make a conscious choice that I wasn't going to live a homosexual life but a Godly life.

:up:

This matters most . . . this is called "repentance" which comes to believers by the grace and power of God.

lovemeorhateme

Well, I don't mind talking about my own though not really on open forum. In person or on skype or something maybe but yea I get what you mean. However, I just wanted to comment on him being racist and homophobic. It's interesting that he is homophobic. Most homosexuals dislike bisexuals on the premise that we are all promiscuous, faking it or can't be trusted. So we are like a minority hated by the minority :chuckle: . I don't really care personally, what anyone else thinks. I just find it funny he is giving it back to them!

That's a bit rich coming from most homosexuals...

:chuckle:

Cruciform

So, is homosexuality an impulse, choice or impulsively relational choice? :mmph:
"Homosexuality" in the sense of an attraction or tendency (temptation) is not chosen, any more than, say, a temptation toward adultery is chosen. Whether or not to engage in homosexual (or adulterous) acts, however, is certainly a choice.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Er, no it isn't. You can declare that as much as you will, it won't make it any the more 'true'.

There is no other possible explanation for why you started the thread. Unless you are going to try to convince people that you expected anyone to be surprised at you declaring you were born straight.

Who exactly is trying to 'force biblical truth into the closet'? I'm not and neither is anyone else that I've seen. If the question bothers you so much then I'm sorry you have such a reaction to it.
It does not bother me to show you for what you are. :idunno:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm glad to see that AB used the word "choose" in the OP. For it is a choice. I have yet to see the discovery of a gene that determines sexuality. Good for you AB.

Arthur Brain

There is no other possible explanation for why you started the thread. Unless you are going to try to convince people that you expected anyone to be surprised at you declaring you were born straight.

Of course there is. It obviously gets your goat but I didn't start it with the intention of using it as a 'weapon' and several others have managed to debate the topic without some preconceived intent on my part. I don't tend to shy away from calling a 'spade a spade' Delmar so if the sole intention of this thread was to be contentious merely for the sake of it I'd have no problem admitting it. It wasn't, although I did know it might spark some intense debate. So? I've spoken the truth in it from my own perspective and I could care less if you see it as anything different frankly. project as much as you want.

It does not bother me to show you for what you are. :idunno:

Imagination does that sometimes....

:plain:

john w

Hall of Fame
Well, many thanks, but it still seems open for response....

:e4e:

You missed it:

Who here chose to be a "lustful thought-er?"

You: I can't help it, I was born to "like" men, was born having the inclination to rob people, was born with these lustful thoughts, ................(fill in the blank), so it's OK.

GuySmiley

Being heterosexual is the natural state of humanity. Homo's are created through perversion. I didn't chose to be heterosexual, I just am. It does not follow then that homosexuality is not a choice either. And if it weren't a choice, it doesnt follow then that it is right.