Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

Arthur Brain

I am suggesting that people learn their "sexual orientation" in a similar way that they learn their native language, through observation and interaction with their environment during their formative years.

This would typically lead to a heterosexual orientation, especially when considering the biological imperative to procreate, but will sometimes lead to asexual, bisexual, homosexual, or fetish orientations in instances of mismatched environmental and biological stimuli.

Well that's one take on it. I don't believe mine came about through such as it wouldn't have even meant anything at such a young age. I saw girls differently to boys before I was five and the 'language' comparison still doesn't work. That's something that has to be taught and subsequently learnt in order to communicate - and that takes time.

To use another analogy. Say someone is born with a prodigious talent. That would require learning a subject before the fruits of such could come to fruition, but one is still born with it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I am suggesting that people learn their "sexual orientation" in a similar way that they learn their native language, through observation and interaction with their environment during their formative years.

This would typically lead to a heterosexual orientation, especially when considering the biological imperative to procreate, but will sometimes lead to asexual, bisexual, homosexual, or fetish orientations in instances of mismatched environmental and biological stimuli.

So?

A better question is to ask yourself how you culturally developed the self-righteous predisposition to judge other's sexual orientation.

Just take stringent measures to study upon yourself before obsessing upon the traits of others...and we'll all be better off for it.

genuineoriginal

Well that's one take on it. I don't believe mine came about through such as it wouldn't have even meant anything at such a young age. I saw girls differently to boys before I was five and the 'language' comparison still doesn't work.
Most five year olds can talk quite well.

That's something that has to be taught and subsequently learnt in order to communicate - and that takes time.
Like reading and writing, as opposed to hearing and speaking?

To use another analogy. Say someone is born with a prodigious talent. That would require learning a subject before the fruits of such could come to fruition, but one is still born with it.
So, it is like the prodigious talent of learning a primary language?

Arthur Brain

Most five year olds can talk quite well.

They still haven't come close to mastering a language at that age generally speaking.

Like reading and writing, as opposed to hearing and speaking?

Both inform learning how to communicate in given language.

So, it is like the prodigious talent of learning a primary language?

No, not at all. Most people have the capacity to learn, not everyone is born with a prodigious talent but the point of the analogy still holds. It's innate.

musterion

Granite and Arthur,

Are you homos? I don't mean together; every time there's a thread on this topic, you two are noticeably irritable.

Serious question.

You queer?

genuineoriginal

A better question is to ask yourself how you culturally developed the self-righteous predisposition to judge other's sexual orientation.
You culturally developed your self-righteous predisposition to judge others according to political correctness through repeated exposure to a bunch of lies.

genuineoriginal

No, not at all. Most people have the capacity to learn, not everyone is born with a prodigious talent but the point of the analogy still holds. It's innate.
You appear to be claiming that learning to be a homosexual requires a person to be born with a prodigious talent for something, perversion perhaps?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Nobody would choose hell, but they do choose to pervert nature as God created it...it is like a hate crime against God.

Arthur Brain

Granite and Arthur,

Are you homos? I don't mean together; every time there's a thread on this topic, you two are noticeably irritable.

Serious question.

You queer?

Considering I've stated my orientation on this thread alone it's hard not to see this as anything other than trolling. What you call irritable I'd call blunt. In case it's somehow still not clear then no, I'm not homosexual. I'm straight, I like women etc...all cleared up now? Jolly good. Doubtless Granite will inform you of the same in "irritable" fashion.

:plain:

musterion

uncertain-smiley-emoticon.png

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Furthermore, how could you *choose* to be homosexual if you're straight?

I remember mama, saying, “Do not choose boys impulsively, or for prurient desire, rather bid your time to reflect on the finality of commitment.”

I choose when the time was right!

In those days, no one choose to be homosexuals, as such choosing would lead to total ostracism, being consider a debouched creature, infected with concupiscence, and would render one vulnerable to acts deleterious to ones' person