ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

Jerry Shugart

God is not a respecter of folks on this side of the cross, and 2 gospels makes God out to be a liar. I am not buying into that darkness.

Why do you continue to run and hide from the fact that there were two instances of "good news" preached and when someone believed either sets of that "good news" they were saved?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Show me where anyone before Paul preached that the Lord Jesus was made "to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great and He shall divide the spoil with the strong because He poured out His soul unto death and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors. (Isaiah 53:12)​

Jerry Shugart

God is not a respecter of folks on this side of the cross, and 2 gospels makes God out to be a liar. I am not buying into that darkness.

What about the gospel that was preached on the other side of the Cross which is spoken of at Luke 9:6?

Were the Apostles preaching the death of Christ for the remission of sins even thoughn they did not even know that He was going to die until later (Lk.18:33-34)?

I am sure that you will once again run and hide from this like you do from all the other facts that contradict your delusions.

Run dodge run!

dodge

Then Paul did, except he was given a whole new series of revelations from Christ ascended, which superseded what came before "according to the flesh."

According to scripture ,which many do not dismiss to follow devised, cunning, rewriting and changing of scripture "ALL" of the Apostles received the message of the gospel of GRACE by and from the Holy Spirit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Mad, Roman Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, and all the others that marginalize Jesus to follow someone else all do it the same way. They distort , ignore, take out of context and place someone on par or above Jesus and His teachings.

Leave JW out of this, friend.

You don't know they honor Jesus' teachings more than you church.

Jerry Shugart

Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great and He shall divide the spoil with the strong because He poured out His soul unto death and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors. (Isaiah 53:12)​

Do you really think that verse is saying that the Lord Jesus was made "to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him"?

Really?

dodge

Jerry Shugart;4989430]What about the gospel that was preached on the other side of the cross which is spoken of at Luke 9:6?

Same Gospel different audiences.
Were the Apostles preaching the death of Christ for the remission of sins even thoughn they did not even know that He was going to die until later?

Jesus had that covered in what HE taught and which after the D.B.R. they all taught.

I am sure that you will once again run and hide from this like you do from all the other facts that contradict your delusions.

I do not run nor do I hide that is not my nature and my confidence is in Jesus NOT in men.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Run dodge run!

Only in your hallucinations. Kinda like you treat scripture.

Jerry Shugart

Do they honor His teaching here?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

The last time I talked to a JW he denied the Lord Jesus' words there!

Jerry Shugart

Same Gospel different audiences.

The "good news"that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

And of course you refused to admit that the gospel which was preached at Luke 9:6 is not the same gospel which Paul spoke of at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Two different gospels!

1 + 1 = 2.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do they honor His teaching here?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

The last time I talked to a JW he denied the Lord Jesus' words there!

that's strange, I never heard they denying anything that Jesus says.

Why don't we ask KR when she is here?

Jerry Shugart

that's strange, I never heard they denying anything that Jesus says.

Why don't we ask KR when she is here?

Why don't you tell us what the Lord Jesus said that it takes for a person to receive eternal life?:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you tell us what the Lord Jesus said that it takes for a person to receive eternal life?:

what don't you understand about this verse?

dodge

meshak, it is not about what I believe or you believe it is if we align and agree with God and what HE says on any subject.

The Jehovah's Witness organization claims to be the only true Christian group in the entire world. It says that all other churches, whether Catholic or Protestant, teach error and that anyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness will be destroyed by God. However, the facts show that this group is a deceptive sect. Here are four reasons why they should be avoided.

1. The Jehovah's Witnesses deny the central teachings of the Bible.

The Jehovah's Witness organization denies that Jesus Christ is God. Instead they teach that Jesus Christ is a created angel.

"The facts show that this group is a deceptive sect."
However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ, the Son, is God. For example, Hebrews 1:8 says, "But about the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever ...' " Many other verses also teach this — John 1:1, 14; 20:26-28; Acts 20:28; Romans 9:5; Hebrews 1:3, 8-9; 2 Peter 1:1.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead they teach that Jesus' body was dissolved into gases. Charles Taze Russell, founder of the organization taught, "The man Jesus is dead, forever dead" (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 5, 1899, p. 454).

However, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' body was raised back to life: For example, Luke 24:39 — "Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see I have." See also — John 2:19-21; John 20:26-28; 1 Corinthians 15:6,14.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the Holy Spirit is God. Instead they teach that the Holy Spirit is a impersonal force, like electricity.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God: Acts 5:3,4 — "Then Peter said, Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit ... You have not lied to men but to God." See also John 14:16-17; 16:13-15; Romans 8:26-27; 2 Corinthians 3:6,17-18; Ephesians 4:30.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that salvation is God's free gift. Instead they teach that salvation must be earned or merited. To obtain salvation and escape judgment, a person must join and do the works prescribed by the Jehovah's Witness organization.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that salvation cannot be earned or merited — it is God’s free gift: Ephesians 2:8-9 — "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast." See also: Romans 4:1-4; Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the endless punishment of the wicked. Instead they teach that unrighteous people will be annihilated and cease to exist.

However, the Bible clearly teaches the endless punishment of the wicked: Matthew 25:41, 46 — "Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels .... Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." See also: Matthew 18:8; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 14:10, 11; 20:10, 15.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny that human beings have a spirit that exists after death. Instead they teach that like animals, a person's life ceases to exist at death.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that the human spirit continues a conscious existence after death: 2 Corinthians 5:8 — "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord." See also: Luke 16:19-31; Philippians 1:23-24; Revelation 6:9-11.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that eternal life in God's presence is only for a select few. They claim that only a special group of 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses can be born again and live forever with God in heaven; all other Jehovah's Witnesses stay on earth.

However, the Bible clearly teaches that all those who put their faith in Jesus Christ will have eternal life in the presence of God. The Bible refers to this group as an innumerable multitude: Revelation 7:9, 15 — "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb ... they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple." See also: John 3:15; 5:24;12:26; Ephesians 2:19; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 3:1; 12:22; 2 Peter 1:10,11.

http://wit.irr.org/four-dangers-of-jehovahs-witnesses

Last edited:

dodge

So are you saying that faith in the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is the same faith in the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

You will NOT have either one without the other. Faith begins by believing Jesus died for our sins then matures into Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.

Can you believe Jesus is the Christ the Son of God without believing Jesus died for our sins? I don't think so.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Jehovah's Witness organization claims to be the only true Christian group in the entire world.

You are right. That's not so fair thing to say. That's one of the reasons why I don't join their organization.

Regardless, they are one of the most biblical Christians as a whole. They practice what they preach. They strive to be faithful to Jesus more than most churches as a whole.

Jerry Shugart

You will NOT have either one without the other. Faith begins by believing Jesus died for our sins then matures into Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.

What about the gospel mentioned at Luke 9:6? Did those who heard that gospel believe that the Lord Jesus was going to die for their sins?

dodge

What about the gospel mentioned at Luke 9:6? Did those who heard that gospel believe that the Lord Jesus was going to die for their sins?

Jerry, you destroy the continuity of scripture to place Paul in a position that makes everything else in scripture closed to you,sadly.

I follow Jesus who Paul said to follow.