White Privilege thread

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
If you watch very young children at play color doesn't matter. And the elderly (generally) are comfortable with each other regardless of color.
I'm sure that white privilege exists but it is weakening as access to education and jobs expands.

Even the bringing up of race is stigmatic to society. Here, it is not even mentioned, we exist as people.

That is a problem with the lobbyists and whatnot perpetuating the alleged issues- if you just leave it alone for crying out loud, we move on as a single species.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The term "white privilege" has become a popular term recently. I've started to study the term trying to understand the history and origin of the term and concept. This recent letter got me thinking even more.

You should start studying about the genocide against white South Africans TB.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world...acing-white-genocide-total-communist-takeover

http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html

https://violenceagainstwhites.wordpress.com/category/south-africa/

I see that white guilt ridden South African liberal Bronwyn Lea is a big fan of the late communist Nelson Mandela (seen here singing about murdering whites) :

Nelson Mandela sings about killing whites

and the late Desmond Tutu who would "...not worship a homophobic God and would rather go to Hell...".
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-23464694

Desie without a doubt got his wish.

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
There's not a single race on Earth which has not been enslaved, and yet, we labor under the incidences of a few.

Why is this?
Well, it's not hard to figure out. Agendas and ulterior motives are a dime a dozen in our our current social crises.

Ask me, however, what reason I should have to be sorry for my ancestors who persecuted your ancestors..
White guilt is an ignorance best left to the birds, I would never be apologetic about something I had no part of, towards another in my generation who never experienced it.
That is just insanity.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
White Privilege thread

In 2010, state Republicans in several large states "gerrymandered" the congressional districts to their advantage.

The net result in 2012 was that despite receiving 1.4 million fewer ballots in the popular vote, the GOP were "rewarded" with 23 more seats in the House that their Democratic counterparts.

Subverting the electoral system for the benefit of a rural, white, conservative minority is a warning that the creation of boundaries should be placed in the hands of a neutral commission which has no ulterior motives.

The Berean

White Privilege thread

In 2010, state Republicans in several large states "gerrymandered" the congressional districts to their advantage.

The net result in 2012 was that despite receiving 1.4 million fewer ballots in the popular vote, the GOP were "rewarded" with 23 more seats in the House that their Democratic counterparts.

Subverting the electoral system for the benefit of a rural, white, conservative minority is a warning that the creation of boundaries should be placed in the hands of a neutral commission which has no ulterior motives.

And who would serve on this neutral commission?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
And who would serve on this neutral commission?
Is "The Berean" insinuating that politics has become so ideologically driven in America that there is nobody capable of making objective decisions?

Sports can find officials capable of refereeing a Superbowl or a World Series - commissioners would be judged on their performance by creating boundaries that best reflect the popular vote.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
White Privilege thread

Sort of like in kindergarten, where the slow kids got to start first. Only this time, they make laws.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Sort of like in kindergarten, where the slow kids got to start first. Only this time, they make laws.
Once you undermine the public's faith that their vote has the same worth as every other American, that places "democracy" and the respect for law on a "slippery slope" that already exists in the minds of many.

The Berean

Is "The Berean" insinuating that politics has become so ideologically driven in America that there is nobody capable of making objective decisions?

Sports can find officials capable of refereeing a Superbowl or a World Series - commissioners would be judged on their performance by creating boundaries that best reflect the popular vote.

NO. The Berean asked you a simply and direct question. I will ask YOU again.

Who would serve on this neutral commission?

I'll ask a second question.

How would one be qualified to serve in this neutral commission.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I read the article, the author exhibits a classic self imposed white shame and the general ignorance of standing on the shoulders of his white ansestors.

It's not white privlage, it's the inheritance of white accomplishment along side the racial jealousy of blacks who have failed in general to assimilate into a more contemporary society than their own.

It was unnatural for white Europeans to conquer blacks, rule them and then expect them to naturally blend in and participate equally in a dominant white society.

It was unnatural for blacks to be sold into slavery by other blacks, ship them to white America but then emancipate them once the sin of slavery was acknowledged with the same expectation that they would assimilate.

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
1992: Court ordered districts
The 1990 census gave California seven additional congressional seats. Attempts by the legislature to draw up new districts were unsuccessful, as three different plans drawn up by the Democratic-controlled Legislature were vetoed by Republican governor Pete Wilson. In September 1991 the California Supreme Court took jurisdiction over the redistricting process to break the stalemate. Districts were drawn up by a panel of retired judges.

2012: Citizens Redistricting Commission
Proposition 11, a California ballot proposition known as the Voters FIRST Act, was approved by the voters on November 4, 2008. It removed from the California Legislature the responsibility for drawing the state's congressional districts, and gave the responsibility instead to a 14 member Citizens Commission. It also required that the districts drawn up
(1) comply with the federal Voting Rights Act;
(2) make districts contiguous;
(3) respect, to the extent possible, the integrity of cities, counties, neighborhoods and "communities of interest"; and
(4) to the extent possible, make districts compact. Several of these terms are not defined in law.

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger had earlier proposed placing the redistricting process in the hands of retired judges, which was on the November ballot as an initiative in a special election (called by the Governor on June 14, 2005), Proposition 77. The special election was held on November 8, 2005. However, the initiative was overwhelmingly defeated, with 59 percent voting no. All initiatives, including those proposed by the Governor's allies and several independent initiatives, failed that year.

The California Citizens Redistricting Commission certified final district maps on August 15, 2011, and they took effect with the 2012 election. The new districts are described as more "purple" than "red" or "blue" - that is, more mixed in electoral composition compared to the mostly "safe" districts of the previous decade, where incumbents were almost guaranteed re-election. An interactive map comparing the old districts with the new ones is available via the Los Angeles Times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California's_congressional_districts
The idea of a neutral commission producing electoral districts that best reflect the popular vote is already being implemented - although it remains too early to determine if this is the best approach.

The Berean

I read the article, the author exhibits a classic self imposed white shame and the general ignorance of standing on the shoulders of his white ansestors.

It's not white privlage, it's the inheritance if white accomplishment along side the racial jealousy of blacks who have failed in general to assimilate into a more contemporary society than their own.

It was unnatural for white Europeans to conquer blacks, rule them and then expect them to naturally blend in and participate equally in a dominant white society.

It was unnatural for blacks to be sold into slavery by other blacks, ship them to white America but then emancipate them once the sin of slavery was acknowledged with the same expectation that they would assimilate.
Interesting. What did you think of the video I posted?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
How would one be qualified to serve in this neutral commission.

California has it. And if you look carefully, you will find that Gerrymandering is much less obvious than it is in states that let partisan politicians do it.

I doubt if you can ever make it perfect. But if all states used a similar method, the vote of every American would have close to the same weight, and the republicans would be a minority in the house of representatives.

This being so, it will be no sooner than the next census before equality is restored to the process. Crazy as it sounds, drawing weird district lines for political advantage is perfectly legal in the United States, so long as the purpose is not to harm specific minority groups.

That made it a real minefield in Texas, since by definition changes to disadvantage democrats amounted to the same thing as changes to disadvantage minorities.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 1:23

"For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."​

Paul was right, his gospel remains a stumbling block to the Jews and appealed mainly to Gentile fools (who already had a Pagan concept of blood sacrifice). But a gallon can't fit into a quart so for now we will have to settle for compromised and distorted Christianity until the teachers of the original gospel appear in greater numbers.

Jesus didn't teach "Christ and him crucified", had the Jews accepted his original gospel they would be teaching it today from Jerusalem.

MarcATL

This secular humanist guy kind of describes how Sweden addressed "white privilege" on a certain level. Wow. I don't think I would want to live in "open-minded" Sweden.

WARNING. He uses a few obscene words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw
That was very informative. I dated a Swedish girl in my NYC days. She was a nanny. After New York, she moved to England for a number of years, even got married there. She eventually got divorced and is now back in Sweden. No, actually she left Sweden after a while and is back in England.

This video helps me to understand why a natural born Swede would want to leave.

Very informative. Thanks.

With that said, don't see what any of this has to do with white privilege.

The Berean

That was very informative. I dated a Swedish girl in my NYC days. She was a nanny. After New York, she moved to England for a number of years, even got married there. She eventually got divorced and is now back in Sweden. No, actually she left Sweden after a while and is back in England.

This video helps me to understand why a natural born Swede would want to leave.

Very informative. Thanks.

With that said, don't see what any of this has to do with white privilege.

The video seems to say that many Swdish politicians have "addressed" supposed Swedish white privilege by taking ridiculous positions and viewpoints, at least ridiculous to the guy who created the video. Why would someone say that Sweden has no history and no culture but only the immigrants who come to Sweden have a history and culture? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It seems Sweden is trying to make sure that they get rid of any perception of white privilege. He asked a good question about why it's ok for immigrants to be nationalist and proud of their culture but is considered "racist" if white Swedes do the same?