Which gospel?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't remember what day God made me willing to believe but I do remember it was a very long time ago. Beliveing only comes from a believer. We been through this many times but you seem to have one of those denial syndrome. You're repeating endless like you only asked once.
God didn't make you believe anything. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17 KJV). What good news did you trust the Lord after hearing that saved you? Why don't you preach it now?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
God didn't make you believe anything. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17 KJV). What good news did you trust the Lord after hearing that saved you? Why don't you preach it now?
If we look at your questions carefully, we can see "Earn salvation" embedded in them. That semi pelagianism. Thats false theology. It's bad news you talk like that. All believers trust in Jesus at all times. I'm a believer but you want to hear arminian answers out of me which I will not give cause it's also false theology.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If we look at your questions carfuly, we can see "Earn salvation" embedded in them. That semi pelagianism. Thats false theology. It's bad news you talk like that. All believers trust in Jesus at all times. I'm a believer but you want to hear arminian answers out of me which I will not give cause it's also false theology.
There is an order (notice the "after" Ephesians 1:13 KJV). There is no earning of salvation either, so you can turn your smoke machine off (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV)

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The only Gospel is the one Paul preached which was given him by Christ:

Gal. 3:8
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

It's the very same Gospel God preached to Abraham:

Gen. 26:4
And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

That all His Seed shall be Blessed Eph. 1:4!

It wasn't contingent on any performance on Abraham's part, nor was it offered as a possibility contingent on something his Seed would do, but it was absolutely Sure to all the Seed Rom. 4:16! For Christ took on Him the Seed of Abraham Heb. 2:16.

Is. 53:10
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

So all who are Christ's Seed shall be Born Again, Born of the Spirit, because they were Chosen In Union with Him before the foundation, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9!

Praise the Lord!

~~~~~
How come heir is never happy with the gospel coming from the Bible?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
There is an order (notice the "after" Ephesians 1:13 KJV). There is no earning of salvation either, so you can turn your smoke machine off (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV)
Good makes willing anytime according to his pleasure not yours. Silly smoke machine response. Nice try

heir

TOL Subscriber
The only Gospel is the one Paul preached which was given him by Christ:
Ridiculous! All good news is not the same good news.

There was a gospel preached prior to Paul in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ("the gospel of the kingdom" Matthew 4:23 KJV) which was the good news that the kingdom of heaven was at hand (Matthew 4:17 KJV). It did NOT include the fact that "Christ died for our sins" (a crucial element of our gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Before that, a gospel (the gospel of the uncircumcision) was preached to Abraham (Genesis 15:1-6 KJV).

Noah was given the good news that if he built an ark, it would be to the saving of him and his house (Hebrews 11:7 KJV).

And after the dispensation of the grace of God and a period of time following, the gospel of the kingdom will resume (Matthew 24:14 KJV). Angels will preach an everlasting gospel (Revelatin 14:6 KJV).

So then, you can see just how ridiculous this whole "the only gospel" talk is.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Good makes willing anytime according to his pleasure not yours. Silly smoke machine response. Nice try
The point: God didn't make you believe anything. Everyone has their own will (Leviticus 22:29 KJV). Eternal life is the gift of God! But like any gift, it must be received. If you push away the gift and don't accept the content of the package, it is not in your possession. You have not claimed it. We receive the love of the truth by faith (Romans 10:17 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Those who don't, perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The point: God didn't make you believe anything. Everyone has their own will (Leviticus 22:29 KJV). Eternal life is the gift of God! But like any gift, it must be received. If you push away the gift and don't accept the content of the package, it is not in your possession. You have not claimed it. We receive the love of the truth by faith (Romans 10:17 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Those who don't, perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).
God brought me the bible. That what he did. I read it

Danoh

God brought me the bible. That what he did. I read it

YOU believe He brought you the Bible. Someone else might not BELIEVE that.

The point being that you are confusing the fact that YOU believe a thing happened as YOU have believed it to have happened, as being the same as what actually happened.

Just because someone believes a thing is true, or not, or that it happened, or not; does not make it so.

Not according to Scripture.

According to Scripture believing, or "faith cometh by hearing; and hearing" or the opportunity to hear that one might then believe or reject a thing "cometh by the word of God" being preached.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

In summary of all that...

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Case in point...

Romans 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

THEY found Him.

How?

Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God.

By the word of God...

John 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

One can prove this as being the case all day...

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Nanja

Ridiculous!

So then, you can see just how ridiculous this whole "the only gospel" talk is.

Only to you and others who believe in a false gospel of works, as a result of spiritual blindness 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
the church gave us the bible
God wrote the 66 book bible, that's what's God breathed means. The church gave the RCC the extra books that fills the 73 book bible. You also gave the Orthodox more, 76 books. God lead the Protestants and there the complete bible formed.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
YOU believe He brought you the Bible. Someone else might not BELIEVE that.

The point being that you are confusing the fact that YOU believe a thing happened as YOU have believed it to have happened, as being the same as what actually happened.

Just because someone believes a thing is true, or not, or that it happened, or not; does not make it so.

Not according to Scripture.

According to Scripture believing, or "faith cometh by hearing; and hearing" or the opportunity to hear that one might then believe or reject a thing "cometh by the word of God" being preached.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

In summary of all that...

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Case in point...

Romans 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 10:21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

THEY found Him.

How?

Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God.

By the word of God...

John 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

One can prove this as being the case all day...

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
The holy spirit leads the regenerates. I'm not going all over the place with you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There was a gospel preached prior to Paul in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ("the gospel of the kingdom" Matthew 4:23 KJV) which was the good news that the kingdom of heaven was at hand (Matthew 4:17 KJV). It did NOT include the fact that "Christ died for our sins" (a crucial element of our gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Mark wrote, "Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, 'The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.'" (Mark 1:14-15)

What was the gospel?

Jesus said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

Ok, so how is a person born again?

Jesus explained, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:5-6)

This is the basis of Paul's gospel. (Romans 8:9)

Danoh

Only to you and others who believe in a false gospel of works, as a result of spiritual blindness 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

Now that is rich - your erroneous assertion that heir - OF ALL PEOPLE ON TOL - is preaching a gospel of works.

:doh:

Danoh

Mark wrote, "Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God and saying, 'The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.'" (Mark 1:14-15)

What was the gospe?...

Let's see...preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God; I wonder what good news that could be?

O wait, Mark tells one what it is - and saying the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand.

Of which good news He then said - repent and believe said good news.

Gee that was difficult.

Of course, I cheated a little, I looked at that from Daniel's timeline...

Daniel 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Matthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. 18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

In short, that day that had been Prophesied: Israel, is now here; turn back to the God of your fathers and believe this good news.