Which gospel?

Sonnet

"I agree there is only Paul's gospel by which all men can be saved today, but there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible."-saved heir

You:
"No, there is only one."

"Paul and the apostles all preached the same Gospel."

"Did Judas preach Galatians 3:7-9 KJV?"-saint John W

"No."-you

You assert:

-only one gospel, and it is Galatians 3:7-9.

-the apostles all preached this same "only one gospel,"...

Thus, Judas preached this "only one gospel," and yet you back peddled, saying that he did not.

So, you are contradicting yourself.

I think we are talking at cross-purposes here. I don't think our definitions are the same.

Would be better to start again from a common point of understanding.

The good news is found in what Jesus Christ has done in order to save mankind from their predicament.

john w

Hall of Fame
Judas was dead.

Did Judas preach this "only one gospel," as did the other apostles?

Quit the dodge ball. This is your argument.

.It's the good news of Jesus Christ.

Did Judas preach this "only one gospel," "the good news of Jesus Christ," like you say the 12 did-he was one of the 12?

You:
"No, there is only one."

"Paul and the apostles all preached the same Gospel."

Sonnet

It is not complicated. You assert-"only one gospel."

Did Judas preach it? He was one of the 12.

One gospel, yes - but a variety of words are used. I have been making the point that Jesus died for all rather than Jesus died for the elect (as some hear argue). If one assert that Jesus did not die for all then, what ever else they might say, they are not giving the gospel.

Judas was dead, but he proclaimed the kingdom of heaven beforehand.

john w

Hall of Fame
I think we are talking at cross-purposes here. I don't think our definitions are the same.

Would be better to start again from a common point of understanding.

The good news is found in what Jesus Christ has done in order to save mankind from their predicament.

Dodge ball....

You assert:

Thus, Judas preached this "only one gospel," and yet you back peddled, saying that he did not.

john w

Hall of Fame
One gospel, yes - but a variety of words are used. I have been making the point that Jesus died for all rather than Jesus died for the elect (as some hear argue). If one assert that Jesus did not die for all then, what ever else they might say, they are not giving the gospel.

Judas was dead, but he proclaimed the kingdom of heaven beforehand.

So, Judas did not preach this "only one good news," of Jesus Christ?

Quit dodging the question.

john w

Hall of Fame

Quite irrelevant rabbit trail....create a moving target.

Did Judas preach, according to you, this "only one gospel?'" He was one of the 12. Yes/no?

Sonnet

Dodge ball....

I think you need to calm down.

You assert:

No, Gslatians 1:7-9 shows us that the Gospel was announced to Abraham.

Already answered.

It would help if you let me know where you are going with this.

john w

Hall of Fame
No of course he didn't. The apostles preached 1 Cor 15:3-8 - but not Judas.

I asked:

"Did Judas preach this "only one gospel," as did the other apostles?"

Your response:

"No of course he didn't. The apostles preached 1 Cor 15:3-8 - but not Judas."

Vs.

"Paul and the apostles all preached the same Gospel."-you

Vs.

Luke 9 KJV
9 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. 3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. 4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. 5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. 6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Need help out that ditch, that you dug for yourself? When you are in a ditch, quit digging. "Gospel" merely means "good news." There is plenty of good news in the book-the context tells us which "good news"/gospel is being discussed.

The bible, in no uncertain terms, tells us that Judas was to preach "the gospel."

It is not that complicated(Mayor STP).

You assert:

john w

Hall of Fame
I think you need to calm down.

Already answered.

It would help if you let me know where you are going with this.

Judas, according to you, preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, since you assert "only one gospel."

Luke 9 KJV
9 Then he called his twelve disciples ............And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

You need to get less satanic.

So there.

Sonnet

I asked:

"Did Judas preach this "only one gospel," as did the other apostles?"

Your response:

"No of course he didn't. The apostles preached 1 Cor 15:3-8 - but not Judas."

Vs.

"Paul and the apostles all preached the same Gospel."-you

Vs.

Luke 9 KJV
9 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. 3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece. 4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart. 5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them. 6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Need help out that ditch, that you dug for yourself? When you are in a ditch, quit digging. "Gospel" merely means "good news." There is plenty of good news in the book-the context tells us which "good news"/gospel is being discussed.

No ditch. And I don't like your tone. :)

Sonnet

So, Judas did not preach this "only one good news," of Jesus Christ?

Quit dodging the question.

I'm not dodging anything mate.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

You didn't do that.

Sonnet

Judas, according to you, preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, since you assert "only one gospel."

Luke 9 KJV
9 Then he called his twelve disciples ............And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

You need to get less satanic.

So there.

Less satanic? You are obviously a wind up.

john w

Hall of Fame

The above, vs.

"I agree there is only Paul's gospel by which all men can be saved today, but there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible."-saved heir

You:
"No, there is only one."

Sonnet

So, Judas preacher the good news of Jesus Christ,according to you-1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV

That is satanic.

You need to get saved.

So there.

Fun!

No - the truth is is that I am genuinely looking at scripture and trying to find answers to some serious questions. I am searching the Bible to see if what it says is true - like the Bereans.