ECT Which Gospel Preached During the Tribulation Period?

Sheila B

Paul received and believed a gospel from Ananias when he was saved.

Later he received a different gospel directly from the Lord Jesus. That has to be a different gospel from the one which he received from Ananias because of what Paul says here:

"I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ" (Gal.1:11-12).

Again, you are emphasizing a similarity I hope:
That is, the two gospels you are convinced of are both from heaven, not man.

If so, they are more the same than different, are they not?

Sheila B

even though another item of good news was preached--QUOTE]

another item of good news?

Now we are getting closer. Another item of the One Gospel message.

Similar to Appollos' preaching being "accurate although he only knew of John's baptism."

Merely different items of the one Good news. Like facets on one diamond.

Jerry Shugart

Are you implying that the other gospel was made up by man?

Or are you saying both Gospels are from heaven but different? Paul makes a clear distinction here about his being from God and not man.
No, I am not implying that the other gospel was made up by man?
Jesus sent Ananias to administer the sacraments; Paul's entrance into the church was similar to everyone else's.
Acts 9:15
Acts 9:17 and 18

Laying on of hands, receiveing the Holy Spirit, and baptism.
Are you arguing that Paul did not receive a gospel prior to being baptized and prior to being filled with the Holy Spirit?

If your answer is "no" then tell me where you believe that he received a gospel.

Jerry Shugart

another item of good news?

Now we are getting closer. Another item of the One Gospel message.
Yes, another item of "good news."

The first instance of "good news" that was preached after the Cross was that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

The second item or instance of "good news" that was preached is the fact that Christ died for our sins.

Although both are instances of "good news" they are not the same good news!

But this simple understanding is way above your ability to understand.

Sheila B

Here Paul names two different gospels:

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (2 Cor.2:7).

Anyone with just a little common sense can understand that the "the gospel of the uncircumcision" is NOT the same gospel as the "the gospel of the circumcision."

Two methods. Two target audiences. The Chosen People had Holiness and Teaching and God's Presence among them.

All other peoples of humanity needed a lot more instruction to be brought up to speed. St. Paul instructrd people all night long and people fell asleep falling out of buildings! He had a lot to teach them about God's ways of holiness: "Justice and self-control and future judgement" took a lot longer to explain to people unversed in these godly matters.

The gospel of the circumcision was far more indepth, but difficult because they were hardened in their ways of seeing the Messiah as Paul himself had been. Also, the Jews were constantly defeating Paul's work especially among their own. Paul was the perfect one to understand their mindset as he had been a cheif persecutor himself.

The pagans, the gospel to the uncircumcision, believed quickly and gladly having no preconceived notions of what a Messiah should be like or do.

Jerry Shugart

That does not automatically follow that Paul received a different gospel at all. It shows he wanted to be sure he was correctly passing on the one true gospel once for all delivered to the saints.
Evidently you are ignoranant of the fact that before this Paul had already had an opportunity to find out of the gospel he preached then was the same gospel which the other Apostle were preaching:

"But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him" (Acts 9:27-29).

Don't you think Paul would have known by then whether or not the gospel which he preached in the synagogues was a true gospel or not?

So you still have no explanation as to why Paul would go to the other Apostles at a later date in order to learn whether or not he had been preaching the gospel which he preached "among the Gentiles" in vain:

"I went in response to a revelation and set before them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. But I did this privately to those who seemed to be leaders, for fear that I was running or had run my race in vain" (Gal.2:2).

beloved57

jerry:

There was a "gospel of the circumcision" and there was a "gospel of the uncircumcision." TWO DFFERENT GOSPELS!

Thats False. Paul and Peter preached the same gospel, one [peter] to circumcision, and [paul] to uncircumcision

Peter in preaching the Gospel to jews says in acts 3:

24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

And Paul states that this same message is for the gentiles Gal 3:

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The same exact Gospel !

Jerry Shugart

And Paul states that this same message is for the gentiles Gal 3:

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The same exact Gospel !
What was the "gospel" or "good news" that was preached to Abraham?:

"The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: 'All nations will be blessed through you' " (Gal.3:8).

The "good news" that was preached to Abraham was that " all nations will be blessed through you."

godrulz

Hall of Fame
How about that. For 10 years I was owner-operator of a motel on the Gulf of Mexico; retired also. Don't Stop the Carnival by Herman Woulk, par excellence!

Any advice about Merida or Mexico? How safe are Mexican airlines?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You finally see. There was a "gospel of the circumcision" and there was a "gospel of the uncircumcision." TWO DFFERENT GOSPELS!

TWO DIFFERENT TARGET AUDIENCES BY TWO DIFFERENT MINISTRY TEAMS!

Let me know when you see demarcation of ministry (fits context and whole teaching of NT with one Christ/one cross/one gospel).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus sent Ananias to administer the sacraments; Paul's entrance into the church was similar to everyone else's.
Acts 9:15
Acts 9:17 and 18

Laying on of hands, receiveing the Holy Spirit, and baptism.
Jumping in.

Are you saying these three are sacraments? I'm not familiar with your use of the term, and don't see sacraments in the verses you reference.

beloved57

"The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: 'All nations will be blessed through you' " (Gal.3:8).

The "good news" that was preached to Abraham was that " all nations will be blessed through you."

I have showed you your error.

beloved57

The Gospel of the Kingdom which is being preached in the great tribulation period preceding the return of Christ, is a Gospel that emphasizes God's Sovereignty in Salvation.

Websters states that Sovereign means " supreme in power, independent of an unlimited by any other.

Who can we attribute this to but to God. Truly in His word we have been considering, the indisputable witness that God is Sovereign, and that not only in salvation, but in all things.

eph 1:

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Lets continue to look at scripture that depicts this !

Rom 9:

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

God chooses whom He Loves and whom He hates !

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

God has the right to make some humans for Heaven and some for Hell !

isa 45:

9Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

isa 64:

8But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

isa 43:

7Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

This describes the True Christian. God created them, He formed them, He made them !

And yet the deceived believe a Christian is made by freewill of man !

notreligus

If Paul preached the same as Peter why do so many people think he was a heretic?

Most of those accusations come from either Jewish folk or Messianics. Some Messianics have a hard time dealing with Paul's New Man as they want to still be Jews and make the Jews the engine, while the Church is the caboose.

Zeke

Galatians 3:14,15,16.

Grace, Zeke.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No matter what the various nuts and humanistic fruitcakes, say, there is only one Gospel.

It is a divine and Spiritual Gospel.

And it conveys the good news that God has provided a Savior who could, and would, accomplish a reconciliation between sinful man and Holy God.

All the rest of what is posted in these forums, to the contrary, are false, empty, vain, and filthy lies . . . which will be rightfully purged on the Last Day by fire.

Nang

Zeke

No matter what the various nuts and humanistic fruitcakes, say, there is only one Gospel.

It is a divine and Spiritual Gospel.

And it conveys the good news that God has provided a Savior who could, and would, accomplish a reconciliation between sinful man and Holy God.

All the rest of what is posted in these forums, to the contrary, are false, empty, vain, and filthy lies . . . which will be rightfully purged on the Last Day by fire.

Nang

The gospel of the kingdom before the cross was the way under the law. The cross wasn't even understood, and was never preached before it happened by the disciples of Christ, and it was hid from the disciples when mentioned by Christ.
So which gospel is said to be preached to the whole world and then the end shall come?
Matthew 24:13,14, is that gospel, which is endure to the end and thou shall be saved to go into the kingdom, which contradicts Ephesians 2:8, 1Cor 15:1-4, and various other passages written concerning eternal salvation which you are right about their only being one, but what does the term saved mean in the kingdom gospel?

Grace, Zeke, saved and :burnlib: resistent