ECT Which Gospel Preached During the Tribulation Period?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The gospel of the kingdom before the cross was the way under the law.

No, this is the common misunderstanding.

The Law condemned.

The revelation of the promise of the Kingdom of God (in whatever point of time) was a matter of grace!

Nang

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, this is the common misunderstanding.

The Law condemned.

The revelation of the promise of the Kingdom of God (in whatever point of time) was a matter of grace!

Nang
And the law instructed/instructs.

Psalm 119:97 Mem. O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.

beloved57

More scripture Truth emphasizing the Gospel of the Kingdom !

Isa 45:

7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God is the absolute First creative cause of all things !

Jer 27:

5I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

The same with Salvation, God gives it unto whom it seem meet unto Him !

ps 100:

3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

God hath made some for vessels of wrath and destruction, and some for vessels of Mercy and honour.

ps 33:

11The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Beginning with Adam, until the last generation upon this earth, His counsel will stand. prov 19:

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

lk 4:

25But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

26But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

Notice in verses 26 and 27 unto none of them ! This is a revelation of God's Sovereignty in these scriptures of God doing according to His own will.

And the same things happens today when Gods Sovereignty in salvation is preached as what happened in verses 28-29

These next few verses emphasize Gods Sovereignty in reprobation !

Jn 12:

39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

You have to first be able to see to believe as indicated here Jn 6:

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

God Sovereignly and purposely will not give eyes to see ! Consequently, they cannot believe to conversion.

rom 11:

8(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Notice, God hath given them the spirit of slumber ! and He hath given them ears that can not hear, and Faith cometh by Hearing. So God prevented them from having Faith !

matt 11:

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

God has hid truth to some, and Christ is Thankful for that !

matt 11:

27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Jn 9:

39And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Jesus did not come into this world to give everyone a chance at getting saved, but His coming had a dark side too, to make some blind, to damn them for their sins in the day of Judgment.

This is preaching the Kingdom of God !

SaulToPaul 2

No matter what the various nuts and humanistic fruitcakes, say, there is only one Gospel.

Yes, those fruitcakes who quote scripture from the Holy Bible contradicting Reformation's holy doctrines, and demonstrate without a shadow of a doubt that there are different good news messages in the Holy Bible which contain different information. Those crazy nuts.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, those fruitcakes who quote scripture from the Holy Bible contradicting Reformation's holy doctrines, and demonstrate without a shadow of a doubt that there are different good news messages in the Holy Bible which contain different information. Those crazy nuts.
Jude 1:3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And the law instructed/instructs.

Psalm 119:97 Mem. O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.

Yes, this is the contrast between the two covenants.

Under the first ("old") Covenant of Works, every man is commanded of God, and every man fails and suffers condemnation for his failure to obey all of the Law.

Only one man ever succeeded in fulfilling all the Law and performed the Covenant of Works righteously . . . the Man Jesus Christ.

He did so in the flesh as Mediator for the people given to Him by the Father to represent in His life, death, and resurrection.

Those who are called and regenerated to new life by faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, are brought into the "new" Covenant of Grace and they are legally imputed with Christ's achievements and accomplishments under the Law.

Thus, the Christian is free from the condemnation of the Law (Romans 8:1) and freed through the indwelling Holy Spirit of Christ, to love and obey the "Law of Christ." This is a willing obedience that brings nothing but blessing and joy and a growing knowledge and conformity to the image of Christ.

King David was a believer, and expressed this spiritual gift of love and blessings in his psalms. Psalm 119 is the expression of every regenerated heart. Psalm 119 reflects the new hearts of every Christian who has been freed from enmity against God and who now lives loving God; His Word; and His Law . . . no longer under obligation to the Law for salvation; but under the instruction, protection, and provision of the Law for blessed guidance and holiness.

Psalm 119 is one of my most favorite portions of the Holy Scriptures, for it makes my heart sing in love for God; His saving grace; His wisdom, and His statutes!

Nang

beloved57

nang:
Those who are called and regenerated to new life by faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ

This sounds like works to me. Regenerated by Faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jude 1:3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.
SaulToPaul,

In answer to your question about "which saints":

The emphasis of the verse I am bringing is that it, the gospel, was once for all handed down. I'm not restling with the word saints or what it means. I'm pointing out that the Bible says there is a faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

This is not to say there is a Jewish Gospel and a Gentile Gospel. It is to say the gospel is for both Jew and Greek. Romans 1:16.

Then, people are not saved different ways. We are saved by God in His Son Jesus Christ.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, this is the contrast between the two covenants.

Under the first ("old") Covenant of Works, every man is commanded of God, and every man fails and suffers condemnation for his failure to obey all of the Law.

Only one man ever succeeded in fulfilling all the Law and performed the Covenant of Works righteously . . . the Man Jesus Christ.

He did so in the flesh as Mediator for the people given to Him by the Father to represent in His life, death, and resurrection.

Those who are called and regenerated to new life by faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, are brought into the "new" Covenant of Grace and they are legally imputed with Christ's achievements and accomplishments under the Law.

Thus, the Christian is free from the condemnation of the Law (Romans 8:1) and freed through the indwelling Holy Spirit of Christ, to love and obey the "Law of Christ." This is a willing obedience that brings nothing but blessing and joy and a growing knowledge and conformity to the image of Christ.

King David was a believer, and expressed this spiritual gift of love and blessings in his psalms. Psalm 119 is the expression of every regenerated heart. Psalm 119 reflects the new hearts of every Christian who has been freed from enmity against God and who now lives loving God; His Word; and His Law . . . no longer under obligation to the Law for salvation; but under the instruction, protection, and provision of the Law for blessed guidance and holiness.

Psalm 119 is one of my most favorite portions of the Holy Scriptures, for it makes my heart sing in love for God; His saving grace; His wisdom, and His statutes!

Nang
Maam. When you say old covenant, I feel you are going back to sin and death in Adam. But, the term "old covenant" is specifically used in the Bible for the testament in Moses God made with the people of Israel. Have you recognized this yet? Your terminology is being borrowed from theologians who have not accepted this distinction, as far as you are revealing.

I'm glad you revere God's statutes. Hopefully His law is included in that. Some people make divisions at weird places, when they try to communicate their dear concepts. Just wondering. I assume you know no one was ever saved by works (of the law, or otherwise). Then it makes sense that we would never say God made a covenant of works for salvation with His people.

SaulToPaul 2

SaulToPaul,

In answer to your question about "which saints":

The emphasis of the verse I am bringing is that it, the gospel, was once for all handed down. I'm not restling with the word saints or what it means. I'm pointing out that the Bible says there is a faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

This is not to say there is a Jewish Gospel and a Gentile Gospel. It is to say the gospel is for both Jew and Greek. Romans 1:16.

Then, people are not saved different ways. We are saved by God in His Son Jesus Christ.

Jacob

Jude 1:21 (KJV)

Are you looking for mercy? Do you have eternal life?

Please compare with Eph 2:4-5 (KJV)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't think there's any such distinction either.

There were Gentiles in "the circumcision", and plenty of Jews in "the uncircumcision".
Do you have any evidence of this? Are you talking about the national boundary of Israel?

SaulToPaul 2

Do you have any evidence of this? Are you talking about the national boundary of Israel?

Gentiles, in time past, who were circumcised became a part of the circumcision.

Paul preached the gospel of uncircumcision all through Acts to the JEW FIRST. Their circumcision was made uncircumcision because they did not keep the law. Romans 2:25 (KJV)

:e4e:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The two passages say opposite things.

Why should you look for mercy and eternal life if you already have it?
I don't think they are contradictory at all.

Hebrews 4:16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

beloved57

Gods Sovereignty continued :

rom 9:

18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

The Saving mercy of regeneration is Sovereignly given to whomever it pleases God to give it to !

Titus 3:

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Prov 16:

4The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

rom 9:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

29And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

Its only a seed that Jesus Christ will save Isa 53:

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

ps 22:

30A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

I don't think they are contradictory at all.

Hebrews 4:16 Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Why do you need to find mercy & grace?

2 Cor 12:9 (KJV). You already have his grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Gentiles, in time past, who were circumcised became a part of the circumcision.

Paul preached the gospel of uncircumcision all through Acts to the JEW FIRST. Their circumcision was made uncircumcision because they did not keep the law. Romans 2:25 (KJV)

:e4e:
Where in the Bible is there any evidence of Paul preaching a so called "gospel of uncircumcision". I believe Paul preached to circumcised and uncircumcised alike, the same gospel.

Rom 3:19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are [fn] under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

Rom 3:20 because by the works [fn] of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for [fn] through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:21 But now apart [fn] from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

Rom 3:22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [fn] who believe; for there is no distinction;

Rom 3:23 for all [fn] have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Rom 3:24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

Rom 3:25 whom God displayed publicly as a [fn] propitiation [fn] in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, [fn] because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed;

Rom 3:26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who [fn] has faith in Jesus.

Rom 3:27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

Rom 3:28 [fn] For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works [fn] of the Law.

Rom 3:29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,

Rom 3:30 since indeed God who will justify the [fn] circumcised [fn] by faith and the [fn] uncircumcised through faith is one.

Rom 3:31 Do we then nullify [fn] the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Rom 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;

Col 3:11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.