Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't need "friends" like the second one. I hope that all my friends would be as kind as the first one.

eisenreich

Berean Todd said:
And I'm still waiting for your response to the wealth of sources I cited upon your request in the other thread ... not that it leaves you with much to say, seeing as it proves what I was saying ...

edit ... here's the link for anyone interested ... http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1187628&postcount=44
The statistics were in response to heartless_adam, if I recall. Statistics have shown that homosexuals have a shorter age-expectancy than their heterosexual counterparts. It's also been shown that they are more succetible to diseases like AIDS because of their lifestyle. My contention, which apparently differs from yours, is that their lifestyle is not a conscious choice, but a naturally ingrained affection for those in the same sex. Pretending they are happy because they've replaced those affections with a belief in God could not be more unhealthy and unnatural.

Ruth19

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
Which friend is the more loving friend?

The friend who wrestles his drunk buddy to the ground and takes away his car keys and then blocks the door so that his (now furious :madmad: ) friend cannot leave the party intoxicated.

Or...?

The friend who tells his drunk buddy... "hey man... drive really careful and you will be fine. Later dude".

Ofcourse firstone :rotfl: ;)

Sharri

Knight said:

The friend who wrestles his drunk buddy to the ground and takes away his car keys and then blocks the door so that his (now furious :madmad: ) friend cannot leave the party intoxicated.

Or...?

The friend who tells his drunk buddy... "hey man... drive really careful and you will be fine. Later dude".

definetly wrestling to the ground

Peace in Christ
Sharri

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I was at a poker game that went way into early the next morning, as they often do. It was held at a friends house and he had made provisions for all of us to spend the night. One of the guys [the most inibriated] announced that he was going home to sleep in his own bed. We tried to talk him out of it but he insisted and was so slobbering drunk I decided to take his keys. He clenched down on that stupid key ring and I couldn't remove it from his hand without injuring him [funny how strong a drunk can be]. He started getting agitated and took a swing at me. I dodged it and after another minute or two of scuffling we all decided to let him drive home, it was better than having this drunk idiot staying with us and ruining our fun.

He made it home just fine.

Real Sorceror

Knight said:

Or...?

The first guy, although, considering my physic, I'd probably just wait till he was too drunk to fight back. :chuckle:
Really though, I wouldnt let my friend drink in the first place. Alcohol is bad, m'kay.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
logos_x said:
The first one...but it requires overiding free will :think:
What???? No it doesn't!!!

Do you think prisoners in jail have lost their freewill???

Of course not! They have lost their FREEDOM, not their freewill - two very different things.

Outlaw

Knight said:
Quick... somebody grab Ruth's keys!

I will hold her legs, Outlaw... you hold one arm, Billybob you grab the other.

I'll get the arm that's holding the beer, BB had better get the other one.

logos_x

Knight said:
What???? No it doesn't!!!

Do you think prisoners in jail have lost their freewill???

Of course not! They have lost their FREEDOM, not their freewill - two very different things.

I agree.

However...how free is the "freewill" if one has lost their freedom?

They still have a will, surely, but it isn't free. Until they change...they are slaves, servants of someone elses will.
Freewill..IMHO...is innacurate when applied to us. We are either slaves of sin or slaves of righteousness. The choice is which you will serve. And, being "arrested" by the Lord is necessary before you can become His servant.

I'm not sure how on-topic this is in this thread...but I wanted to point out that God can arrest sinners, and in doing so be like the good freind in your O.P.

Just look at the conversion of Saul of Tarsus. He became the Apostle Paul because the Lord arrested Him on the road to Damascus. He was on his way to arrest Christians and certainly had no intention of becoming one himself. God had other plans.

I think He was a good freind there...like the one in your O.P., that's all.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
logos_x said:
Freewill..IMHO...is innacurate when applied to us. We are either slaves of sin or slaves of righteousness. The choice is which you will serve.

The choice is mine? I thought we didn't have freewill?

satalien

BANNED
Banned
Oh boy. I wanna play too.

Which friend is more loving:

Friend 1 is reading a book. He tells you that you must never, ever read that book (it would appear he doesn't want you to know what he knows).

Friend 2 says it is okay to read the book if you choose.

You think it might be okay to read the book. When you do, Friend 1 kicks you out of his house and says you can't come back in until you can prove that you will now do exactly what he says! (It's a sweet house too! With a pool.)