Where Is Prince Now?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Prince's religious songs...................

Prince's religious songs...................

Moving back to the subject of the thread and his religious faith. This is for those who claim Prince didn't know 'the cross'.

Here is Prince performing his song 'The Cross' from the 'Sign O the Times' album (1987) with Sheila E on percussion.

The Cross

By Prince

Black day, stormy night
No love, no hope in sight
Don't cry, he is coming
Don't die without knowing the cross

Ghettos to the left of us
Flowers to the right
There'll be bread for all of us
If we can just bear the cross

Sweet song of salvation
A pregnant mother sings
She lives in starvation
Her children need all that she brings

We all have our problems
Some big, some are small
Soon all of our problems
Will be taken by the cross

Black day, stormy night
No love, no hope in sight
Don't cry for he is coming
Don't die without knowing the cross

Ghettos to the left of us
Flowers to the right
There'll be bread for all, y'all
If we can just, just bear the cross, yeah

We all have our problems
Some are big, some are small
Soon all of our problems, y'all
Will be taken by the cross

The cross
The cross

Songwriters: PRINCE ROGERS NELSON

© Universal Music Publishing Group

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Prince is with God in Heaven if he heard the Gospel and placed ALL of his faith in Christ as his Savior and none of his faith in himself, his good works/deeds, his religion, or anything else. That's the ONLY way he could possibly be with God at the moment of his death.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Religiosity will not guarantee you eternal life. Speaking/singing and writing religious sounding lyrics will not gain you eternal life. If his heart was right with God through faith in Christ, then, he is with God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nobody knows the heart of Prince. Did he place ALL his faith in Christ in the "Eleventh hour of his life", maybe? In which case he's with God now. There's ONLY one way to God. Did he choose the right way, I hope so?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Then He said to them all, “If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross...

Cc: [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=13754]exminister[/MENTION] [MENTION=13925]Grosnick Marowbe[/MENTION]

...daily Lk 9:23, emphasis mine

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

...daily Lk 9:23 :plain:

hqdefault.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Respect Please......

Respect Please......

Painkillers won't help prince in hell fire

That was a bit condescending pj,.... as we've shared previously you don't know or cannot judge what kind of faith and relationship Prince had with 'God', - he spoke very highly and respectfully of God, and his religious faith seemed to have helped him in his life in the latter years, whether his conversion to become a Jehovah's Witness was instrumental in that or not,.....his 'faith' in 'God' seems to have gone back from childhood. He certainly recognized his 'musical gift' as being "from God"....the Source of all. I shared a song-video of Prince's called "The Cross" earlier here if you've been following.

I had also heard (not sure if just heresay) that Prince took a few JW hymns and 'remixed' or 'remade' them somehow,...perhaps 'spruced' them up a bit, maybe a more contemporary R&B-funk touch to them :) - that might be cool to here :cool: - I don't know if this is true, I'm still doing research on Prince and following the news of his passing, and also enjoying many performances and new songs I never knew of his (many on Youtube),...a truly amazing artist.

As far as the doctrine of 'eternal conscious torment' (ECT)....I find it irrational, illogical and inimical to divine love and wisdom. The hell-fire doctrine hasn't helped humanity any, since God is Love and 'fear' involved TORMENT. I'm confident every soul is justly and mercifully "treated" by 'God', so I'm not worrying over Prince,....God leads and guides all of us, and not only in this life, but in all lives (thru-out time and eternity). Where 'free will' factors into all this is open to 'debate', but divine love and its eternal WILL never changes. Eternal tormentists (ha!) may want to consider the infinity of God's love before they committ other souls to 'hellfire' (actually their own 'concept' and 'belief' of 'hellfire'). So much for your 'God of love' eh.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Epic talent...............

Epic talent...............

Who is he?

Maybe his performance here will leave at least one memorable impression of his artistry (hes also amazing on piano). Hint: hes the little bad boy with the red hat/shirt, brown blazer/pants, shredding it on the guitar. Anymore questions? :)

Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and others perform "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the 2004 Hall of Fame Inductions.

See Wiki article here.