Where did the races come from? Evolutiion, Creation or Other.

6days

The races find their root in Noahs sons. The nationalities by language from Babel.

God's Word and science agree... All humanity is the same race. Yes, there are different people groups and nationalities which would have originated at Babel.

6days

iamberean said:
The first man Adam refers to the man he called 'Adam'.
Make note of this also, in Gen 1God created man.*

Yes... From that man Adam came all humanity. God did not create man twice as you seem to imply. *That would be contradictory to scripture... and you would end up with heretical beliefs. Scripture clearly tells us death entered the world because of the sin of one man...first Adam.*

iamberean said:
In Gen 2*the*LORD God(the God that Jews know as their God) created the man called 'Adam

Not sure what you are getting at...Do you believe in different gods? There is only one God... He created everything. Ex. 20:11, Jn1:1,3; Col.1:16

iamaberean

Yes... From that man Adam came all humanity. God did not create man twice as you seem to imply.
I am not implying, it is what scripture says.
*That would be contradictory to scripture... and you would end up with heretical beliefs. Scripture clearly tells us death entered the world because of the sin of one man...first Adam.
Mankind (adam) was created in Gen 1, all races.
Adam (named by LORD God) was created as his own in Gen 2.
Like it our not, God has a chosen people!
Not sure what you are getting at...Do you believe in different gods? There is only one God... He created everything. Ex. 20:11, Jn1:1,3; Col.1:16

There is only one supreme God and He only has one chosen people. Today they are called Christians, In the Old Testament they were all in the linage of the man that God called Adam.

Here we see that we should not question God but accept it.

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Truster

I am not implying, it is what scripture says.
Mankind (adam) was created in Gen 1, all races.
Adam (named by LORD God) was created as his own in Gen 2.
Like it our not, God has a chosen people!

There is only one supreme God and He only has one chosen people. Today they are called Christians, In the Old Testament they were all in the linage of the man that God called Adam.

Here we see that we should not question God but accept it.

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

You seem to be ignoring the fact that, "Adam begat a son in his own likeness and image and named him Seth.

6days

Truster said:
Why do the different races have designated names?
Trust God on this one...and science. All humanity is descended from one man...we are one blood.

The belief in different races of people is psuedoscience . Google 'scientific racism'.*

6days

iamberean said:
I am not implying, it is what scripture says.(God *created man twice)
Then you believe and teach heresy. Scripture tells us that death entered the world because of 'first Adam's' sin. There was no 2nd Adam, or a 2nd creation of man. *Your false belief system destroys the purpose of Christ at the cross defeating physical death.*

Truster

Trust God on this one...and science. All humanity is descended from one man...we are one blood.

The belief in different races of people is psuedoscience . Google 'scientific racism'.*

We'll disagree on this, because I've been studying DNA and the purity of race found in the Welsh, Hebrews and Palestinians in comparison to other races/nationalities.

"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation".

Nationality.
an ethnic group forming a part of one or more political nations.
"all the main nationalities of Ethiopia"
synonyms: ethnic group, ethnic minority, tribe, clan, race, nation; rare ethnos

6days

Truster said:
I've been studying DNA and the purity of race found in the Welsh, Hebrews and Palestinians in comparison to other races/nationalities.

May I ask what you have been studying? I would be interested in how they determine "purity". Essentially, our genomes are all the same within 0.5%. Its very possible your DNA could be more similar to an African Pygmy, than to your white guy neighbor. In fact even Neandertals fall within the range of modern humans.

"According to preliminary sequences, 99.7% of the nucleotide sequences of the modern human and Neanderthal genomes are identical..."
Neanderthal genome project - Wikipedia

(BTW... nationalities...yes, there are many. And many people groups like aboriginees, Asians, Pygmies, Neandertals etc. But...like the verse you quoted, we are all one blood)

iamaberean

Things to consider:

1. The flood in Noah's time was local and came because God's chosen people became wicked.

2. Cain and his descendants were "fugitives" and "wanderers", and moved away from God's presence and was not effected by the flood.
Gen 4:16-24

iamaberean

I remember singing this song in church as a child.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

The only place in the bible where it even faintly suggests these colors of people came into being:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Trick question. There is only one race: Human.

Except that Jesus is a man.

Correct! Jesus was a man born of Mary and sired by Joseph the son of Heli, who was Marys half brother.

Jesus became the first of many to be sons of God, not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but by the spirit of the Lord which descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee."

Noah had three sons who populated the earth, Ham the first born, Ham, meaning....Swathy, dark coloured.

Japheth, the youngest, Japheth, meaning.......FAIR.

And Shem, the middle son.

When Noah divided the Land among his three sons, Shem received the middle portion, from the delta of the river of Egypt, north to Lebanon and south to India, while Ham received the land of Africa to the south, and Japheth received the land to the north of Lebanon, which according to the book of Jubilees 8: 30; It is said that the Land of Japheth included the five great islands and a great land in the north. But it is cold, (Where the fair skinned people lived) and the land of Ham is Hot, (Where the dark skinned people lived) and the land of Shem (The middle son) is neither hot nor cold, but it is of blended cold and heat.

Shem's descendants are neither dark skinned nor fair skinned, but in between.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Humans evolved.

So did the space station with all its earthly support systems, the creator of the first wheel and the billions of creations that came after, which succeeding creations, were the expression of the heights to which the mind of the creator, had evolved, before the creator finally said; "And Now let us make the Space station, and robots in our image."

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Correct! Jesus was a man born of Mary and sired by Joseph the son of Heli, who was Marys half brother. Jesus became the first of many to be sons of God, not by blood, nor by the will of the flesh, nor by the will of man, but by the spirit of the Lord which descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my son, 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee." Noah had three sons who populated the earth, Ham the first born, Ham, meaning....Swathy, dark coloured. Japheth, the youngest, Japheth, meaning.......FAIR. And Shem, the middle son. When Noah divided the Land among his three sons, Shem received the middle portion, from the delta of the river of Egypt, north to Lebanon and south to India, while Ham received the land of Africa to the south, and Japheth received the land to the north of Lebanon, which according to the book of Jubilees 8: 30; It is said that the Land of Japheth included the five great islands and a great land in the north. But it is cold, (Where the fair skinned people lived) and the land of Ham is Hot, (Where the dark skinned people lived) and the land of Shem (The middle son) is neither hot nor cold, but it is of blended cold and heat. Shem's descendants are neither dark skinned nor fair skinned, but in between.
Have you met Omega?

Humans evolved.

:darwinsm:

Evolution is a crock.

Stuu

May I ask what you have been studying? I would be interested in how they determine "purity". Essentially, our genomes are all the same within 0.5%. Its very possible your DNA could be more similar to an African Pygmy, than to your white guy neighbor. In fact even Neandertals fall within the range of modern humans.

"According to preliminary sequences, 99.7% of the nucleotide sequences of the modern human and Neanderthal genomes are identical..."
Neanderthal genome project - Wikipedia

(BTW... nationalities...yes, there are many. And many people groups like aboriginees, Asians, Pygmies, Neandertals etc. But...like the verse you quoted, we are all one blood)
It's great to see you so enthusiastic for this.

Evidence from exactly the same experiment shows that indeed all living things are related, and that the greater the differences in the DNA the more distantly related are the two species.

I agree with your argument for evolution by natural selection.

Stuart

Stuu

So did the space station with all its earthly support systems, the creator of the first wheel and the billions of creations that came after, which succeeding creations, were the expression of the heights to which the mind of the creator, had evolved, before the creator finally said; "And Now let us make the Space station, and robots in our image."
Wheels, space stations and robots were created. Humans weren't.

Stuart

6days

It's great to see you so enthusiastic for this.

Evidence from exactly the same experiment shows that indeed all living things are related, and that the greater the differences in the DNA the more distantly related are the two species.
Of course..... A carrot does not have warm blood or a vision system, so its DNA is not as similar to ours as mammals. But, your DNA, and Neandertal DNA are close to identical.... We are descendants of Neandertals, who are descendants of Adam and Eve.
Stuu said:
I agree with your argument for evolution by natural selection.
Natural selection sometimes eliminates...It sometimes leads to extinctions...It always leads to less genetic variation in the gene pool...but it can't create.