Where did the races come from? Evolutiion, Creation or Other.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Therefore, the realization is reflexive.
-Lon

Sounds like philosophical babble. Meaning and purpose in your life does not need a god, or your particular God. You appear unable to find meaning and purpose without and external push. Why is that?

Lon

Sounds like philosophical babble.
Logic is philosophical. Babble? :nono: I can prove facts with logic and it is philosophical. Einstein KNEW Spinoza was right. I KNOW Spinoza was right, as far as both of them understood. I believe logically, they didn't understand God must be personal, but they were correct in what they logically knew. Atheists are not. It isn't a tenable frame of mind. It isn't logical. We all know it, even if you do not.

Meaning and purpose in your life does not need a god, or your particular God.
Wrong on the first and of course it is my stance that you are wrong on the second. Meaning can ONLY exist from/out of meaning.
All you are saying is that things don't matter to you. That's not logic. It is preference and indifference.
You appear unable to find meaning and purpose without and external push. Why is that?
See above. One doesn't exist. If you don't have it from outside of yourself, then it isn't meaning but rather selfishness and self-indulgence. Self-indulgence isn't 'meaning.'

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I can prove facts with logic

Facts provide the basis for logic, logic does not provide the facts. Logic takes the facts and indicates the universe is 13-14 billion years old, not 6000. Logic takes the facts and indicates the universe was not created in a week. Logic does not lead us back to your particular deity.

Lon

Facts provide the basis for logic, logic does not provide the facts. Logic takes the facts and indicates the universe is 13-14 billion years old, not 6000. Logic takes the facts and indicates the universe was not created in a week. Logic does not lead us back to your particular deity.
Incorrect. They go hand in hand. I can show something to be logically true even if we can't do it yet. That's how we got to the moon.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect. They go hand in hand. I can show something to be logically true even if we can't do it yet. That's how we got to the moon.

No, the fact that we got to the moon is based on other facts---Newton/Einstein etc.---and the logical application of science and engineering to those facts.

And neither the facts nor the logic lead back to your deity

Lon

No, the fact that we got to the moon is based on other facts---Newton/Einstein etc.---and the logical application of science and engineering to those facts.
I don't know if you realize it or not, but you just proved 'my' point. I say 'proved' logically too, btw. You couldn't prove it but by concept. One day you will get logic and it will lead you toward the existence of purpose, meaning, and sentience in your existence. It cannot lead to any other place.

And neither the facts nor the logic lead back to your deity
"My" deity is simply 1) acquiescence and 2) cognitive dissonance that is already a 'gimme' for the proof you believe the above it true and provable. Think about it. Why 'my' unless you realized something? (not for me, for you, it is rhetorical for your benefit). -Lon

Silent Hunter

"My" deity is simply 1) acquiescence and 2) cognitive dissonance that is already a 'gimme' for the proof you believe the above it true and provable. Think about it. Why 'my' unless you realized something? (not for me, for you, it is rhetorical for your benefit).
It's YOUR deity because it's YOUR construct, take ownership.

“Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.” - Victor John Stenger

SonOfCaleb

Yes. Can you prove otherwise?

Its likely they weren't. As the Bible explains that the 'race' that produced dark skinned peoples came via Ham. Cush to be specific. This was long after the flood of course. Conditions in the antideluvian world were wildly different to what they became post flood. The creation of the Sahara desert is a good example as its creation is relatively new in the passage of time, being circa 4000 or so years old. Prior to that it was a vast area of lush vegitation. Thus its obvious the temperature of the Earth increased significantly in the region around the equator where the Sahara is now post the flood. Its now a vast arid area, being one of the hottest regions on Earth and also one of the largest deserts on the Earth.

If i had to hazard a guess id imagine the varation we see between the so called races is largely enviromental.
Interestingtly the Shulammite Maiden whom Solomon attempted to court said the following about her complexion in Song of Solomon 1:5-6 "5 “A black girl I am, but comely, O YOU daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Keʹdar, [yet] like the tent cloths of Solʹo·mon. 6 Do not YOU look at me because I am swarthy, because the sun has caught sight of me. The sons of my own mother grew angry with me; they appointed me the keeper of the vineyards, [although] my vineyard, one that was mine, I did not keep".

The early Hamitic powers of Egypt and Ethiopia the lata literally meaning "burnt faces" as named by the Greeks were black. The Assyrians were also described in archealogical finds as a dark skinned people. In fact Herodotus claims that dark skinned Cushites existed as far North as around the Black Sea area or modern day Crimea/Ukraine, and all the way down into the Indus or modern day India. Nimrod a very famous individual of particular renown in ancient antiquity and semitic legend was likely also black as his father Cush was black. Moses married a Cushite although its unknown if she was dark skinned as well as the Cushites inhabiting a large area across the Near East. The Semitic peoples over time though seem to have displaced them as the Semitic powers developed and grew more powerful EG the Babylonians, Medes and Persians by which time these brown skinned peoples populated the majority of the Near East and Hamitic rule waned and seemed to have been pushed further south into Africa.

Last edited: