When Did the Disciples of Jesus Stop Observing the Old Testament Laws?

God's Truth

Lol...the irony...you would have made a great Pharisee joodiazer...teaching these works ever made anyone righteous...
God said without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. The animals blood was used to atone for their souls.
These works NEVER made anyone righteous...they were signs and symbols of obedience...
Of course it made them righteous. Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness. If the law never made anyone righteous, how do you get we are told in Romans that Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness?
Romans 10:2
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Most of the sacrifices were for sins made out of IGNORANCE...or omission

Think about that...

None are made righteous no NOT one...

There is only One Who makes us righteous and these works are to point us to Him and help make us aware of sin clean and unclean and our need of salvation...Him or need of Him...
We are talking about the Old Testament. There were righteous people in the Old Testament times.
I can give you many scriptures about how we are righteous by what we do.

because he wanted to not because he had too...and even after the temple was destroyed there were still some faithful...
Paul had to.

He was ready to die obedient. He could have made changes...compromises...arguing things were different...no need for all these worthless works...but he didn't...
Paul did not break the temple laws.
Paul did not preach the old law. If he had, then why was he being persecuted?

Galatians 5:11 Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Christ and the disciples taught the keeping of the commands of God. The New Covenant does not do away with the Sabbath and moral commands of God. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was the old priesthood that was done away with, along with the festivals, sacrifices, and circumcision.[/FONT]

God's Truth

If the Gentiles who do not have the written laws are keeping the laws, then the laws are written in their hearts. Therefore they are keeping the laws. And God's grace is given to the Gentile for their faith.

God's grace is given to those who believe and obey Jesus.

God's Truth

Christ and the disciples taught the keeping of the commands of God. The New Covenant does not do away with the Sabbath and moral commands of God. It was the old priesthood that was done away with, along with the festivals, sacrifices, and circumcision.

Jesus is the Last...the Seventh Day...the Sabbath...the Rest.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Entrance to the club of Israel means we respect its house rules laid out by the One Who gives the Promise to all who obey them there house rules...

Not true. Jesus' death ushered in a new testament. The former testament was obsolete and it is gone.

The Twelve were given the keys to God's kingdom, what they bound is bound and what they loosed is loosed.

In the first NT sermon Peter shared what is required to enter God's kingdom.

The Father's firstborn has been translated into the kingdom of his Son.

There are new rules for the Israel of God, which is the kingdom.

clefty

God said without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. The animals blood was used to atone for their souls.

Of course it made them righteous. Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness. If the law never made anyone righteous, how do you get we are told in Romans that Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness?
Romans 10:2
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

We are talking about the Old Testament. There were righteous people in the Old Testament times.
I can give you many scriptures about how we are righteous by what we do.

Paul had to.

Paul did not break the temple laws.
Paul did not preach the old law. If he had, then why was he being persecuted?

Galatians 5:11 Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.

Faith came first...made them righteous then obedient...

clefty

God's grace is given to those who believe and obey Jesus.

So obey Jesus Who said do my Father's will which is to believe in His son and obey His law...which is the same Law unchanged not destroyed as Jesus said it would not be...

Now do the Word of God...

God's Truth

Faith came first...made them righteous then obedient...

The old law was NOT based on faith.

God did not like it that the Jews would do a righteous act as give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sins. It made their blood offering as a filthy blood offering of a menstrual rag.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

God's Truth

So obey Jesus Who said do my Father's will which is to believe in His son and obey His law...which is the same Law unchanged not destroyed as Jesus said it would not be...

Now do the Word of God...

You are falsely judging me by a Sabbath Day.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

God's Truth

Clefty and CherubRam,

What would you like for Christians to do and not to do on the Sabbath? Would you like them to tell their bosses they cannot work that day?

It is no longer a command from God because Jesus is the Sabbath and we observe him all day every day...we live through him.

clefty

The old law was NOT based on faith.

God did not like it that the Jews would do a righteous act as give a sin offering, but not really be sorry for their sins. It made their blood offering as a filthy blood offering of a menstrual rag.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

Of course the law is not based on faith...it is real evident needs no faith at all...what needs faith is we have a surety against its curse...

Noah had faith and believed first and then built the ark...the law was not based on faith...it was gonna rain whether or not he built that ark...

If you keep the law...you live...there is no need for faith in salvation as there is no debt to pay...

God's Truth

Jesus says it is LAWFUL to do good on the Sabbath day.

Do you believe that?

The old law said that no one can lift anything on the Sabbath.

Jesus told someone to lift their mat.

Is it good if I go to work on the Sabbath?

Is it good if I cook on the Sabbath?

Is working and cooking good or bad?

Again, Jesus says it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

CherubRam

Clefty and CherubRam,

What would you like for Christians to do and not to do on the Sabbath? Would you like them to tell their bosses they cannot work that day?

It is no longer a command from God because Jesus is the Sabbath and we observe him all day every day...we live through him.

Making up things out of your mind and heart does not make it a biblical truth. The Sabbath Day of Rest is a command of God, and it has not been done away with, and it applies to Christians also.

God's Truth

Making up things out of your mind and heart does not make it a biblical truth. The Sabbath Day of Rest is a command of God, and it has not been done away with, and it applies to Christians also.

Did you lift anything on the Sabbath? Do you have a lap top? Did you lift your chair to move it?

CherubRam

Clefty and CherubRam,

At the very least Christians should acknowledge the Sabbath command as applying to them.

clefty

You are falsely judging me by a Sabbath Day.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Falsely? another text backfiring...the Colossians were another group of pagans heathen ascetics but some began to believe and so began to keep the Law...imagine that...They were eating and drinking and celebrating festivals new moons and Sabbaths and getting judged for it...all those festivals not really ascetic is it?...the others were hating their new freedom and liberties the Law provides...

Now when are you gonna do the Word of God?