ECT What's New (Covenant)?

Right Divider

Body part
lol, no one with a full knowledge of the NT nor of Heb 7-12 nor of NT historical background would think that 8:8 is just about a kingdom for the race of Israel in Judea. You guys are industrial-strength fracturers of the NT's unified meaning.
Anyone with any knowledge of the Bible knows that Hebrews 8:8 means just what it says.

Only someone with a fairy tale to support tries to change the plain meaning.

Interplanner

Yes, Jesus came to do MANY things and not just one thing.

There is no proof of this, though. Not when you put all the NT statements together apart from how Judaism and D'ism read the OT.
He called his Gospel 'his exodus.'
Phil 2 tells us what he came down in human form to do, and it is not about a kingdom in Israel.
heb 9 does not mention two comings having anything to do with a kingdom.
'The son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost.'
God was in Christ reconciling the debt of man's sins.
God so loved the world that he gave his only son...

You will not find any 'master purpose' statements in the NT that validate a kingdom for Israel, Christ reigning over the race. Only as they are suggestive of the NHNE. 'Today you will be with me in paradise (you don't get to be in the Mill because you're not Jewish; oh, wait, you are!!! What the heck?'

Right Divider

Body part
There is no proof of this, though.
Your ignorance of scripture is astounding.

Not when you put all the NT statements together apart from how Judaism and D'ism read the OT.
Baloney... you should open your own deli.

He called his Gospel 'his exodus.'
QUOTE the scripture, Mr. Vague

Phil 2 tells us what he came down in human form to do, and it is not about a kingdom in Israel.
Wonderful job of cherry-picking and lack of context.

heb 9 does not mention two comings having anything to do with a kingdom.
Once AGAIN, every passage of scripture does NOT need to repeat ALL that came before.

'The son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost.'
God was in Christ reconciling the debt of man's sins.
God so loved the world that he gave his only son...
Those are all true, and it still does not mean that God is limited to saving from sin.

You will not find any 'master purpose' statements in the NT that validate a kingdom for Israel, Christ reigning over the race. Only as they are suggestive of the NHNE. 'Today you will be with me in paradise (you don't get to be in the Mill because you're not Jewish; oh, wait, you are!!! What the heck?'
Matt 19:28 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:28) And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

That is still just as true as when the LORD said it.

john w

Hall of Fame
JohnW wrote:

...a dictatorship...

There we have it folks: a lover of dictatorship. I can't imagine a more decrepit vision.

There you have it, TOL audience....A clown, biblical illiterate, who thinks the book of Revelation is a book about psychic hotlines.

Psalms 2 KJV
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Revelation 2:27 KJV And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Revelation 12:5 KJVAnd she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation 19:15 KJV And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Let me guess his spam "response:" The days of literalism are over, you see, uh, urr....

Right Divider

Body part
What did obeying the law make people?

Perfect?
No, but there is still nothing wrong with the law.

Jer 31:33 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Perhaps you think God is wrong to put the law in their inward parts.
Perhaps you think that Israel in their new covenant should disobey the law in their inward parts.

andyc

No, but there is still nothing wrong with the law.

Jer 31:33 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Perhaps you think God is wrong to put the law in their inward parts.
Perhaps you think that Israel in their new covenant should disobey the law in their inward parts.

The law is week through the flesh. Paul said, "the law is spiritual, but I am carnal".
It is the carnal man that needs to die, and once this happens he is in the Spirit, and free of the law.

Right Divider

Body part
The law is week through the flesh. Paul said, "the law is spiritual, but I am carnal".
It is the carnal man that needs to die, and once this happens he is in the Spirit, and free of the law.
And YET you ignore what God says that He will do with His people Israel in their new covenant.

Interplanner

Um, yeah. So you're spiritual Israel as well. :sigh:

why do you think 'spiritual' is a dirty word? It means to be the mature form of what began in infancy and childhood and juvenility. 'When I became a man, I put away childish ways.'

The Bible does not go back to infancy and glorify it all over again. Gal 4:1-7

The NT retroactively says that everything the OT was saying was also meant for the mature form of 'Israel' that coalesced in and through Christ, Heb 11's final verses. Ie, #2 in Rom 9:6, the 'us' of Rom 9:26, the 'all Israel' of Rom 11:26, the 'Israel of God' in Gal 6, the 'Jew indeed' of Rom 2, and NOT those who call themselves Jews in Rev 2,3 'but are not.'

Interplanner

Hey RD, go over Heb 9:10 until you understand. That will give me time to take some aspirin before reading you again.

Honestly, I don't know if some of you have ever absorbed the NT.

Right Divider

Body part
@Interplanner

You should actually read it:

Heb 9:10-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:10) [Which stood] only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed [on them] until the time of reformation. (9:11) But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Note the "good things TO COME"!

When was the "time of reformation"? (Hint: yet future).

Interplanner

Hey IP, read the scripture AND believe what is SAYS.

The writer of Hebrews believed Jeremiah and repeated it EXACTLY.

No, it is not as literal as you think. That is why that writer said in 9:10, there would be no more dietary and ceremonial law, yet the law would be on people's hearts (believers), which is done today, since Pentecost, through the gift of the Spirit.

You might read the posts closer and see what the actual issue is and see if you are answering it.

Interplanner

@Interplanner

You should actually read it:

Heb 9:10-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:10) [Which stood] only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed [on them] until the time of reformation. (9:11) But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Note the "good things TO COME"!

When was the "time of reformation"? (Hint: yet future).

YOu are absolutely wrong. You are wrong textually; the originals favor the now. You are wrong in context because everywhere else in the book is saying it has been brought about in Christ, now. He has role played that he was in the past to say they pointed forward. all these things are spoken of as in the past or completed sense and verb tense all through Hebrews, because Christ has accomplished them, now crowned with glory and honor, 2:9.

I don't think you know Hebrews or the NT--what really happened, what is going on in it.

Which Christ is it that your worship?