ECT What's MAD?

Danoh

Can a MAD rep please explain their doctrine, specifically salvation? Keep it to a paragraph and please supply scripture.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

1 Timothy 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Interplanner

I was answering this question, which was wrong:

Show someone putting his faith specifically in the good news of Christ's death, burial and resurrection for his sin before the salvation of Paul.

John 20:28 showed that there was those who understood and accepted Jesus' word as per John.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Thomas obviously accepted,knew , and understood the " GOSPEL ".

His first cross-proven miracle in Mk 2 was to demonstrate the authority to forgive sins in light of his coming sacrifice.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Can a MAD rep please explain their doctrine, specifically salvation? Keep it to a paragraph and please supply scripture.
Salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, the means by which we are saved is declared here: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV (the gospel given by revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul Romans 16:25-27 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and follow Paul in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV) as we 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Interplanner

Salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, the means by which we are saved is declared here: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV (the gospel given by revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul Romans 16:25-27 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and follow Paul in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV) as we 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

That's dishonest. You think there are other gospels and some other gospel was preached until early Acts. Thus the expression ' the OT runs through until early Acts.'

Danoh

Paul's follow me even as I follow Christ was the issue of how they were to conduct themselves with one another whenever a difference arose between them on one thing or another.

Their spitting on one another having been an indication to Paul that they had remained where he had found them when he had first met them and had determined that all they'd been able to bear was only that Christ had died for their sins.

They were still there. They had not grown as to where they were to be looking at things from.

An indicator to Paul that they were still looking at things from the natural man's wisdom of this world, and thus nowhere ready to hear of that wisdom of God once hidden in a mystery.

For it would only be foolishness unto them; given where they looked at things from.

Some things never change...

Danoh

Tell us what it is, in plain speech.

The Mystery is God's Eternal Purpose to glorify Himself by His Son in a New Creature through the Spirit.

The Mystery is that aspect of God's Two-Fold Purpose to bring both that governmental authority within the Earthly realm (the subject of Prophecy) and those High Places of governmental authority within the Heavenly realm (the subject of the Mystery) back under His sole dominion in His Son by His Spirit in a New Creature - that Church which is His Son's Body: the Body of Christ.

The Corinthians were nowhere near ready to learn of this.

All Paul could do was bring up a point here and there.

Just as we end up having to restrict ourselves to doing on forums where Mad is opposed by men out of the ignorance of men that is in them.

The ignorance of men being a reference to where the natural man looks at things from.

To conclude the Mystery is taught in Corinthians based on an epistle in which Paul asserts he could not speak unto them about it; is to rely on the same natural man's wisdom of this world manner of reasoning about a thing that the Corinthians were still looking at things from.

It is why he knocks the Jew's walking by sight system; a system given them by God to prove how blind the spiritually blind can be - that they stumbled at that very literal stumbling stone: the Lord in His "after the flesh" incarnation "unto His own."

It is also why Paul knocks the Greeks in their seeking after their own ideas based on their own ideas read by them into a thing.

The various systems of reasoning about a thing - Rationalism, etc. - have no place in attempting to ascertain the things of God.

Right there is where the 28ers went south.

Right there is where we Mads do, where and when ever...we do.

The Mystery is God's Eternal Purpose to glorify Himself by His Son in a New Creature through the Spirit.

A New Creature comprised of formerly lost Jews and Gentiles called out unto God via Paul's gospel, this side of Israel's fall and temporary setting aside, until the the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

SaulToPaul 2

The Mystery is that aspect of God's Two-Fold Purpose to bring both that governmental authority within the Earthly realm (the subject of Prophecy) and those High Places of governmental authority within the Heavenly realm (the subject of the Mystery) back under His sole dominion in His Son by His Spirit in a New Creature - that Church which is His Son's Body: the Body of Christ.

The Corinthians were nowhere near ready to learn of this.

All Paul could do was bring up a point here and there.

Just as we end up having to restrict ourselves to doing on forums where Mad is opposed by men out of the ignorance of men that is in them.

The ignorance of men being a reference to where the natural man looks at things from.

To conclude the Mystery is taught in Corinthians based on an epistle in which Paul asserts he could not speak unto them about it; is to rely on the same natural man's wisdom of this world manner of reasoning about a thing that the Corinthians were still looking at things from.

It is why he knocks the Jew's walking by sight system; a system given them by God to prove how blind the spiritually blind can be - that they stumbled at that very literal stumbling stone: the Lord in His "after the flesh" incarnation "unto His own."

It is also why Paul knocks the Greeks in their seeking after their own ideas based on their own ideas read by them into a thing.

The various systems of reasoning about a thing - Rationalism, etc. - have no place in attempting to ascertain the things of God.

Right there is where the 28ers went south.

Right there is where we Mads do, where and when ever...we do.

A New Creature comprised of formerly lost Jews and Gentiles called out unto God via Paul's gospel, this side of Israel's fall and temporary setting aside, until the the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Okay,

Is there only one mystery? Or are we stewards of the mysteries?

Danoh

Okay,

Is there only one mystery? Or are we stewards of the mysteries?

That is THE Mystery.

A Mystery that is comprised of various aspects, or mysteries that together, comprise THE Mystery.

And apparantly, of more than one steward :)

One "mystery" of which is Romans 11:25's "this mystery..."

Which is the issue of an answer to the Acts 1:6 question - the actual issue of which is how long Israel's temporal blindness (a blindness through and only for a part of time, dating back to even before their Babylonian captivity), would last.

SaulToPaul 2

That is THE Mystery.

A Mystery that is comprised of various aspects, or mysteries that together, comprise THE Mystery.

And apparantly, of more than one steward :)

One "mystery" of which is Romans 11:25's "this mystery..."

Which is the issue of an answer to the Acts 1:6 question - the actual issue of which is how long Israel's temporal blindness (a blindness through and only for a part of time) dating back to even before their Babylonian captivity, would last.

Are the mystery of Christ and the mystery of the gospel synonymous with THE Mystery?

Danoh

Are the mystery of Christ and the mystery of the gospel synonymous with THE Mystery?

In a sense, they are all synonymous with one another, but I am not sure that'll work where you are coming from, as you and I do not hold to a same understanding of what "the mystery of Christ" is, for example.

No. I do not mean you are up to no good, lol

Just that what you are attempting to show me is not what I see.

The mystery of Christ I hold to is...

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Note...

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

You see those wonderful seven little words at the end of verse 9 - "who created all things by Jesus Christ"?

Why does he throw that in there?

Because THAT is the issue of the Mystery of Christ - His having proven by the Cross that that Heavenly realm of governmental authority is ALSO His.

THIS is NOWHERE Prophesied.

Yes! His Prophesied resurrection proved Him to be David's rightful heir!

But there was something else about the Cross and His resurrection from same.

Something which God hid in Himself!

Something His resurrection would also prove - in due time - and guess who helped Him prove it against himself before all the angelic realm - the Adversary!

The very creature who asserted I will be like the Most High - I will rule from those High Places...

And we, my oh so precious brother in the Lord, STP, are a part of that - fellow heirs as members of His Body with Him in that...

Ephesians 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

I mean, look at this glorious mystery of Christ in its splendor...

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Yes, TOLers, one and all - He was of the seed of David. His resurrection proved He was who He claimed.

But that was not all.

There was this Mystery of Christ His resurrection also proved - as taught by Paul's "my gospel."

The above...

TOLers listen up, one and all.

You've been had by the wisdom of this world.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nope. Neither of those two relates what the Mystery is.
:dizzy:

Sure, they do.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1 Corinthians 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
In a sense, they are all synonymous with one another, but I am not sure that'll work where you are coming from, as you and I do not hold to a same understanding of what "the mystery of Christ" is, for example.

No. I do not mean you are up to no good, lol

Just that what you are attempting to show me is not what I see.

The mystery of Christ I hold to is...

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
That's the mystery of the gospel. The mystery of Christ and the mystery of the gospel are not the same. The mystery of Christ is that “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" was a mystery "according to the scriptures". It's called the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery which God ordained before the world unto "our" glory (a further study of the "our" would be those to whom Paul preached 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV to during Acts (Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Acts 26:17 KJV). We can see that it was a mystery and why God kept it secret here (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

“The mystery of the gospel” is a later revealed mystery that included the likes of us, like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter, who in time past had no hope and were without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) but now were made fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God’s promise in Christ by the gospel with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Thessalonians…(Ephesians 3:6 KJV). This mystery was testified at a later due time (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV)!

Together all of those saved from the beginning of Paul's ministry, the "we" and the "ye" (Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV) make up the one new man! It is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,...:

Notice: "hid in God" not a mystery “according to the scriptures” like the mystery of Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.