What would make you Catholic?

Lon

I am all for what is true
but
when you try to characterize the differences between us and the orthodox, I see two big problems

you may not understand the differences
Er, links. I'm simply summing up what the EO themselves say. You didn't bother to look at either, did you?

but
for sure
we don't always understand what you are saying
and
this is true with all calvinists
Ah, there it is. I knew there was a reason for your asking.... :plain:

It wasn't my intention to touch a nerve, but I accept the consequences.

If Calvinism is really this big of a problem, you might consider putting me on ignore. I conversely, care about Catholics, though I disagree with them. I will not be putting you on ignore and have no problem building social, political, and sometimes theological bridges. However, when it comes time to defining the limitations of those bridges, I will certainly do so. I realize there may be hurt involved when the answer for ecumenical ties is "sorry no." It is not my intention to do so but the theological issues are real. -Lon

Cruciform

I constantly perceive you otherwise and have had reps indicate that others do too, as well as in thread comments even in this one with other posters. Again, you can either dismiss it or own it. I really don't care which, cruci, but I'm not a slouch when it comes to paying attention. You can try and make that everybody else's problem but that only makes you that much more crotchety in my mind. You can assume "falsely" all you like. Even Catholics have commented on it in the past. If you 'could' convince me of your man-preferred-choice-of-churches-that-has-nothing-over-on-me, I'd be proselytized, even with your terrible bed-side manner. -Lon
Already decisively answered---and corrected---in Post #423 above. Your excuses for glibly dismissing relevant information, however, are noted.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
with more than 30 thousand different interpretations

we need someone to settle the arguments
While I respect thy comment, and thy hyperbole; it should be noted the EO interpretations are poor, and idolatrous. And the tradition which gives the interpretations where Peter died in Rome, not Babylon, and where Paul being accused of nothing is executed in Rome. With Paul, I see him surviving longer like Jonah, before being "raptured". And with Peter, we have Mark his son surviving the old man's relatively painless death in Babylon.

~JM~

If the papacy was removed, the liturgy done away with...if the Roman church repented (which, due to the infallibility claim, it cannot do) and the anathemas of Trent are recanted.

Lon

Your (mis)interpretation and (mis)application of it, however, is decidedly subjective.
Your opinion is also passingly noted (I'm keeping no records).

Already decisively answered---and corrected---in Post #423 above. Your excuses for glibly dismissing relevant information, however, are noted.
Who said I dismissed it? "Glibly" no less? At the very least, you know how you come across to me. -Lon

Cruciform

Your opinion is also passingly noted (I'm keeping no records).
Rather, the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church, as opposed to the mere opinions of your favored recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

Who said I dismissed it? "Glibly" no less? At the very least, you know how you come across to me.
I did. That's just the way you "came across" to me.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+