ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet, do you know why STP said "They shouldn't." ?

It's a pretty major point about the basics in the Acts2/Acts9 dispy disagreement. One who professes to know the difference should be able to explain why STP said that.

With STP's Super-Hyper-Ultra-Dispensationalism/Bullingerism, one never knows what crazy thing STP is going to say next.

However, if I had to guess, I would say it's because most A2D's believe "rapture" verses can be found in the gospels.

SaulToPaul 2

If I did not believe that Paul had a unique message and was distinct from the Twelve, there is no way I'd believe in a pre trib Rapture.

I'd have no reason to.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I did not believe that Paul had a unique message and was distinct from the Twelve, there is no way I'd believe in a pre trib Rapture.

I'd have no reason to.

I know what you believe, but Thessalonians proves you wrong. There was only ONE "The Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ", not two, like you claim.

Just like there was only ONE "The Day of the Lord" post cross.

(1 Thess 5:2 KJV) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

How did the Thessalonians know that the day of the Lord was going to come as a thief in the night?

Why would Paul tell them the day wouldn't surprise them if they would be allegedly raptured away years before it?

john w

Hall of Fame
Somehow you have it in your head that a giant Jesus appears in the sky.

The Day of the Lord in the OT was always judgement.

Like your "un physical" "Jesus," invisible "Jesus," that never touched planet earth, that "everyone" saw, in AD 70, as signs are invisible, according to you, eh greasy one? Like the Roman army was the second coming, unemployed one?

john w

Hall of Fame
So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD.

Vs.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tellalie

The weasel is so obsessed, that he can't keep track of all his lies, and "man made inventions."

Why is that, little arms Craigie?

john w

Hall of Fame
However, I was for 25 years, so there is hope for you Darby followers yet.

Vs.

"I was a dispensationalist for 27 years."-Tellalie on TOL, numerous times

Craigie: It says the same thing....AD 70, or AD 66, or AD 1970-it doesn't matter....Darby.....You are in denial...

"Tet: 'The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army.' "-STP challenging Craigie

"Never said that."-Tellalie

Lie-

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

The punk lies more than he cries/blinks.

john w

Hall of Fame
"So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD."-Tellafib

Vs.

" Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post

Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus wrote about it:

"Besides these [signs], a few days after that feast, on the one- and-twentieth day of the month Artemisius, [Jyar,] a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared; I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armour were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities." - Jewish Wars, VI-V-3

"In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour. A sudden lightning flash from the clouds lit up the Temple. The doors of the holy place abruptly opened, a superhuman voice was heard to declare that the gods were leaving it, and in the same instant came the rushing tumult of their departure." - Histories, Book 5, v. 13"-Tellafib

Craigie: Flavey Joe wrote about this AD 70 event,but he was also not an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD.....Darby....You are in denial....

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD."-Tellafib

Vs.

" Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post

Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus wrote about it:

Once again, Little Johnny W the Dance Director purposely misquotes me. Which is why Little Johnny doesn't use the quote tags.

Here is the quote in context:

All of scripture was completed before 70AD.

So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD.

The context was proof found in the Bible. GM asked for "proof" from the Bible.

As we see above, I pointed out that all scripture was completed before 70AD, so, you're not going to find an eyewitness description in the Bible.

All you're doing Little Johnny is proving how wrong Dispensationalism is. You can't defend it, so you concentrate all of your efforts trying to attack me, even if that means purposely misquoting me out of context.

john w

Hall of Fame
Once again, Little Johnny W the Dance Director purposely misquotes me. Which is why Little Johnny doesn't use the quote tags.

Here is the quote in context:

The context was proof found in the Bible. GM asked for "proof" from the Bible.

As we see above, I pointed out that all scripture was completed before 70AD, so, you're not going to find an eyewitness description in the Bible.

All you're doing Little Johnny is proving how wrong Dispensationalism is. You can't defend it, so you concentrate all of your efforts trying to attack me, even if that means purposely misquoting me out of context.

Little arms/no chin, greasy looking Tellalie, lies again, and cries that I "misquote him." You lying chump, as I've caught you in lie after lie, in "I have never said" after "I have never said," and then I quote you saying one of these "I have never said"'s.

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
"Were Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus there and did they saw it themselves?"

"Josephus was there, and saw it.I don't know if Tacitus was there or not."-Wimpy Craigie

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?115693-Does-Luke-19-44-disprove-Preterism/page40

"So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD."-No chin little arms Craigie the weasel
Vs.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tellalie

You habitual liar-even you know it.

john w

Hall of Fame
"So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD."-little arms Craigie the twit

Vs.

"Who in 70 AD or immediately thereafter claimed that the destruction of Jerusalem was actually the return of Christ predicted in the NT?

Eusebius of Caesarea in his book: "The proof of the Gospel, being the Demonstratio evangelica" said the following:

"When, then, we see what was of old foretold for the nations fulfilled in our own day, and when the lamentation and wailing that was predicted for the Jews, and the burning of the Temple and its utter desolation, can also be seen even now to have occurred according to the prediction, surely we must also agree that the King who was prophesied, the Christ of God, has come, since the signs of His coming have been shewn in each instance I have treated to have been clearly fulfilled." - Demonstratio Evangelica; Book VIII

As I have told you, the writings of Josephus confirm all the prophecies in Matt 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, Revelation 16, and others.

In his same book, Eusebius of Caesarea said the following:

"If any one compares the words of our Saviour with the other accounts of the historian (Josephus) concerning the whole war, how can one fail to wonder, and to admit that the foreknowledge and the prophecy of our Saviour were truly divine and marvelously strange." - Book III, Ch. VII

Moreover, Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus both wrote about chariots seen in the sky and many other strange phenomena that occurred in Jerusalem in 70AD."Tellafib

Craigie: They wrote about this AD 70 strange phenomena, but they did not see it either, as they were not eyewitnesses.

You lying weasel, as TOL laughs at you.

john w

Hall of Fame
"So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD."-little arms Craigie the twit

Vs.

"More from Eusebius of Caesarea:

"The Holy Scriptures foretell that there will be unmistakable signs of the Coming of Christ. Now there were among the Hebrews three outstanding offices of dignity, which made the nation famous, firstly the kingship, secondly that of prophet, and lastly the high priesthood. The prophecies said that the abolition and complete destruction of all these three together would be the sign of the presence of the Christ. And that the proofs that the times had come, would lie in the ceasing of the Mosaic worship, the desolation of Jerusalem and its Temple, and the subjection of the whole Jewish race to its enemies...The holy oracles foretold that all these changes, which had not been made in the days of the prophets of old, would take place at the coming of the Christ, which I will presently shew to have been fulfilled as never before in accordance with the predictions." - Demonstratio Evangelica VIII"-Tellalie

Craigie: Er, no, signs are invisible, you see.....Darby.....There would be signs, but no witness of these signs....You are in denial....Darby...

john w

Hall of Fame

Vs.

"'Prodigies had occurred, but their expiation by the offering of victims or solemn vows is held to be unlawful by a nation which is the slave of superstition and the enemy of true beliefs. In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour. A sudden lightning flash from the clouds lit up the Temple. The doors of the holy place abruptly opened, a superhuman voice was heard to declare that the gods were leaving it, and in the same instant came the rushing tumult of their departure." - Tacitus (A.D. 115),Histories, Book 5, v. 13'"-Tellalie

Craigie: There are no eyewitnesses of this "This In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour. A sudden lightning flash....a super human voice.." You are in denial...

john w

Hall of Fame
"So, you're not going to find an eyewitness description of what happened in 70AD."-little arms Craigie
Vs.

john w

Hall of Fame
You can't defend it, so you concentrate all of your efforts trying to attack me,...

You flaming actress:"brainwashed"-Tellafib

You habitual liar, whited wall. Boo, hoo, you little armed weasel, cry baby, twit, with your "quit attacking me" wimper of hypocrisy. Start acting like a man, you wimp.