ECT What is your view of MAD and MADists? (Strictly for people who are not mad)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus who knew and knows ALL did not have her put to death as the law required for adultery !

Jesus said " neither do I condemn you". Is that not GRACE ?
Doesn't matter what Jesus KNEW. This was about the law. And the law had certain steps that had to be taken to condemn someone.

musterion

You FORCE scripture to support that which scripture does NOT support. Your loss not mine.

He did NOT say she was forgiven; only that He did not condemn her.

You FORCE the Scripture to support that which Scripture does NOT support. Your loss not mine.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 3:17 KJV
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

dodge

Doesn't matter what Jesus KNEW. This was about the law. And the law had certain steps that had to be taken to condemn someone.

YOU are ignoring the following verse which actually has a meaning.

Jhn 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

musterion

I like the part where the account indicates the woman went away repentant, never to commit adultery again.

Oh, wait...it doesn't indicate that at all. Maybe she didn't, maybe she did, but it just doesn't say.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YOU are ignoring the following verse which actually has a meaning.

Matthew 5:17-18 KJV
(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

musterion

I said Jesus showed the woman grace make of it what you will.

That wasn't grace He showed. It was Law, which cannot be broken.

She got off on what amounts to a technicality because the Pharisees let the man she was caught with get away, in violation of Lev 20:10.

It's clear you don't believe the Scripture because you refuse to heed it.

musterion

Matthew 5:17-18 KJV
(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

That right there is the only reason she could not be legally condemned. Had He agreed with her stoning, He would have gone back on what He said in Matthew 5 by breaking Lev 20:10.