What is the Gospel?

Truster

Unobstructed by demons and opinions of men?

I would hope so. Thank you for the compliment.

By being as you are... you miss that Sonnet desires Jesus Christ... but is searching. You wicked servant... you bury the Lords investment...

You say he is seeking. Scripture says that none seek Him, no not one. I know for an absolute fact that I didn't and wouldn't seek Him, but He who came to seek and to save that which is lost sought and saved me...

You are sonnet are the same person.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You say he is seeking. Scripture says that none seek Him, no not one. I know for an absolute fact that I didn't and wouldn't seek Him, but He who came to seek and to save that which is lost sought and saved me...

You are sonnet are the same person.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Well... what do you know... Truster ... IS... A Liar...

Truster

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Well... what do you know... Truster ... IS... A Liar...

That was spoken to His chosen people and not to the nations of the world....wake up EE or sonnet or whatever you are.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
That was spoken to His chosen people and not to the nations of the world....wake up EE or sonnet or whatever you are.

Malachi 1:5 Your own eyes shall see this, and you shall say, “Great is the LORD beyond the border of Israel!”

And thanks for slamming supersessionism...

I agree... those words were spoken to Israel... the chosen... and Israel remains Israel...

Now understand Matthew 5:14 in relation to Israel’s commission to bring in Gentiles... and see if something clicks that shatters your assertions of elitism...

Truster

Malachi 1:5 Your own eyes shall see this, and you shall say, “Great is the LORD beyond the border of Israel!”

And thanks for slamming supersessionism...

I agree... those words were spoken to Israel... the chosen... and Israel remains Israel...

Now understand Matthew 5:14 in relation to Israel’s commission to bring in Gentiles... and see if something clicks that shatters your assertions of elitism...

You are going around in circles trying to prove a point that you can't. Now you expect me to jump through hoops. I saw your deceit when you were pretending to be sonnet a few days ago and I've been playing you along. You are filled with deceit and as of now I'm putting you on ignore.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You are going around in circles trying to prove a point that you can't. Now you expect me to jump through hoops. I saw your deceit when you were pretending to be sonnet a few days ago and I've been playing you along. You are filled with deceit and as of now I'm putting you on ignore.

giphy.gif

Except... The Sonnet part... you lack his simple ability to remain subjective and open minded...

Sonnet

So I wouldn't be out of line in saying that two different Gospels are preached by Christians (albeit that the Calvinist one has to be extracted under interrogation)?

Gospel 1:
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, was buried and was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures...believe in Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved...

Gospel 2:
The above with the proviso that 'our' are the elect and you will only believe if God predetermined that you would (justification for such choice being founded on the fact that all men are so totally depraved that none would ever choose God anyway - so the Good News is that at least He chose some).

Sonnet

On the TOL Statement of Faith page it says:

For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered death and was buried.

I am wondering who 'our' are (and asked as much on the thread).

Of course, it does means believers (since it's a statement of faith) - but would TOL admin be willing to say if it includes all people in its provision?

Sonnet

I can preach all scripture and point to Christ’s unconditional love.

Romans 12:19-20 gives the Esau verse deeper context... God breaks the hardened and lavishes the weak with His Love.

The word that is “hate” is to persecute... God’s indiscriminate Love is persecution to the Hateful and hardened and thus it is as if it were Hate...

You don't consider the language of Romans 9 in any way difficult? Calvinism rests on such verses...and Ephesians 1, Romans 8:28-30 etc

Sonnet

You're quite okay with a God whom you think chooses whomever He wishes to save and passes by the rest? How is this harmonised with the love of God expressed in 1 John 4?

Truster

You're quite okay with a God whom you think chooses whomever He wishes to save and passes by the rest? How is this harmonised with the love of God expressed in 1 John 4?

You have the same ignorant literary style as your alter ego. The manner in which you ask a question shows you have an underlying deceit that turns the question into a statement. You are not inquiring, you are accusing.

Sonnet

You have the same ignorant literary style as your alter ego. The manner in which you ask a question shows you have an underlying deceit that turns the question into a statement. You are not inquiring, you are accusing.

Why do you hate so, Truster?

Calvinists aver that God chooses whomever He wishes and is justified in doing so because we are so totally depraved that we deserve nothing; that He chooses anyone is the Good News and humanity should be grateful for as much.

Is this incorrect?

Truster

Why do you hate so, Truster?

Calvinists aver that God chooses whomever He wishes and is justified in doing so because we are so totally depraved that we deserve nothing; that He chooses anyone is the Good News and humanity should be grateful for as much.

Is this incorrect?

I hate every false way and that is according to a man with a heart after Yah Veh.