What is the Gospel?

Truster

Nobody can believe in that which is undefined.

You haven't said what it is you can't believe. You've said why, but not what.

Lets make it simple:

Do you believe in the creation and sustaining of all that exists?

Do you think that a big bang occurred and that everything evolved?

Multiple choice is so much easier...

Sonnet

You haven't said what it is you can't believe.

I asked you if you thought 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 was the Gospel - the Gospel unbelievers are invited to believe, but you wouldn't answer.

Did Christ die for all men without exception?

Truster

I asked you if you thought 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 was the Gospel - the Gospel unbelievers are invited to believe, but you wouldn't answer.

Did Christ die for all men without exception?

You've declared that you are a non-believer. Are you asking me to convince you about the existence of something that you don't believe in? Because that is as BIG a contradiction as I have ever heard.

Truster

You haven't said what it is you can't believe. You've said why, but not what.

Lets make it simple:

Multiple choice is so much easier...

In case you missed it.

Last edited:

Sonnet

In case you missed it.

It would be more relevant to the thread for you to respond to my question regarding 1 Cor 15:3-8 - whether it's the Gospel. I have asked many times. Why you wont, as a follower of Christ, answer is baffling.

Truster

In case you missed it.

CALM DOWN AND ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Please excuse the large print. Just imagine a T-shirt.

Truster

It would be more relevant to the thread for you to respond to my question regarding 1 Cor 15:3-8 - whether it's the Gospel. I have asked many times. Why you wont, as a follower of Christ, answer is baffling.

Until I have the answer to the creation/big bang question I can't answer.

Truster

PS The nebular depicted in your avatar. Is that due to the fourth day of creation or a big BANG?

There's that multiple choice again. I hope I'm not going to have to get the crayons out...?

Truster

4th Day.

14 And Elohim said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And Elohim made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And Elohim set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and Elohim saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

TRUE or FALSE

Truster

Let's keep to the OP.

I am keeping to the OP. You state you are a non-believer and I need to know what it is you don't believe. Once I know we can move on.

4th Day.

14 And Elohim said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And Elohim made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And Elohim set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and Elohim saw that it was good.

TRUE or FALSE

Sonnet

I am keeping to the OP. You state you are a non-believer and I need to know what it is you don't believe. Once I know we can move on.

4th Day.

TRUE or FALSE

The OP is about the Gospel.

Truster

IF you don't trust in the existence of the Creator and sustainer of all then you can't trust what He says.

CREATOR or BANG?

Truster

PS that is why we have the words angel, evangel and evangelist.

angel, ev-angel and ev-angel-ist.

CREATOR or BANG?

Robert Pate

Banned
I am a non-believer interested in knowing what the good news is. I ask because, in my experience, Christians do not seem to agree on the specifics. One might point to the issue of the scope of Christ's salvific provision as being particularly relevant.

If the Gospel isn't clearly defined then, surely, the non-believer may legitimately ask, 'Believe in what?'

The Gospel is good news for lost sinners. If you don't see yourself as a lost sinner them it is not good news. Instead it is a picture of God's judgment on sin.

The Gospel is good news because it is about how Jesus in your name and on your behalf fulfilled all of the demands of God's holy law. This is how we are justified (made right before God and his law).

The Gospel is good news because Jesus in your name and on your behalf has atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

In Jesus Christ you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus you now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Last edited:

Sonnet

The Gospel is good news for lost sinners. If you don't see yourself as a lost sinner them it is not good news. Instead it is a picture of God's judgment on sin.

The Gospel is good news because it is about how Jesus in your name and on your behalf fulfilled all of the demands of God's holy law. This is how we are justified (made right before God and his law).

The Gospel is good news because Jesus in your name and on your behalf has atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

In Jesus Christ you have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus you now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Thanks. Do you recognise that Calvinist's preach a Gospel that, under interrogation, contradicts this offer of salvation?

Truster

Thanks. Do you recognise that Calvinist's preach a Gospel that, under interrogation, contradicts this offer of salvation?

There is no such thing as an "offer" of salvation. Salvation is guaranteed for those Messiah died for.

CREATOR or BANG?